TSW Advice / Worth playing Ladder?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Ever_A_Noob
Pit Knight
110 | 1
Finally made the jump to TSW. Losing MultiRes is a big adjustment. I've played Median since the early Brother Laz days - so familiarity with the mod is not a problem.

Any general tips for realm play? Do most folks farm in large packs (there's no /PlayerX on realm - so the drops would be sparse), or just to uberlevels / rushing that way? Without PlugY, it seems I'll be devoting a good deal of time to muling.

Secondly, I typically get less than eight hours / week of game time. Is it worth playing Ladder, or will it reset by the time I grind out some decent gear?

Deleting my PlugY was painful, but it's kinda nice to start over without all the sets and SUs ready for me.
wasabimousse
Vampiress
37 | 0
how long were the ladders in the past?
Crash
Madawc
6801 | 329
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
wasabimousse wrote:how long were the ladders in the past?

3-4 months the last few.
Somnus
Joyboy
1338 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
If you don't have lag, have friends/wanna play with friends and you want better content/better experience, go for Ladder.
If you want autismo mode, going sp or mp, doesn't really matter, I play MP in autismo unless playing with the guild.
Ever_A_Noob
Pit Knight
110 | 1
How many folks play MP non - ladder?

I realize ladder chars become regular MP ones when the ladder resets - seems like most devoted folks just restart the ladder every few months.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
You should be able to get all the charms and have time to farm a bit with your game time. I have a similar schedule and besides the first week of play I don't have a huge amount of gametime either. You might not have the most terrific gear ever while getting the charms but if your strategic and use good crafted and rw pieces you should easily be able to accomplish this with game time. Also , friends op
Ever_A_Noob
Pit Knight
110 | 1
shnurr214 wrote:You might not have the most terrific gear

Does that limit the number of viable builds on the ladder? Most fun I ever had was a RoL / Flamestrike pally, only possible beside I had a bunch of sssus in my stash.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Well atm I only play SP since MP laggs too much for me. There are simply too many people online. I don't get a stable connection.

But when I play MP, I usually like to play with other people. You get to know people, you play with them together. I have yet to find another game that has an online experience that great. (Talking about Diablo 2 in general, not MXL specifically)