What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1495 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
A hole of depression
Frostpunk is the first society survival game. As the ruler of the last city on Earth, it is your duty to manage both its citizens and infrastructure. What decisions will you make to ensure your society's survival? What will you do when pushed to breaking point? Who will you become in the process?

Game that I was high anticipated in the past because how gritty the developer previous game was (The war of mine). I uninstally the game after first hour because of the small UI issue, but somehow i managed to prevail through this time.

Frorstpunk is a city survival that required you manage your population and resource, while trying to survive in day to day of harsh winter. You have limited worker and you have limited heat source, the goal is pretty much trying to maximize your efficiency while trying to scale up your city. The game have nice steampunk aesthetic, especially related it day / night cycle. Go throught the tech tree, and you will discover more crazy resource gatherer for the end game. Oh btw, the winter is pretty brutal.

Oh boy, you have no idea how hate I was with the game. First, the game required you way too many micro-management in real time (at least you could pause), it down to shutdown individual building or managing amount of worker you send in specific building. Burnt too much heat? You will lose coal pretty fast and brutal winter will your people. Burnt too little, and they will get sick. Personally, the aspect i hate is because the campaign built around scripted event, that hit you hard if you just playing for first time. Once you have that knowledge, you will get hit with another harder events.

Rarely I give thumbdown on good video games. The game is just not for me. If resource management in survival game for single player is already annoying enough, imagine trying to manage 400++ populations.
Crash
Madawc
6801 | 329
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Prime_Evil wrote:Image

If you know you know.

i want that
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2342 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Tabletop night tonight with a few peeps.

iwansquall
Harpylisk
1495 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
My gaming experience so far have been messed up since i platinumed Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak.

1. Assassin Creed Odyssey
I thought i will able to enjoy this, since it was said that this one of the better action combat for modern assassin creed, especially after my favourite AC Origins. Turned out that game is so flawed & repetitive in many aspect. World itself is vast empty boring that is annoying to move around, especially with its simplified ship usage. Combat have so many issues, especially with tracking & how tanking most of the enemies on hardest difficulty. I think worse part is the quest / narrative system where I would just skip most of the dialogue and seem the protagonist seem able to romance every freaking NPC in the game.

I only managed to cleared 50% of whole map, and still have 2 big DLC to tackle. I decided to just uninstall now as I no longer have fun with it as the game was so freaking annoying after you cleared tutorial island.

2. Dota 2
Nothing much to say except i suddenly dedicated to reinstall the game again. Last time i played was back in 2018 and i have been playing for a decade before that point. The newer crownfall seem adding some sort of narrative and story progression that reward to play multiple different heroes, so i guess i will use that as my reason to play. Despite mostly i will just stick with ability draft or turbo for now since I just aiming to have short burst of fun.

3. DRG
Tried to reinstall and play the game, my fire with the game just gone. Mostly because I no longer have objective to aim for and recent season is just annoying corruption based encounter. Uninstall after like couple of games.

4. Dead Island Riptide
After annoyed with dying light for not having fast travel and slow animation when you open the chest / door, i though I enjoyed the dead island in the past more than dying light, turned out that the game is much more clunky & arcadey than i remember. Surely I like the sunshine / bright paradise of first game compared to dread dying light, but the game just not it for me anymore

5. 7 Days To Die
Almost 1.0 and the game have horrendous outdated graphic and UI that seem came from mid 2000s. I thought I would enjoy the tutorial aspect first but the game is just not for me. Hard to play open world crafting survival now, once you already experience the forest or green hell.

6. Graveyard Keeper
Annoying little bugger that trying to make snarky stardew valley with theme of using zombie. Problem is the game is very tedious with of its system and it took me 3 months (mostly because I was clearing MH sunbreak) to finally have the mood to replay the game and finish it. Turned out that I rushed through DLC pretty quick and finally can uninstall it after 5 hours straight.

7. Immortal Fenyx Rising
After discourage with this game demo as well as horrendous AC Odyssey, i hesitate to play another open world game like this. My god, it was good decision. The game have very nice presentation and powerful first impression, basically it is like metroid vania that give you dopamine rush with every set of new abilities in just first 2 hours. Definitely will try to finish the game now

8. Hand of Fate 2
Another small indie game I played long time ago and stopped. I finally figured out that game have nice concept / idea, but terrible execution especially with annoying mini games. With a knowledge of editing some codes, now i can progress the story campaign without needing to repeat the run too many times. Still not perfect solution, at least i can play it until completion (100% achievement required DLC and alot of grind though, so i wont do that)

9. Crown Trick
Alot of those heavy roguelike is too emphasize on twitch / dexterity skill i cant muster. So this small indie game with turn-based system is pretty good as I just can be careful with my every step. I would say that its element synergies and powerful gears made a fun short run. Too bad game is small on RNGs aspect so I just need to grind abit more just to get enough stats so I can win the game.

I still on burnout mode after MH sunbreak, i only play small bit of each games everyday and rotate once I get small progression. Not even in mood to watch any anime atm.