What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
My life as Inukai's dog.

...i didnt think it possible for anime to get that far in degen. Ive painstakingly watched as much as i could of "Reincarnated as a Sword" and "Reincarnated as a vending machine" and i honest though all "reincarnation" trope anime territory had been covered by then.

I was wrong.

This anime is about a girl (Karen Inukai) who takes a dog in who happens to be a reincarnated guy. Sure whatever. What i found out the hard way is that it was a very special anime involving girls and dogs...

Bathing naked together with the dog ; Tailjobs (yep that kind of job. ) ; Feet licking complete with hentai like moaning ; Getting the dog to undress her ; Getting the dog to lick her uh... lets just say it rhymes with "sussy" ; Enticing the dog with said "sussy" ; Giving the dog a ballgag. what. ; and ive saved the best for last :

Breastfeeding the dog.

We have achieved peak degenaracy. There is no turning back now.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Dark Gathering.

I hate comedies. I hate comedies with slice of life. I hate comedies with slice of life that sprinkle some gimmick in between to be "different" like supernatural stuff. This is how i thought id feel about this anime on ep 1. I was wrong.

Episode to episode it kept me engaged on what was next. Most characters are 1 dimension sure. Eiko seemed like one of them until you get to see her real reasons for tagging along with the haunted locations missions. Not mind blowing but it subverted my expectations. She's also voiced by Kana Hanazawa, so thats a huge plus for me.

The loli in which the whole anime is centered around is nicely writen, even if simplistic enough, but sometimes simple makes things better than over complicating things for no reason.

Yeah. I liked this anime. Like i said i had low expectations but it surprised me in the long run. 24 eps, some better than others sure but i enjoyed all of them. Pretty rare for that to happen.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Violet Evergarden + Movie.

I dont get fazed by much, im not really the guy that gets emotional at all, but this anime and the movie that follows were really something else. Just goes to show how KyoAni bounced back after their HQ burned down. What an incredible comeback.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Keikenzumi na kimi to, keiken zero na ore ga, otsukiai suru Hanashi. (or just KimiZero)

Absolute dogshit anime, it met all of my very low expectations. Insufferable betacuck of a main character. Dropped by end of ep 1.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
The chaddest protagonist.
Rentarou Aijou has it all: looks, intelligence, athletic skill, and popularity with peers and mentors alike. Unfortunately, none of these qualities help Rentarou with his love life. On the day of his middle school graduation, he is once again turned down by a girl he confesses to, earning his one-hundredth rejection in a row. Down on his luck, he goes to a matchmaking shrine and wishes to finally get a girlfriend in high school.

When the god of the shrine suddenly appears before him, Rentarou is told he will meet an astronomical total of one hundred soulmates in high school. Though Rentarou initially does not take this foretelling seriously, his doubts disappear when, on the first day of school, he meets two of these soulmates—Hakari Hanazono and Karane Inda—who both confess to him. With fated encounters and love confessions galore, Rentarou's life is about to get a lot more exciting.

Again, Im getting into slump with video games and watching anime, so im kinda need to high adrenaline happy anime to recharge my battery. The series have been awarded in many youtuber top 10 anime for 2023, so i kinda put high expectaction from it.

Romance + Comedy + Harem is nothing new, and usually it is my favourite go to especially if it have ecchi tag. This anime doesnt have much of that, but instead start with absurd premise. It started promising which what I considered as one of the best anime production for comedy anime. It got good direction, great comedic timing as well playful casts. While trying to tackle each girl, the protagonist always being manly and love each every of his girlfriends. However, chaos ensured in every episodes.

Again, as i said earlier. I was in slump and i put high expectaction, only to get disappointed with whole story package. Aside from couple of episodes focusing on specific girl (not just my fav), it become a sloth / comedy type that i dont enjoy. Because each girl is just stereotype of personality, the joke will become repetitive that usual solved by protagonist. Plot wise, some of the episode are good while most of the episode are just the girl bantering with each other.

The anime is still very good, it just not good level as many other harem / romcom i have watched in the past (as well as my current slump situation) . It being scored highly on MAL probably because of recency bias, thus i suggest watch first 2 episodes (1st was good, 2nd not so much to me)
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
level 1 maou to one room yuusha.

sigh. main character guy dude clearly inspired by gintoki from Gintama, except gintoki at least was a much better character ; most of the gags and jokes in this comedy anime are unfunny and have to rely on fanservice or obvious rom com shit, i knew there was a reason for me to dread animes where comedy is its first focus...

the maou in question being the loli that suddenly shows up and as the anime progresses she becomes more feminine i guess to make the comedy land with all the shenanigans, but it falls flat.

idk man, theres been a lot of really good animes lately like Dark Gathering that even though it took itself half-seriously were still funny, but this one....yeah, this aint it, chief.
Wilsom65
Fallen
1 | 0
I frequently enjoy watching horror and romantic anime series on the highly acclaimed webtoon platform newtoki. co. This South Korean platform boasts a sleek, modern design and user-friendly interface. Although I currently reside in the United States, It allows me to indulge in content from my native Korean culture, having spent decades living there before relocating. After moving to the USA, I resided in Austria for several years due to professional obligations. Newtoki serves as a nostalgic link to my roots, with its extensive library catering to my preferences for immersive narratives that resonate with my cultural background across diverse genres.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Back to 2020. Majutsushi Orphen Hagure Tabi.

Like the premise, but holy shit does this anime get boring really fast. Voice acting as well is subpar for at least what im used to hearing in anime, some characters sound like "we have Kana Hanazawa or Chiwa Saitoh at home". Not sure if budget was a problem but some of the voice cast are real amateurs at it compared to the norm. Nobody is asking for the amazingness that was voice cast in Grimgar or anything like that but come on...

Again, nice premise. Boring execution and voice talent for most characters, with a few exceptions.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Mato Seihei no Slave.

As the last part of the name implies, this is "FEMDOM : THE ANIME" .

Ive watched worse. It was ok.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Sousou no Frieren.

I have to admit, I went in as a huge skeptic about this anime. 9.4/10 on MAL. Nothing but praises by everyone that has watched it. "One of the best and seasonally longest animes ever" - I went in with high expectations but was expecting a mid overhyped anime with some ocasional good episodes. Boy was I wrong. After bingeing all 28 eps in one sitting I now see what the big fuss is about this anime. A true rollercoaster ride. The first 2 eps didn't pull any punches for being the first 2 eps, and they managed to set that mood throughout the rest of the show.

I started being a skeptic to the hype, and I'm now a convert. This is easily one of the best animes I've watched and a true masterpiece.