What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Prime_Evil wrote:Helldivers 2 with my gf and her cousin in the squad. This game is amazing. A lot of fun.

So a threesome. Noice.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
blah blah blah, im not finishing any games atm so no review
because my slump, i have been installing couple of games :

1. ac odyssey - bleh, 80 hours in and i still struggled to continue playing the game. kinda regret buying it now
2. mon hun rise - not as good as world for story progression wise, but it is fairly challenging game
3. orbital bullet - a bite size game i bought for rogue-like itch, turn out i just not skilled for arcade-y shooter
4. touhou 6 eosd - welp, my skill gone. cant even past level 3 without dying. give up after that
5. deep rock galactic survivor - just bought yesterday, already past 2 hours mark. abit more tricky than usual brain dead survivor game
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
So Last Epoch 1.0 just launched and first the login server was down for like hour and half, and currently as of this moment even though you can join the online servers it will not let you change zones without popping up a "Failed to Matchmake" error, so nothing new here, just another online game that has a disastrous online game server launch. Better luck tomorrow i suppose.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I CANT STOP PLAYING THIS GAME!

Deep Rock Galactic: Survivor is a single player survivor-like auto-shooter. Wield the full arsenal of Deep Rock Galactic, take on hordes of lethal aliens, mine riches, and unlock powerful upgrades. It's one dwarf against all of Planet Hoxxes!

I saw the teaser for this game long time ago, but i ignore it since I was not fan of survivor / bullet heaven game. Until i saw the game being played by asmongold and I finally hooked.

If you are fan of DRG, there are many elements from the said game that carry over into this. Regardless, this is pretty unique experience and have potential to go bonker with its weapon combinations. Im surprised that my pc didnt have issues playing this game despite there are like hundred of bugs on the screen (only lagged abit at higher difficulty) and the game look beautiful / polished. Combine with meta-progression, the game still have content for hundred of hours, as you want to test variety of weapon combinations and synergies.

As for the bad thing,the game is still in early access and have alot of game ending / crashes that ruined your run. Luckily your run is only about 30 minutes each, though it still can get repetitive if you are struggle to clear 1 objective. Also, the game still have limited amount of maps and bosses, thus you kinda will replay the same 3 maps over and over again. Balance wise, i still personally prefer the developer to consistent updates are there are only 2 hotfix for last 10 days, so it is kinda on the slow side.

I recommend this, and i still will keep grinding the game slowly. Highest difficulty is pretty tricky and i will just keep playing until RNG lined up for me.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
1 day later into online Last Epoch : I can now play the game...except i cant because transition between zones take literal minutes, and sometimes it wont work at all forcing me to restart the game. What a colossal fuck up. I know its an indie dev but this is a buy2play game, its not PoE. I would expect things to be fixed to make the game at least playable in full at this point. But hey, at least the devs are giving everyone free MTX and pets because of it.... now how can i equip the MTX if the game wont even play normally? Hmm....
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
welp. 3 days after last epoch launch and servers have reverted to the mess they were in the beginning. constant disconnects, 10-15 minute long loading screens, you are luck if the game lets you connect at all with your character when you try to go into the server itself, more often than not it gets stuck on "Connecting" forever. i waited for 40 minutes on that screen and nothing.

too bad i cant get a refund on this trainwreck, shame because i was enjoying it when it was in early access but now unless you want to play offline (which i dont) this game is a brick, and i cant recommend it to anyone as of right now. im leaving a negative review as well because this is just ridiculous for a buy2play game. the cash shop part works fine though! aint that something? - i am not sure if ill ever go back to this game after this shitshow but if the devs manage to get their shit together and make online not feel worse than shit i might change the review back, as of right now they can fuck right off.

edit :

few days forward they finally fixed the server issues. so all that i typed before is now moot and void.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
GAME IS ON SALE, GET IT!
Rise to the challenge and join the hunt! In Monster Hunter Rise, the latest installment in the award-winning and top-selling Monster Hunter series, you’ll become a hunter, explore brand new maps and use a variety of weapons to take down fearsome monsters as part of an all-new storyline.

Usually i wait until i get all achievement, but i think the time doesnt allow me. The game just got first 67% off discount if you buy bought base game and expansion (which im salty, since i paid 50% more just 1 month ago). Even if you havent play monster hunter world, this is more low barrier of entry for awesome MH game.

I will be honest that I said to myself i will never able to enjoy this. Since i enjoyed the main game solely the world / ecology. Turned out i was wrong, this is more bite-size game that i can just play for small bit everyday and still get a meaningful progress. Final product is just so awesome that i think i enjoyed the combat of this entry. Just take note that this game was designed for nintendo switch console first, so it is faster paced and combat heavy. Overall, i love the game once i finished the expansion storyline.

The thing you need to be aware of is that the base game was made during middle of pandemic, thus it was incomplete & doesnt felt good even if you tried to check all small QoL the game added. It just felt disconnected between you as player with world, village or other side characters itself. Not to mention there is 1 annoying game mode, which thankfully was removed in the expansion. The game can felt arcade-y or simple at first, but everything are addressed in the expansion.

If you never fan of monster hunter game, personally i think this is easier entry. Only caveat is that you need to play the sunbreak expansion because that where everything get good. Also, the game is on sale at steam hence im rushing this review. GET BOTH!
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Nightingale is trash. Dont bother with it.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Managed to slam bleed into this in Last Epoch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXo1-CQ37-Q skip to 2:13
langoulk
Dark Huntress
13 | 2
I've been playing Valheim lately with my friends. Forgot how good it was. My favorite aspect is that I can progress as fast as I want. It gets more difficult when you take down a boss. But if I want to spend my days building a house or exploring the oceans in my boat, I can do that.
Running around with my mates in our little slice of Viking land is a level of fun and entertainment that I haven't experienced in a long time. We even got ourselves a private server from supercraft.host because, with their servers, you have to host it on your PC. But some of us want to play all night, and the private server is up 24/7, no matter what.