M17 Released!

Game news and forum updates
CrownOfHorns
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
So I reinstalled D2 which was 1.14b. Installed the 1.13c patch and then Median XL. Came up with a "Failed to retrieve process" error. Ran as admin and came up with d2data.mpq corrupt. Dying to play on this 4 day weekend.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
K, been fighting with this "2239" error for 3.5 hours now. Game works fine on SP, but error pops up when trying to create/join game on TSW. Using standard D2SE/PlugY setup (PlugY disabled when joining TSW, obv) via WINE on Linux. Read through forum threads/posts and tried the suggested solutions ppl offered. Anyone on Linux have this problem and/or could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?
Nicolas72
Jungle Hunter
25 | 1
Solfege wrote:K, been fighting with this "2239" error for 3.5 hours now. Game works fine on SP, but error pops up when trying to create/join game on TSW. Using standard D2SE/PlugY setup (PlugY disabled when joining TSW, obv) via WINE on Linux. Read through forum threads/posts and tried the suggested solutions ppl offered. Anyone on Linux have this problem and/or could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

I had the same problem earlier but after fiddling with the plugy.ini it worked.
Here is mine (Linux Mint-Wine-D2SE&Plugy)

[GENERAL]
ActivePlugin=1
DisableBattleNet=0
ActiveLogFile=0
DllToLoad=MXL.dll
DllToLoad2=[GENERAL]
ActivePlugin=1
DisableBattleNet=0
ActiveLogFile=0
DllToLoad=MXL.dll
DllToLoad2=
ActiveCommands=1
ActiveCheckMemory=1
ActiveCommands=1
ActiveCheckMemory=1

This is the only important part. After that the error disappeared. Also make sure your plugy is version 10.0
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Nicolas72 wrote:
Solfege wrote:K, been fighting with this "2239" error for 3.5 hours now. Game works fine on SP, but error pops up when trying to create/join game on TSW. Using standard D2SE/PlugY setup (PlugY disabled when joining TSW, obv) via WINE on Linux. Read through forum threads/posts and tried the suggested solutions ppl offered. Anyone on Linux have this problem and/or could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

I had the same problem earlier but after fiddling with the plugy.ini it worked.
Here is mine (Linux Mint-Wine-D2SE&Plugy)

► Show Spoiler

This is the only important part. After that the error disappeared. Also make sure your plugy is version 10.0

Yeah, mine looks like that, too--except I didn't have the "DisableBattleNet=0" line, but adding it didn't change things. And yeah, it's PlugY 10.00. Thanks for the help, though. I'll keep playing around with it a bit longer.

I just don't get why SP works fine, but TSW doesn't. Almost positive it's something super simple that I'm overlooking...

Edit:
It seems PlugY is the thing loading MXL.dll, so having the "Use PlugY" box unchecked means MXL.dll isn't being loaded. Same error in SP now with box unchecked, but no problems in SP or TSW as long as box is checked. fml.

@Nicolas72, giving you a cookie for your efforts, and because my stupidity is embarrassing. :lol:
Edited by Solfege 6 years.
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
RIP GS 11
WolfieeifloW
Bone Archer
75 | 14
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Does GLADIATOR'S DOMINANCE: new skill which improves your combat prowess and also adds damage to all Barbarian ranged skills work with Fortress?
Kohuke
Fallen
1 | 0
Just nice mod :D
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
CrownOfHorns wrote:So I reinstalled D2 which was 1.14b. Installed the 1.13c patch and then Median XL. Came up with a "Failed to retrieve process" error. Ran as admin and came up with d2data.mpq corrupt. Dying to play on this 4 day weekend.

Someone fixed their failed to retrieve error by running the game in comp mode.

tooopy wrote:Also! I fixed my "failed to retrieve" !!!

I simply ran it in Window XP compatibility mode!
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Is sorc supposed to be almost unplayable?
ixvid_
Cog
230 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I cant load Plugy with D2SE :/ I have install Diablo II patched it with 1.13c, install D2SE put a median files into MODS folder, delete all folders from 1.07 to 1.12 as suggested, and I can play median via D2SE, but when I try to check te plugy, nothing happens, the mod load withoute plugy, also when I am clicking "start plugin" nothing happened the game doesnt even load. I am using Windows 10. Do I have to install PlugY sepereatly or does D2SE should have it built-in?