Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Alright, this is super frustrating because I've used 150+ shrines and not seen a single Balefire roll. What the hell is a "Special Helm"?

In the Tiered Uniques page in the docs, a "Special Helm" is a Mask or Bone Helm:

But in the Sacred Unique page, "Special Helm" doesn't exist on those:

According to the Affix Table in the docs, not only is the above information misleading, but this is the only possible affix (oskill or proc or any stat) for "Special Helms"

Something is wrong and I'm not sure which page is wrong. If anyone knows, please explain or fix it. I need to know for a guide that I'm working on.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Balefire oskill? Void for sure did roll one this ladder. You should be correct about special helms.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Yea I thought I saw a screenshot of it once, but after 150+ shrines.. 1500 crafts and not a single Balefire appearance and no clarification on what a special helm is, let alone that category only having one possible affix

Edit: also for this thread,
Nomad
and
Nomad (Xis)
say "40% stamina drain"

Shouldn't that be 40% slower stamina drain?

Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
L H wrote:Yea I thought I saw a screenshot of it once, but after 150+ shrines.. 1500 crafts and not a single Balefire appearance and no clarification on what a special helm is, let alone that category only having one possible affix

Edit: also for this thread,
Nomad
and
Nomad (Xis)
say "40% stamina drain"

Shouldn't that be 40% slower stamina drain?

The docs says Mask and Bone helm r special helms
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
pretty sure sacred uniques page is wrong - special helm, as used in the docs, are non class specific masks (so literally just bone helm and mask)

never really understood WHY that distinction was there, it surely couldn't fuck up that much to change the itemtype of masks to the same itemtype as all other non class specific helms back when median was first created, but i digress
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
L H wrote:Alright, this is super frustrating because I've used 150+ shrines and not seen a single Balefire roll. What the hell is a "Special Helm"?

In the Tiered Uniques page in the docs, a "Special Helm" is a Mask or Bone Helm:

But in the Sacred Unique page, "Special Helm" doesn't exist on those:

According to the Affix Table in the docs, not only is the above information misleading, but this is the only possible affix (oskill or proc or any stat) for "Special Helms"

Something is wrong and I'm not sure which page is wrong. If anyone knows, please explain or fix it. I need to know for a guide that I'm working on.

Still waiting on clarification for this: Can Balefire oskill spawn on Bone Helms and Masks before I waste another 70 shrines to find an affix that doesn't exist simply because the table or docs page is wrong?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Nvm. It does spawn. Maybe its just terrible terrible RNG

Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I lied. I'm back. I went through another 63 shrines and not a single Balefire. I see Meteor Shower oskill at least once per 15 rolls, but out of another 630, no balefire oskill.

Can this be looked at? Perhaps the spawn chance is extremely low for some reason or it's not properly pulling the affix? I know they're supposed to draw from the same affix pool as rares, but the only time I've seen balefire oskill was on the rare helmet above, a rare mask last week, and a rare mask about two months ago, and all were Tier 4 and Tier 5. Is there some issue with it spawning on Sacred items or just an extremely low chance? Something just seems off, so all I ask is that it gets looked at to make sure the numbers are right and nothing is buggy about it so I can just hang out and feel bad for my shitty RNG luck.
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
L H wrote:Still waiting on clarification for this:

your question was answered twice by Rishab first and then me.

L H wrote:I lied. I'm back. I went through another 63 shrines and not a single Balefire. I see Meteor Shower oskill at least once per 15 rolls, but out of another 630, no balefire oskill.

You have a screenshot proving that balefire spawns on masks. That should answer your question, no?

'sides, if you look up the Meteor Shower oskill you find that it's the same group as balefire meaning you have one or the other.

you're just having bad rng. Also the possibility that you're not using items with an ilevel of 99 -- Balefire is an extremely high end proc. If you're using a Mask with an item level of 89 or lower, you are never going to get balefire no matter how hard you try because that only produces an affix level of 79 and lower. Balefire requires an affix level of 80. You have to either be using a sacred Bone Mask for the crafts as they have a guaranteed affix level of at least 81 or make sure you're using items that are level 99.

hate to say it but after having the special helms thing cleared up you probably could have fixed this by reading the docs a little harder.

also, there's an edit button