Σ 2.0.6 Patch Notes

Game news and forum updates
afgusto
Prowler
17 | 1
I love Median XL, I am a longtime player, but I just want to express my thoughts that I gathered since the release.

I understand that this is a passion project, we are not paying a dime and the team really did a great job with everything they have done so far, but we have to be fair and call things for what they really are.

The 2.0 release is an utter disaster and that's just what it is. Countless crashes, bugs, DCs and whatever the hell people are encountering, but one bug in particular is the worst I have ever seen in any game - Bad Inventory data. I pay with my time I spend in the game, only for that time to be completely wasted with a permanent character brick is just obscene. This is so bad that I am probably not touching this mod ever again - I simply refuse to play in fear that all the hours I sink will be washed away with a bug that you can do nothing about.

I really hope the team will prioritize this issue because honestly, this is the worst bug I have witnessed in gaming ever, and we really did see some bad stuff happening in other games.

I just wish 1.8 was still available so at least some of us who prefer SP can actually play the game.

Stay strong team, I know it is a very difficult time for you guys.
Taem
Necrobot
2476 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
afgusto wrote:I love Median XL, I am a longtime player, but I just want to express my thoughts that I gathered since the release.

I understand that this is a passion project, we are not paying a dime and the team really did a great job with everything they have done so far, but we have to be fair and call things for what they really are.

The 2.0 release is an utter disaster and that's just what it is. Countless crashes, bugs, DCs and whatever the hell people are encountering, but one bug in particular is the worst I have ever seen in any game - Bad Inventory data. I pay with my time I spend in the game, only for that time to be completely wasted with a permanent character brick is just obscene. This is so bad that I am probably not touching this mod ever again - I simply refuse to play in fear that all the hours I sink will be washed away with a bug that you can do nothing about.

I really hope the team will prioritize this issue because honestly, this is the worst bug I have witnessed in gaming ever, and we really did see some bad stuff happening in other games.

I just wish 1.8 was still available so at least some of us who prefer SP can actually play the game.

Stay strong team, I know it is a very difficult time for you guys.

Ouch! That does sound bad! However, I cannot even load the game, period! Keeps crashing at UPDATE which changes to INSTALL, but both crash with a javascript error despite paths having full admin access. I haven't even seen 2.0 yet.... Seems like a lot of bugs
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I had the same issue with the launcher but after enough attempts it eventually updated itself

Game does crash a lot tho, shared stash especially
anemnesis
Imp
5 | 0
okay they added pages ! i can finaly play! but there is one issue why only 3? is thre way to add more pages ? i really dont like thow good stuff away also game runs pretty fine to me
chadnewton
Prowler
15 | 0
poison damage buff? its feeling so bad
RudePixels
Skeleton
2 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
pogU
Taem
Necrobot
2476 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
2.0.2 borked mxl for me. Updater cannot get past 2.0.1....

As of right now, Launcher takes between 30-60 seconds to start. When it starts, it says PLAY, and when I click PLAY, it says Mod Version Unknown RESTART and keeps going that infinitely! I ctrl-alt-del and shut down launcher. Now it asks for the game folder (again) and when I direct launcher to it, it says Uncaught Exception for 2.0.2.dll.update.part over and over and over... I look at the file 2.0.2.dll.update.part and I can see the issue... it has no owner and no permissions so Windows 10 is blocking it from everything. I try and open the properties and set the permissions, but I am denied even though I am admin. And after trying this like 20x, it takes me back to the launcher saying PLAY... endless cycle. 2.0.2 is borked...

EDIT: After countless attempts, it finally updated to 2.0.2. Just letting the devs know, IDK why all the errors, but whoever is coding for the launcher should write a error catch for that thing that updates the player what is occurring, otherwise it feels broken.
Edited by Taem 2 years.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Taem wrote:2.0.2 borked mxl for me. Updater cannot get past 2.0.1....

As of right now, Launcher takes between 30-60 seconds to start. When it starts, it says PLAY, and when I click PLAY, it says Mod Version Unknown RESTART and keeps going that infinitely! I ctrl-alt-del and shut down launcher. Now it asks for the game folder (again) and when I direct launcher to it, it says Uncaught Exception for 2.0.2.dll.update.part over and over and over... I look at the file 2.0.2.dll.update.part and I can see the issue... it has no owner and no permissions so Windows 10 is blocking it from everything. I try and open the properties and set the permissions, but I am denied even though I am admin. And after trying this like 20x, it takes me back to the launcher saying PLAY... endless cycle. 2.0.2 is borked...

Should work now. Try again.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Taem
Necrobot
2476 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Quirinus wrote:
Taem wrote:2.0.2 borked mxl for me. Updater cannot get past 2.0.1....

Should work now. Try again.

I did and it is working, thanks. See my edit ;)
machopi
Rust Claw
81 | 0
>Fixed reanimates being too tanky
Nooooo, how could you! Why Jesus, whyyy?!