Σ 2.6.7 Patch Notes

Game news and forum updates
darklcd
Prowler
16 | 3
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
aerial wrote:It is probably too late to the party, but I would suggest giving bit more options around those new barb passives.
The way notes state it right now is, you need to dump 30 points into active axe throwing skills (Requires 30 points in other throwing axe skills (Stampede, Snake Bite, Overkill)), to put points into Bloodthirst, that is a useful passive itself, but also unlocks other ones.

Now if you are a build that is not a throwbarb, you gonna have to sink 30 points into skills that you will never use, even if you wanted to, because they require throwing axe. I get this is supposed to be opportunity cost to get access to those new passives.
But, it would feel infinitely better, if you could also invest for example into fortress, to fulfill that requirement, and at least non-throwers would get something thats possible to cast, for their points.

Yeah not a huge fan of these new passives. Too generic to where any build would want them even if they aren't playing a throw build, and lets be honest, any time there's a loot buff skill thrown on 1 class it's going to turn into bullshit for every other class.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
darklcd wrote:and lets be honest, any time there's a loot buff skill thrown on 1 class it's going to turn into bullshit for every other class.

Was my first thought as well. In some other mods, barb is very popular for buffing boss drops by ~50% with Find Item, in some cases forcing a drop where no-drop is more likely to occur naturally.
Especially effective if there is another party member for teleport/fast clear.

But let's wait and see. Maybe it will be different. After all, devs have experience with patches and there is testing before release. I can't imagine something like that getting through without anyone batting an eye.
suchbalance
Team Member
1758 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Barb is a not a faction class (you can pick up skills from any tab, unlike say Paladin), so by definition the new proficiency passives must also be useful to the rest of the builds.

The opportunity cost is there because the proficiencies are a first and foremost thrower quirk. If other builds could get them for no opportunity cost then it would make the thrower less unique, not to mention that the other builds would be getting some unnecessary power creep. This way you also have more choices on the skill tree, which is always nice.

The Pillage loot drops are not strong enough to warp the item find meta, so don't worry about that - we aren't going back to vanilla where it's either sorceress for loot farming or you're extremely suboptimal. The passive is tailored to people who don't like to play labs and prefer to farm high density areas like dunc, fauzt, scoscglen etc. It will trigger roughly 1 to 3 times per clear of these zones. So, while it will be significant for people who like to farm these areas a lot every season, it can safely be ignored if you're not that type of player.
Dogzilla07
Prowler
19 | 1
suchbalance wrote:
The opportunity cost is there because the proficiencies are a first and foremost thrower quirk. If other builds could get them for no opportunity cost then it would make the thrower less unique, not to mention that the other builds would be getting some unnecessary power creep. This way you also have more choices on the skill tree, which is always nice.

Thank you for keeping balance in mind, making more barb builds viable, I was really missing a "magic find barb", and well the idea about being able to do grindy areas is cake on top. + I was really bumbed there wasn't a throw barb, and well the only other barb build I found really cool was guard tower barb xD.

I mean the others look ok, but never attracted me.

So this is like 3 for 3 for me. The additions/changes couldn't be more perfect. I wasn't gonna play this season, but this brought me back
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
2.6.1 coming soon, SoV and druid bear should no longer crash the game
berry117
Dark Wanderer
802 | 78
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Siosilvar wrote:2.6.1 coming soon, SoV and druid bear should no longer crash the game

weird way to type new amazon bow
luciano_96369
Sasquatch
61 | 3
In the Nithogur mission says that needs a Nephalem Dimensional Key with Dimensional Alchemy unlocked to open a portal, were I can get Dimensional Alchemy unlocked?
metasequoia
Cog
206 | 19
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
luciano_96369 wrote:In the Nithogur mission says that needs a Nephalem Dimensional Key with Dimensional Alchemy unlocked to open a portal, were I can get Dimensional Alchemy unlocked?

Get your Key, do the first challenges (riftstones, star charts, fragments, deimoss kill, and cube with celestial wind), to unlock the "hard mode" side, this was the former requirement to try nithogur. dimensional alchemy should be deimoss with 3 or 5 totems unlocked iirc.
Birimbau
Sasquatch
68 | 4
Immortal2563 wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:
Birimbau wrote:Summon necro got more smacked with the resurgence nerf. More skill points needed for the same.

False. Points saved from Mold the Flesh are just spent on Resurgence now.

For God's sake, what does it change if every minion in T10 is one shot from anything?

It could be easily done by making the necro summoner death pact devotion grant flat dmg reduction from all sources and some avoid dmg in a similar fashion sin summons have. The barbarian summons could have similar mechanics too through shamanic trance passive. It doesn't take to be a rocket scientist to figure this shit out.

Plus, With this 5 extra points in resurgence they should at least give summons 1 maximum to all resists per 2 base levels.

I'm exited for xbow necro right now. For summon necro I'll stick to PD2 until something is done to summoners in median.
luciano_96369
Sasquatch
61 | 3
How do I get Dimensional Alchemy?