Ascension Ladder: S1

Game news and forum updates
HeaT_
Rust Claw
83 | 5
Marco wrote:
midknight wrote:Hc scoring system doesnt really work because there is no real competiton, if you are the only druid main you will get all the kills like impsy, elementling on sorc etc. I tried to play legit this ladder with minimal tg investment then i gave up half way through and used tg to get relevant upgrades once u outgear the content labs are trivialised.

sounds a bit like "i didnt win so the system is flawed"

what's your case to say that current hc scores arent fair or accurate? nothing prevented you from going druid/sorc main. Also, the scores in the leaderboard aren't static, i.e. scores for "most kills" are already assigned but they can change, you can see who is at the top, which places they have scores for "most kills" and take them away. those points are most likely going to fluctuate as the season matures

there is less competition in HC in terms of people but the content itself is more competitive. I.e. it's a lot harder to do 100% with a char compared to SC (not just deathless, but also lack of community/trading support), so it would make sense that people who manage to kill even deimoss in hc will be reflected in top3 or even top1. but we are always open for suggestions to make hc<>sc scoring better balanced

there is always going to be people who are going to complain when there is a system of ranking or win/lose, it lends to the "ego". regardless of what you implement, it could be the most objectively flawless system and people will deflect to some inane excuse. partly this has to do with people not understanding what skill is in this genre and also accurately assessing it in themselves vs others.

i play hc, but i don't see why its scoring system needs to be better than its current state or more balanced with sc? one thing that might be interesting to add in addition to what is already there is a stat on efficiency, e.g., first kill/hours played or # of kills/hours played. because i could start the ladder 2 days later and have the fastest quv sin kill but not have the 1st to kill. this can also mitigate the argument that "they just play more, have more time to play and it's not fair", oh ok well what's your efficiency then? (usually it's not to par with top players) it's a pretty hardcore (as in serious), but then again this game is almost as hardcore as they come.
bluechocolate
Fallen
1 | 0
Why are there no assassins in the top 15 except the #1 winner? I haven't played this season so im clueless
(referring to 2nd post on the 1st page)
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Why not?
deathgear420
Skeleton
3 | 0
direkenz wrote:any advice how to make my connection now lag or delay, i am from phillippines, I can play well on ladder even is I want too.

did you learn how to change servers?
direkenz
Prowler
18 | 0
deathgear420 wrote:
direkenz wrote:any advice how to make my connection now lag or delay, i am from phillippines, I can play well on ladder even is I want too.

did you learn how to change servers?

no, i haven't seen it. thanks for the idea i will look for it