Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hi all :) You might have noticed my late absence, as in 2022 I joined the game designer position in a new game studio, which was a lifelong dream of mine. This was a result of over a decade of work, building and expanding MXL to its maximum capabilities, and was only possible thanks to the amazing team we’ve built and the continued support from YOU, the community, over these years, both for which I’m eternally grateful.

Today I’m excited to announce that the team behind Median XL has been absorbed by this new game studio!

What does this mean:
  • The Median XL you play and love will continue to operate as usual, and will continue to grow at an increased rate
  • The studio’s primary interest is to learn and manage an existing community for a live game, grow it, and gain a lot of experience for our future games. Who knows, that might even mean a fully-fledged MXL-inspired aRPG down the road!
  • There will be new members joining the team, in addition to the current team. This will allow us to tackle several weaknesses in our development cycle, such as more reverse engineers for engine modernization, better marketing to bring new players, better servers and more.

The entire development of MXL will be revitalized, our workforce increased, and several features we've struggled over the years (such as online stash, better web, docs) might hopefully come to fruition. We are so excited for this new chapter in Median, and hope you are as well.

The company is a small top-notch engineering studio based in Argentina, which builds open-source core infrastructure. Check it out:
https://lambdaclass.com/
https://github.com/lambdaclass
machopi
Rust Claw
81 | 0
well, we're going corporate...g-fn-g
Vanngancabg
Sasquatch
68 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
great, excellent, wonderfull
PitStains
Balrog
124 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
hyped -
However, I'd be concerned with a game studio taking on a blizzard game (even tho it's heavily modded). I just hope blizzard doesn't come here and shut it down. It's different when hobbyists are modding a game, versus a business/company modding a game. I'm sure you've done due diligence to ensure this is "okay" and Activation/Blizzards won't be knocking
Excited to see all the new stuff that will comes from this. When should we expect the first release/patch from this new team?
Edited by PitStains 2 months.
Sardonic
Gravedigger
194 | 8
Exciting to see what is to come!
JustSO
Cog
201 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
:clap: :clap:
Reeses
Stone Warrior
33 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Thats awesome to hear. A bit nervous as a change like this can come with MANY complications and could even cease the development of MXL if done wrong. But can prosper if done right. Good luck lads and I hope things go your way and are able to utilize this change!
CMBurns
Gravedigger
194 | 51
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Honestly one of the things MXL needed the most was marketing so the player base was high enough to sustain a longer lasting economy.

This is great news.
Vanarchy
Sand Maggot
1155 | 47
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor