Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
jespence
Stone Warrior
30 | 2
If I cast path of flames and later my Unseelee lady gives me burning veil, does the bonus damage immediately take effect or do I recast?
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Knight_Saber wrote:So I've played Median since 08 version (member oldskool Judge Sin? member oldskool thunder slam-snake stance barb?... member Death Metal proc?)
You get the idea.

My question is about how this differs from Laz MXL, I downloaded the mod but haven't yet switched from 2012 MXL (last Laz edition).
As a single player offline type (I use no exploits or hacks, no plugY, no multires, every character is self found), what do I gain from changing mod?

Person above already tried answer to your questions, im just going to add some links for you to read (yep wall of text) where you can check on your own how deep and complex was changes during all those years, including LazMXL, MedianXL:Ultimative and MedianXL2017.

LazMXL/MedianXL:Ultimative versions log: http://docs.median-xl.com/MXLU_vXVI_Doc_v2.96/log.html

MedianXL2017 changelogs, its important for you to read starting from 1.0 because balance reworks and some mechanics droped and many more: https://www.median-xl.com/changelog
Scalewinged
Blood Golem
1301 | 62
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
jespence wrote:If I cast path of flames and later my Unseelee lady gives me burning veil, does the bonus damage immediately take effect or do I recast?

Such "auto-attacking skills" (SoD, Vessels, Path of flames, Beacon, War spirit, Broadside, etc.) working in real time. So you won't need to recast it but your Path of flames will have buffed damage only while burning veil/bloodlust/MotW/etc. is on you. Aswell you must wear item with oskill for it to shooting projectiles (simple ex. Beacon from
Sky Scorcher
will give you passive speed buff, but will lose it's nuclear strikes once you switch it to another weapon)
Ogresta
Imp
4 | 0
Hi!

Are there any meaning of collecting arcane crystals after the point, where I have all the possible normal uniques I need?
Somnus
Joyboy
1339 | 127
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Ogresta wrote:Hi!

Are there any meaning of collecting arcane crystals after the point, where I have all the possible normal uniques I need?

Jewel crafting, would be one of the reasons.
Edit: Another reason is Shrine blessing (shrine + AC + shrined sacred item to add extra bonuses)
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
What does Laek stand for?
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge