Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Monkey King
264 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Moving them would need copy pasting and replacing the old bbcode with new one. If you have time, ask a moderator.
mecheye
Bone Archer
70 | 7
Alright THIS time I got non-skill related questions!

I'm currently playing a holy/light pally focusing on Hammerstrike (Melee tree?) rather than the Dragon tree. This isn't the current meta judging by a lot of the responses here but I'm terrible at juggling active abilities!

I'm currently stacking +Def and +ResistAll on my honor gloves/belt and using an Azarel'd war axe and Catechumen.
I'm doing great so far in Terror but is there something else I should be focusing on if I want to make this build work in Destruction diff?

Thanks!

I'm enjoying the hell out of this mod! Its a lot different/more complex than the hack'n'slash that was Valhalla or Eastern Sun and I like that about it. There just...so much to learn and understand!
Asteroth
Azure Drake
169 | 4
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
mecheye wrote:Alright THIS time I got non-skill related questions!

I'm currently playing a holy/light pally focusing on Hammerstrike (Melee tree?) rather than the Dragon tree. This isn't the current meta judging by a lot of the responses here but I'm terrible at juggling active abilities!

I'm currently stacking +Def and +ResistAll on my honor gloves/belt and using an Azarel'd war axe and Catechumen.
I'm doing great so far in Terror but is there something else I should be focusing on if I want to make this build work in Destruction diff?

Thanks!

I'm enjoying the hell out of this mod! Its a lot different/more complex than the hack'n'slash that was Valhalla or Eastern Sun and I like that about it. There just...so much to learn and understand!

Holy melee isn't so easy to play and i'd recommend something else. Hammerstrike is nice, but retaliate will be your primary skill (1 point is enough) for killing mobs (more aoe). You'll definitely need to use colloseum (smax it). Also use heirodule (sorc morph in pally helm) for the wicked 5 fpa atk speed (one of the highest in the game) with your 1 hand weapon.
smax plague as well.
Naabaanit
Tyrannus Discordus
271 | 27
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Would anyone think that a supernova paladin can work like a cata pally? I mean, same nova, same high damage at close range, but it pierces.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
yes , it would work the same , also if you go unholy SoD will also trigger supernova proc from rings so it will be even nicer . iirc cataclysm gets higher damage dough

edit : thanks for this nice idea , i will also put into practice soon . i checked the docs and seen Hadad rw and Black dwarf amulet with it . are there any other items it may spawn ? crafts ? i know that cataclysm may spawn on boots ... does that also go with supernova ?
Italianpower
Acid Prince
45 | 3
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Little question: What are the procs that can spawn on a Tower Shield? I'm thinking of craftin one for my Drood, and I'd like to have a nice proc, sadly, rnJeesus is good to me only when farming, and not when shrine-crafting :/
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
in the docs at the sections "items with procs/oskills" you may find the info you seek . and why not a gothic shield ?
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Naabaanit wrote:Would anyone think that a supernova paladin can work like a cata pally? I mean, same nova, same high damage at close range, but it pierces.

The problem is supernova costs like 1k mana per cast, so at 4 FPA you would need ~6k mana per second to sustain it.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
cowking wrote:
Naabaanit wrote:Would anyone think that a supernova paladin can work like a cata pally? I mean, same nova, same high damage at close range, but it pierces.

The problem is supernova costs like 1k mana per cast, so at 4 FPA you would need ~6k mana per second to sustain it.
yes , but with tons of energy and mana regeneration it is viable for and mid-late game paladin .

i'm thinking about going for a sorceress that has Symbol of Essu and Mana Sweep at disposal , combo with Hive to trigger extra supernovas from proc rings..maby a hybrid with ice elementals to tank.. . i must do some testing this evening when i return home from work
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Hey people. What skill from all necromancer trees should I use to clear Black Hand Totems and groupies when fighting with Laz with a melee necromancer solo?