1300 | 62
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Nitz wrote:Is there a damage script?

I want a program where I enter the base damage then play around with some numbers/sliders to see how it affects the damage or even a calculator that simply spits out the perfect combination.

+ energy? +bonus % toenergy factor? +energy factor? +spell damage? +elemental damage? - enemy elemental resistance?

ed? ewd? str? ...

You can find everything in docs. Check Concepts, Items list (there listed, what percent of damage weapon got from every point into strenght/dex. And don't forget LFAQ by browser search for keywords.

suchbalance wrote:
Scalewinged wrote:Well, ye. But creating crafted staff needs much more time for find rare War staff, then collect lots of needed shrines and then, finally, roll it till you get needed skills, spell damage and pierce for same element + successful shrine bless. Elverfolk is just cheap alternative.

No I just meant a rare staff - not even crafted. Sure it's gonna take you 30 mins of cube + oil of renewal work to get a godly roll - but you can use that bad boy for ages, probably even throughout the game if you know what you are doing.

Staves are one of the categories of rare items that have an insane stat budget for how easily obtainable they are. Crafts of course are better but exponentially more time consuming since you need to farm for that particular shrine and then get the roll.

If you meant ordinary affixes- then ye. Then It change things.
PS: And any rare have req lvl 66 ftw. More MO space!!! :P
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Scalewinged wrote:You can find everything in docs. Check Concepts, Items list (there listed, what percent of damage weapon got from every point into strenght/dex. And don't forget LFAQ by browser search for keywords.

But that doesn't tell me how to optimize damage, that just gives me the numbers to add into an excel sheet.
Scalewinged
Blood Golem
1300 | 62
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Heh... optimizing damage is on your side. Depends on how you think will be batter. For example there's visual scheme about energy factor affect on energy total points. About wdm, %spell damage- it's all up to you. About spell dmg main base is that -enemy resistances equals or better than %spell dmg. Byt it capped at -100% for regular monsters or up to -199% for heroics, act bosses, some monsters with resistances (but not immunes... if only u can't break immunes by skills like mythal, phase bomb.)
About WDM - you can increase any elemental damage by -%ER gear, But you cannot decrease/pierce with physical or magic element. In that case 100 cold damage on weapon potentially better than 100 phys dmg. But EWD affects only on physical dmg (same for str/dex dmg bonus) WDM onskills multiplies ALL your weapon damage (elemental and physical).
Edited by Scalewinged 8 years.
GTD
Azure Drake
161 | 1
any ideas about wolf druid merc setup ?
Scalewinged
Blood Golem
1300 | 62
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
GTD wrote:any ideas about wolf druid merc setup ?

Didn't played wolf druid much... but depends on his all the time teleport ability it's seems like exemplar maybe useful to insta-retaliate all the swarm around you when you jump on new place. Both zons... Not sure about barb. But i'm pretty sure that caster merc is the worst for him.
GTD
Azure Drake
161 | 1
Scalewinged wrote:
GTD wrote:any ideas about wolf druid merc setup ?

Didn't played wolf druid much... but depends on his all the time teleport ability it's seems like exemplar maybe useful to insta-retaliate all the swarm around you when you jump on new place. Both zons... Not sure about barb. But i'm pretty sure that caster merc is the worst for him.

well im just curious since my kill speed is way enought but would like to work on a merc to make him even more complete xd
noal
Cog
208 | 15
Barb merc is amazing with wolf, as wolf teleports the merc will constantly attack. My barb has 6k4 str and 1k5 average base weapon damage which is like 96k physical damage per atk

Some barb gear option:
Weapon: Durandal the blazing sword, Auhe barb sword, eth Esubane, etc.
Body: Wolverin's skin, Sbs, khazar plate, razor spine, Wolf set body etc.
Helm: Wandelkoning, Boarfrost, SSU full helm etc.
Glove: craft with Stormblast on atk, + str, crushing blow, Ironbound Impact Tome, Blind Angel, Baron's Sludge etc.
Belt: Auhe belt, Wolf druid belt (in combo w wolf druid set body), craft belt w str and disintegrate on atk, Asteroid belt etc.
Boots: TU heavy boots, Clawfeet, dual axe set boots etc
Amulet: Dyer eye if u can afford it, or rare amu w + life and base damage

About barb merc, from my real experience, he + wolf druid is the best b/c as wolf constantly pounces, the merc comes with him attacking constantly(and avoid a lot of attacks/barrels etc). But if you want to keep him for other builds, then you have to stack some %dr on him and have some reanimates. In that case my recommended armor would be Khazar plate or razor spine, TU heavy boots, maybe even ssu full helm and stack some lifeleech on your weapon choice

Edit: add some more details
Edited by noal 8 years.
GTD
Azure Drake
161 | 1
look not bad idea might worth a try ;) ty for ur tips
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Scalewinged wrote:But you cannot decrease/pierce with physical or magic element.

Doom decreases AND pierces magic immunity.

Anyways I really would love such a calculator.
gcfbrian
Invader
8 | 0
suchbalance wrote:
Scalewinged wrote:Well, ye. But creating crafted staff needs much more time for find rare War staff, then collect lots of needed shrines and then, finally, roll it till you get needed skills, spell damage and pierce for same element + successful shrine bless. Elverfolk is just cheap alternative.

No I just meant a rare staff - not even crafted. Sure it's gonna take you 30 mins of cube + oil of renewal work to get a godly roll - but you can use that bad boy for ages, probably even throughout the game if you know what you are doing.

Staves are one of the categories of rare items that have an insane stat budget for how easily obtainable they are. Crafts of course are better but exponentially more time consuming since you need to farm for that particular shrine and then get the roll.

Thank you so much for the pointer, that staff would be an enormous upgrade over my current. Time to spend these millions on renewals :p