Starter Build Discussion for 2.0

Discuss Median XL!
Tombcarver
Invader
9 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Doomsday wrote:I guess i start as Neutral and go for my Sumodin.

Sumodin is my favorite farming build and usually my go-to every ladder. But I'm worried about the patch notes that mention the Scourges.

It reads as follows:

"Minion cap reduced to 5, base Servants are now 2"

Does this literally mean we can only have 5 "Servants of Valor", down from 15?

Anyone know?
Edited by Tombcarver 2 years.
Doomsday
Bone Archer
76 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Tombcarver wrote:

Sumodin is my favorite farming build and usually my go-to every ladder. But I'm worried about the patch notes that mention the Scourges.

It reads as follows:

Does this literally mean we can only have 5 Scourges, down from 15?

Anyone know?

I guess its Max 10

Conclave:
New level 60 passive skill, upgrades Servants of Valor
Adds 5% minion life + 4% per Skill Level and 15% per Base Level
Increases the maximum number of Servants you can summon by 1 per 2 Base Levels
Maximum Base Level is 10
Tombcarver
Invader
9 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Doomsday wrote:
Tombcarver wrote:

It reads as follows:

Does this literally mean we can only have 5 Scourges, down from 15?

Anyone know?

I guess its Max 10

Conclave:
New level 60 passive skill, upgrades Servants of Valor
Adds 5% minion life + 4% per Skill Level and 15% per Base Level
Increases the maximum number of Servants you can summon by 1 per 2 Base Levels
Maximum Base Level is 10

Ok Max 10 I could live with, especially with 33% more life on them. I missed the Conclave skill!
Doomsday
Bone Archer
76 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
But i was playing always as Holy pala with Dragonheart and colosseum, but that means we never had the minion life bonus passive from unholy rigth ? thats now all in one tree which would be huge, even more the "Adds 6% of Total Servant Physical Damage as extra Magic Damage to their attacks per Base Level"
Maximum Base Level is 20
woop
Cultist
21 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Did totemnecro on beta to 135, can highly recommend as a starter!
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Well the biggest issue about Sumodin is that Scourges are only unlocked at level 50. So you have to play a completely different build until then.

But yes, Taking away 1/3rd of the minions in exchange for twice the damage (even more after defeating Baal in Hell) and more life in general on them? I consider this a huge buff tbh. From level 50 onwards it'll be even better in ubers than it used to be. At least against bosses. I'm not so sure about general farming capabilities since less scourges mean less AoE's triggered.

The poison damage may be lacking, but the unholy tree also offers a fire damage passive for the scourges, which scales with your fire spell damage. With Superbeast you'll easily reach okay values and this also offers a more focused gear for sumodins.

All in all, there are really nice changes for Sumodin players. It's just that you'll probably have to go unholy now, so an early Pax Mystica will be indeed necessary for focused damage against bosses until you get Divine Apparition, which you can also use as a source of AoE damage thanks to the upgrade in the unholy tree.
drmster
Skeleton
2 | 0
any thoughts about phalanx zon? did one couple months ago and it was pretty impressive boss killer/trophy farmer. also im open to any build suggestions for getting charms quickly and painless.
vartazs
Prowler
17 | 0
woop wrote:Did totemnecro on beta to 135, can highly recommend as a starter!

Which one you tried, fire-cold or lightning?
woop
Cultist
21 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
vartazs wrote:
woop wrote:Did totemnecro on beta to 135, can highly recommend as a starter!

Which one you tried, fire-cold or lightning?

Tri-elemental, solo cold and solo fire. Probably starting as tri > lightning this time around to see what it can deliver. Fire was to clunky imo, but maybe i lacked the needed gear. Frost was good, but I recommending starting as tri-ele for the sweet LaeK. Did all 125s with ease except atanna khan and spirit of giyua.
Zartok
Rust Claw
86 | 12
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
CorralTheTroops wrote:
Zartok wrote:Anyone got some tips for someone struggling with wrist problems? I'm thinking maybe a summoner would be nice, but not sure if they are "endgame" viable.

-Summoner Barb(stil a thing? no mentions in the patch notes)
-Summoner Paladin
-Summoner Necro
-Totemancer
-Lazydin (need to build up to it tho)

Any other thoughts?

There's a new section called Shaman talking about the changes to summon barb.
Any summoner should be fine, I think Necro summoner is probably the best, but also is as intensive to use as most non summoner skills. Maybe you can try Necro Summoner with Veil King and new Abyss Knights for a passive summoner playstyle.

I see, hmmm.. I am really curious about the sumodin or barb since it does not seem to have too many other things to press (unless u really want to). Also paladin seems to have many fun builds other than the summoner:)