Discuss Median XL!
Newbking
Cow Ninja
1212 | 5
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Semigloss wrote:^ the statement should be more generalized... "any class with significant gear investment should be able to complete all endgame content". Yes some will excel where others struggle, as character diversity relies on varying strengths/weaknesses, but I don't think anything should be unequivocally off-limits to a primary class.

I clapped when I read this.

I was all excited about javazon. Now i think ive wasted my time getting her to 136. She has great gear and still struggles with the legion, AND im unsure she can even survive Scolsgen. Seriously devs.. to hype up that you are making javazon and then have them unable to do endgame content? cmon now.
Jo_Jo
Pit Knight
100 | 4
Did you check with the last fix? Damage is day and night after that. Before the fix, i got easily swarmed in Duncraig, now its a breeze. And i can do the Legion with all the souls up with no problem (paying attention at the fight, of course).
125 Ubers were easy (only one i struggled was Atanna) and the 130 were slightly harder (Uldysian was more tedious than hard), and for The Void had to respec to Physical, cause as Poison wasnt getting it (specially Glutony), and went back to Poison.
Havent gotten to Scolsgen yet, but im confident .
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Jo_Jo wrote:Did you check with the last fix? Damage is day and night after that. Before the fix, i got easily swarmed in Duncraig, now its a breeze. And i can do the Legion with all the souls up with no problem (paying attention at the fight, of course).
125 Ubers were easy (only one i struggled was Atanna) and the 130 were slightly harder (Uldysian was more tedious than hard), and for The Void had to respec to Physical, cause as Poison wasnt getting it (specially Glutony), and went back to Poison.

Last fix was 2.1.5 which seemed to have nothing good for javazons so I'm wondering if you mean this from 2.1.3:

Eviscerate: fixed a bug which caused shrapnel to deal less weapon damage & bonus physical damage than intended

I just saw that and wondered how much "less" it was. From what you say it sounds as though it could be significant.

P.S. I have to wonder about the testing of these releases!!
Honkler
Cog
207 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Captcha wrote:
Jo_Jo wrote:Did you check with the last fix? Damage is day and night after that. Before the fix, i got easily swarmed in Duncraig, now its a breeze. And i can do the Legion with all the souls up with no problem (paying attention at the fight, of course).

Last fix was 2.1.5 which seemed to have nothing good for javazons so I'm wondering if you mean this from 2.1.3:

Eviscerate: fixed a bug which caused shrapnel to deal less weapon damage & bonus physical damage than intended

I just saw that and wondered how much "less" it was. From what you say it sounds as though it could be significant.

Had a friend test it out with Titans last night. Wasn't impressed. That said, I've heard a perfectly "invested" javazon can clear Deimoss so I'm hoping full charms/trophies can afford viability.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Honkler wrote:
Captcha wrote:

Had a friend test it out with Titans last night. Wasn't impressed. That said, I've heard a perfectly "invested" javazon can clear Deimoss so I'm hoping full charms/trophies can afford viability.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like java is still a bit of a struggle. Disappointing since the build was the main focus for this patch.
Caleb
Rust Claw
86 | 3
Your analysis can be done for nearly every non meta build, finaly Ultimative was the golden age of median, the game become a little more borind after each patch, I've tried them all and I stoped them all after some days.
I give up this game.
Honkler
Cog
207 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Caleb wrote:Your analysis can be done for nearly every non meta build, finaly Ultimative was the golden age of median, the game become a little more borind after each patch, I've tried them all and I stoped them all after some days.
I give up this game.

A fair statement. That said, a lot of non-meta builds can at least be A+ tier with hard to get class-specifics (I.e. Nagisin). I’d argue that the majority of Amazon builds will simply not be competitive even with BiS. (With emphasis on hammer/spear).
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I agree removing athena's gift was a bad move. It finally felt like zons were getting some class identity. Not to mention its not like you just got the 25% max block, you had to invest into it, at lvl 142 it took around 5.5k dex to get the full effect. I mean look at sins with their perfect being where they just don't get hit by like 50% of all ele/phys attacks. That beats the hell out of extra block chance.

The divine tree has 3 talents now (lets be honest the only reason ecstatic frenzy works for bow zons is cuz their dmg is so far reaching, try this with anyone else and your go splat).
Gorakil
Sasquatch
61 | 0
Yeah, java was a big disappointment, especially after that false advertisement: Image
Doesnt feel like traditional java, more like clunky reskinned fire sorc.
imngocson
Thunder Beetle
52 | 2
I disappointed with the Javazon too :( . What is the concept of a character with 0 defense, tiny HP pool, 0% avoid, only 50% maximum block chance, must use a MELEE skill like Impale to kill bosses? And still can't put point into mele devotion to reduce damage because of Eviscerate.
So most of the time I just used Eviscerate, kite around bossed, and wait. One of the most boring gameplay with long duration and no skill switching.