Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Maertsy
Rust Claw
88 | 8
This is not madness to me. This is fun. Relic bound to class encourage people to have more creative builds. Magic Missile relic on a barb?? Let's try to have dual
Oris' Herald

Oris' Herald
Scepters

'ArcIgnVenFulGlaGul'
Runeword Level: 100
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
+(2 to 3) to All Skills
+5% Bonus to Spell Focus
15% Attack Speed
35% Cast Speed
+(15 to 20)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(30 to 35) to Magic Missiles
+1000 Defense
25% to Energy
Physical Resist 10%
and see how it'd perform.
Shadra
Invader
8 | 3
As metasequoia said in a different post: "it depends on your definition of FUN" and "it will not be for everyone, AS USUAL."
HeaT_
Rust Claw
86 | 5
metasequoia wrote:
Pisunchic wrote:
suchbalance wrote:
HeaT_ wrote:are the odds of classes for relics evenly distributed? i'm assuming it is, but i'm asking because i've had i think 14 relics drop but none have been for my class (necro). just wondering if this is bad rng, etc.

thanks!

All classes have equal chance.

i think that majority will agree that this is madness. Class relics absolutly useless, what chances of good relic drop, i can assume that its none

i think that majority will agree that this is rng. while getting class restricted, relics also got buffed and some otherwise ridiculously overpowered relics were introduced. this is probably only a one off season to have some fun with relics and rng does not like fun sometimes, true. i find all the poison relics for barbs for example... never play barbs though. too bad.

i don't particularly mind the class restriction, i just found it odd that i've had 14 relics but effectively had 0. where as last season I think i got 2 to drop, which is less than 14 but effectively it was 2. wasn't sure if my rng was that bad or what.

they do seem to be pretty strong for the classes they did drop for which is cool. it's also nice if you play multiple characters in a season. also, we don't know all the information in regards to what is happening in 3.0, this change could be ramping up to 3.0, etc.
korkalon
Pit Knight
112 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Hello all,

Why +%cold spell damage not increase damage of harbringer? ( something change? )
BearBearderBarb
Abomination
153 | 13
Because it's a ranged attack, not a spell.
korkalon
Pit Knight
112 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
BearBearderBarb wrote:Because it's a ranged attack, not a spell.

Ok, but why in every guide with cold wolf, everyone write that need spell cold damage IF it not add any damage?
That why i ask, please explain, thanks.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1237 | 268
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
korkalon wrote:
BearBearderBarb wrote:Because it's a ranged attack, not a spell.

Ok, but why in every guide with cold wolf, everyone write that need spell cold damage IF it not add any damage?
That why i ask, please explain, thanks.

Because of a mistake the guide author made when writing it. Ignore that part.
Ruubel
Daystar
662 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I am playing elemental barb and can confirm that spell damage and spell focus does not add to IED damage, in spite of what tooltip is saying. It is the same issue with IED cold werewolf.
nob4242
Stygian Watcher
42 | 1
IED/weapon elemental damage and spells are not the same. Even if it says lightning it does not say spell. I dont see any tooltip claiming spell damage.
korkalon
Pit Knight
112 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Hello,

"Ignore targets's defense" - how this work exacly? Some enemies can negate this? - if yes, how i will know.

Please help, thanks!