Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
yep

but now iv got another question by checking the docs,

there is an barbarian weapon taha in weapon and it has reanimate as ....
but there no description for it !

and why i cannot use wyrd with bear stance ? whats the point for fortress not working with bear stance also ?

does time strike can do more casting skills from items with mods on striking on them ?

is there an skill that can cast like wyrd and cast skills from items with mod on striking and is allowed to be used with bear stance ?
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2344 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Kahless
used to have Death Projector reanimate, dunno if thats changed or not but you're right, it needs to be looked at in the docs.

Bear stance locks out any and all ranged skills, including WDM ones like wyrd and fortress.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Does the added AoE attack on items (e.g.
Strength Beyond Strength
Strength Beyond Strength
Gothic Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (8339 - 9198) to (10115 - 11157)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 675
Item Level: 120
1% Chance to cast level 36 Pyroblast on Striking
Adds 25-38 Damage
150% Bonus to Attack Rating
+50% Damage to Demons
25% Life stolen per Hit
10% Deadly Strike
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
1% Reanimate as: Random Monster
-5 to Light Radius
Socketed (6)
) carry the flat Elemental damage from items/skills? How about converted damages from skills (e.g. Phys-to-Magic)?
Crash
Madawc
6801 | 329
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Solfege wrote:Does the added AoE attack on items (e.g.
Strength Beyond Strength
Strength Beyond Strength
Gothic Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (8339 - 9198) to (10115 - 11157)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 675
Item Level: 120
1% Chance to cast level 36 Pyroblast on Striking
Adds 25-38 Damage
150% Bonus to Attack Rating
+50% Damage to Demons
25% Life stolen per Hit
10% Deadly Strike
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
1% Reanimate as: Random Monster
-5 to Light Radius
Socketed (6)
) carry the flat Elemental damage from items/skills? How about converted damages from skills (e.g. Phys-to-Magic)?

Docs just say "Area Effect Attack: 100% Chance to Cast on Attack. Deals 100% normal attack damage in a radius of 5 yards."

sounds like 100% WDM? which in that case it would carry ele
Dominos9189
Thunder Beetle
58 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
How exactly do I access the Nephalem's Sacrifice uberquest? I got to the diamond gates, ran to the figure and got the red overlay after waiting for a boss to spawn and killing him (Malthael). Since I'm a trap rat, I couldn't use the portal until I unmorphed. Problem is when I unmorph, the edyrem and dark uldy kill me in seconds due to not having as much defense. Is there a way for me to lure them away to the other side of the map or something?
Ikafati
Vampiress
35 | 0
Trying spamming them with summons, if you have any
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
L H wrote:
Docs just say "Area Effect Attack: 100% Chance to Cast on Attack. Deals 100% normal attack damage in a radius of 5 yards."

You think this also applies to converted damage then?

Dominos9189 wrote:How exactly do I access the Nephalem's Sacrifice uberquest? I got to the diamond gates, ran to the figure and got the red overlay after waiting for a boss to spawn and killing him (Malthael). Since I'm a trap rat, I couldn't use the portal until I unmorphed. Problem is when I unmorph, the edyrem and dark uldy kill me in seconds due to not having as much defense. Is there a way for me to lure them away to the other side of the map or something?

You don't have to kill anything in the Diamond Gates to start Uldy quest. Just touch the figure to get the overlay, then use Dark Portal. Don't remember if Traprats use Acid Fiends, but those would work for luring Dark Edyrem away. Otherwise, just use the Edyrem from your CFM.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Since procs aren't converted, no reason aoe would be.
Dominos9189
Thunder Beetle
58 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Solfege wrote:
L H wrote:

You think this also applies to converted damage then?

Dominos9189 wrote:How exactly do I access the Nephalem's Sacrifice uberquest? I got to the diamond gates, ran to the figure and got the red overlay after waiting for a boss to spawn and killing him (Malthael). Since I'm a trap rat, I couldn't use the portal until I unmorphed. Problem is when I unmorph, the edyrem and dark uldy kill me in seconds due to not having as much defense. Is there a way for me to lure them away to the other side of the map or something?

You don't have to kill anything in the Diamond Gates to start Uldy quest. Just touch the figure to get the overlay, then use Dark Portal. Don't remember if Traprats use Acid Fiends, but those would work for luring Dark Edyrem away. Otherwise, just use the Edyrem from your CFM.

Thanks for the info! I was actually able to unmorph and live long enough for the portal to come off cd and summon the portal. I've been working on the stages for the past hour or so. I'm currently stuck on stage 7...none of my abilities can hit korlic. I managed to kill the other two ancients just fine. What can I use to kill him as a trap rat?

Edit: Nevermind....I was able to damage him by alternating between my summon edyrem and quill storm...for some reason that caused my storm to actually hit him....
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
cowking wrote:Since procs aren't converted, no reason aoe would be.

Then AoE is classified as a proc? So, for example, in the case of a Stormblast Barb wearing SBS, the AoE from SBS would not carry the converted Lightning damage from Stormblast? Just want to make sure I understand how it works.

Dominos9189 wrote:I was able to damage [Uldy Stage 7 Korlic] by alternating between my summon edyrem and quill storm...for some reason that caused my storm to actually hit him....

This is interesting. I also had a lot of trouble with WDM attacks doing no damage to Korlic. Will try the Edyrem thing too and see what happens.