Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
pro_zealot
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
what stats are included in increased overall speed?
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
pro_zealot wrote:what stats are included in increased overall speed?

attack speed, cast rate, block rate, run walk, hit recovery
Hiehvorak
Pit Knight
100 | 6
can sacred item come from gambling?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
mcspunk wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:
mcspunk wrote:Just a question, when going totemnecro. Is it best go full laz or go Laz Chest+Helm+Belt and rest crafted?

I'd say Chest helm and belt only. You get only +8 skills and +150 minion life as a full set bonus + the wand.

However you can get +13 skills and +265 minion life from a crafted marrow staff. + you can get lots of spelldamage, too.

However, if you need -enemy resist, the wand does look sexy. But damage never really was a problem for totemancer. I don't know how much it changed due to the patch though.

So the 1+ on wnad doesnt do mutch?

The wand is probably the more offensive weapon, while a crafted marrow staff is more of a defensive weapon thanks to all that minion life.

It really depends on you. if you think your damage is fine, craft a marrow staff. If you think you need more damage, take the wand.
Stilgaron
Thunder Beetle
51 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hiehvorak wrote:can sacred item come from gambling?

No
Stilgaron
Thunder Beetle
51 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Magic Find affects rune drop? Especially elemental runes
Boonsketti
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
pro_zealot wrote:what stats are included in increased overall speed?

I believe overall speed is move speed, faster block rate, faster hit recovery, cast rate and attack speed. Could use some confirmation on this though.
cerber
Prowler
18 | 0
cerber wrote:Is there an easy guide to patch the Median version in PlugY? I'm too lazy to go through the whole process or try to figure out which files to copy fro the vanilla Median. I would need file names, locations and locations to be copied in. Thanks in advance!

Bump
Clongetty
Skeleton
3 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I have a question regarding the challenge scrolls
" CHALLENGE SCROLLS: new items dropped by key bosses which will describe the challenges in-game, so players don't miss them"

What key bosses drop them? I have yet to find one.
Inspired
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hi, I am a relatively new player, and I cannot seem to find any information on the reanimates MECHANICALLY.
I was wondering if there is information on what determines the strength of reanimates.

Example/essence: you can use orb of of skeleton reanimation at first difficulty and last difficulty.
Question: If you can use the same reanimate at low and high level, does that mean that they would be op at low level and useless at high level? Or is there some sort of scale mechanic? Zone level? Difficulty? Players in the game?
Additionally, do reanimates benefit from minion damage, life and resistances?
Thirdly, are elite reanimates as strong as regular elite monsters, and if so, what level? For instance, Trap Rats are considered the best (I believe) reanimates in the game, but i've seen them in different locations and in some they are stronger than in others.

Please help me figure this out, I am lost. I've only ever played summoners in any of the d2, d3, poe games, but I feel like classic summoner is not the way to go in Median XL, I am having trouble currently with 1000% minion life and 700% minion damage in most ubers and heroics, so I am considering the reanimate route. Currently looking at "The Scourge of Sanctuary (Reanimator)" build.