Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Bitech
Jungle Hunter
27 | 1
Is there any place where I can look at detailed stats/descriptions of each skill in the game? It gets irritating checking the documentation on this website only to be stuck with brief descriptions of skills like "a fierce spinning attack", which doesn't really help. I want to know exactly what an oSkill on an item does and the damage, number of hits, buff effects and duration, that kind of stuff without having to create a character and login into that character just to mouse over the skill to see what it does. This is even more annoying with item-only skills, like how am I supposed to know what a skill does? Are we expected to experiment with the skills ourselves to know what the heck it does?
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Bitech wrote:Is there any place where I can look at detailed stats/descriptions of each skill in the game? It gets irritating checking the documentation on this website only to be stuck with brief descriptions of skills like "a fierce spinning attack", which doesn't really help. I want to know exactly what an oSkill on an item does and the damage, number of hits, buff effects and duration, that kind of stuff without having to create a character and login into that character just to mouse over the skill to see what it does. This is even more annoying with item-only skills, like how am I supposed to know what a skill does? Are we expected to experiment with the skills ourselves to know what the heck it does?

there arent any detailed info that what you wanted for each skill, but if you joined our discord server, we have several moderator and experienced that answer your question immediately.

oskill itself shouldnt be a problem since you can test it out.
only CotW oskill is the one that are giving people problem.

mostly of oskill are from old character skill that was removed because it no longer viable in median, only some of them was made from scratch for as oskill for people that wanted to experiment and help them leveling up.

just ask in discord, most of time people will answer it.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
There's also the skillcalc but it hasn't been updated for damage rework.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Bitech wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:it depends on the build

Can you give me an example?
example : you get to the 3 seconds cap timer of Fortress with 20 hard points . there is no need to invest more into it .
Skeptic_Zero
Abomination
147 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
How much AR is enough for a melee to be able to do every uber?
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
_null_
Invader
8 | 0
Does your merc's '-% to enemy res' stack with your own? How does that work exactly? Same question with MF. Thanks!
Skeptic_Zero
Abomination
147 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
RandomOnions wrote:125k

Pardon me but, how in the hell is a barb supposed to reach that number? Mine is using fairly good gear (all su's or high level RWs), I drop ~200 hard points into dex and I'm barely reaching 25k. I'm also rocking about +500% to AR.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
_null_ wrote:Does your merc's '-% to enemy res' stack with your own? How does that work exactly? Same question with MF. Thanks!

merc enemy -res is seperate from yours, and your -res is seperate from the mercs.
but mf does add together if the merc gets the kill.
however, if you get the kill then you wont get the extra mf bonus from the merc
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Kaido wrote:Question. Is there a practical difference between arrow, javelin and knife throw on striking?
What i mean by that is: if i'm a bowzon or something, do I benefit more from arrow on striking compared to the other two? Or, if I'm a throwsin, do I benefit more from knife throw on striking?

For what it's worth, if you're playing javazon, you'll want javelin on striking since the java passive gives deadly strike to javelins I think