Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Bowazon or Melee Sorc: Which one is more viable at the end-game content?
I'm going to try and tackle one of those builds after my Summon Necromancer.
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
DreamTeam wrote:Bowazon or Melee Sorc: Which one is more viable at the end-game content?
I'm going to try and tackle one of those builds after my Summon Necromancer.

Rule of thumb of any game that has "archer" as class, it's the real endgame kicker. BUT it needs REAL gg gears
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
I enjoyed the Bowazon on the original game but the monster AI was elementary.
In Median XL the monster AI is incredible and they kill like I've never seen before.
I'll probably die 100+ times in my first week playing her. I'm afraid to try but I will.
True story: On my lightning hammer Amazon (sceptor), I died at level 1 in blood moor!
King-DC
Prowler
16 | 0
Helzopro wrote:
King-DC wrote:shrines.

go to k3k on either terror or destruction to farm shrines, unless you can one shot fautz there's no point in going there to farm.

Nitz wrote:
King-DC wrote:Do you know of any alternatives for Shrinefarming that are a little more manageable then Fauzt?

Bremmtown

That place always drops tons of great stuff and many shrines, super fast to clear the only downside is getting there.

All right, I will try those. Thank you very much.
Kylrath
Bone Archer
75 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I would like to ask for a little help concerning my abjurer barb. According to aerials video on youtube if your are familiar with it.
The dmg of my merc is insane. And i can farm all places. (I dont have Khazra plate , nor lamha gloves).
My problems are :
1, My merc do not spamm nukes and novas like in the video. I dont get it why. He got 200 fcr and -127 enemy all resist.
2, The most annying part is that my summons and totem get killed easily and i need to resummon them, expecially in TA. With my buff i have 740% to minion life. Dont know hows a Khazra plate aura works better than a build focus on completaly minion life. (He do not have a single item which give %ml)
Maybe
Lamha Na Draoithe
Lamha Na Draoithe
Gauntlets (Sacred)

Defense: (1339 - 1506) to (1567 - 1763)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 625
Item Level: 120
+2 to All Skills
+150 Spell Focus
30% Cast Speed
+(16 to 20)% to Spell Damage
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
+75 to Strength
-100 to Life
Elemental Resists +15%
Socketed (4)
makes the difference here , but nobody willing to trade it nowadays.
I have 1500 strenght.

Surely i make a mistake somehow.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Kylrath wrote:I would like to ask for a little help concerning my abjurer

Patch note - SUPERNOVA: fixed an issue which caused the Mercenary version of the skill to do too much damage

About A3 Mercs - based on their normal stats they get 8% spell damage for ever 5% bonus to energy on equipment. Up until 35% then it drops down to 1% and soon 0%. With more energy factor or energy on their gear this changes. Try to get that on their gear, perfect topazes are better than crafted jewels in that case.
Kylrath
Bone Archer
75 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Nitz wrote:
Kylrath wrote:I would like to ask for a little help concerning my abjurer

Patch note - SUPERNOVA: fixed an issue which caused the Mercenary version of the skill to do too much damage

About A3 Mercs - based on their normal stats they get 8% spell damage for ever 5% bonus to energy on equipment. Up until 35% then it drops down to 1% and soon 0%. With more energy factor or energy on their gear this changes. Try to get that on their gear, perfect topazes are better than crafted jewels in that case.

Thank you
Do you have any advice on the summons life ?
Dont get it how somebody with 0% minion life , dont lose minions at all. And my summons with 600%+ dies easily
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Do yourself a favor and get the Shapeshift Druid in Act 2.
I find them to be more valuable than the Act 3 merc, IMO.
But of course I don't have all that Godly gear so I'm likely wrong.
fudarfire
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
ok maybe im missing a major part of this but im still not getting anything but the spinning circle in the bottom right corner of the launcher screen. i wiped my old d2 files in the program files and did reinstall to desktop, clean with v1.13c then put it the median launcher in there. i then right clicked the lod icon and made compatable with win sp3 the apply. then i run median launcher as admin. it starts and just keeps spinning, any ideas on what i did wrong?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Yeah change merc to a2 in a build that its core damage dealer was abjurer? :D I don't think so.

As for your question.
1. Supernova was nerfed.
2. If there is no supernova spam that 1-shots / stun locks / kills fast everything around, you and your minions will get hit a lot more.
3. I did use minion life crafts in pretty much all free slots.
4. You should care about using spell damage buffing items (for your barb) only at point where you add elemental band to the mix, or at least hive from klaatu amulet. Otherwise barb can be geared fully with nothing else but minion life crafts.

General tip: if you want to create build from a video or guide, always check what version was it made, because things in this mod get nerfed and they get nerfed fast. Always look for stuff thats up to date.