Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
TheError
Rust Claw
82 | 1
With the rise of the level cap, don't you need even more absurd numbers of Dex to get max block? Idk if charms/items address this, if I miss something or if it's a a bit of a nerf.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
yes , the max block is calculated based on your character level , so you will need more dexterity for max block . even so , there are enough items out there that grant 1% increased max block, so going to max block is not hard at all , even if you get to max level .
TheError
Rust Claw
82 | 1
ChuckNoRis wrote:yes , the max block is calculated based on your character level , so you will need more dexterity for max block . even so , there are enough items out there that grant 1% increased max block, so going to max block is not hard at all , even if you get to max level .

I see. Well, I found Bartuc's Curse (+2% base block chance Sorc Armor, got changed a lot in Sigma) that appears to be made for casters and wondered if a max block caster could be a thing, and it might be, but probably only with (nearly) all the charms and even then you sacrifice a lot of damage from having low Energy (which should be the case since you get more def, still wonder if it would be worth it).
sebneo
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi

I look to make a macro for my build and i would like to know if it is allowed and best way to make it

I want to put on a mouse button the following thing

Button = Shift+left click - delay 0.2s - Right click

Thnaks for your help
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Are skill signets removed or just very rare?
Polando
Fallen
1 | 0
Is there a way to craft Empyrean Band? I used around 40+ crystals (over 20 times receipe) to reroll uni and didnt get even one and i need 2. Am i unlucky or maybe now it's a bug. ( I used to craft it often before Sigma)
SilentSin
Cultist
23 | 3
Can I get some clarification on how Poison Damage works since the Wiki says it's outdated?

I'm a Holy Paladin with Plague giving me about 5k poison damage to weapon over 4.3 seconds.

The character page shows my attack damage around 5.5k.

The wording of the in game text suggests that it will deal a total of 5k damage over that time, but the wiki page suggests that the game text should actually be worded as "5k damage per second over 4.3 seconds". If the wiki is correct, then the character page is showing my weapon damage for a single hit plus only one second worth of the damage, regardless of the actual poison duration. That seems like a reasonable mechanic. 5k dps for a total of 21.5k over the 4.3 seconds.

Now I've got some items that give me poison damage.

My belt gives 300 poison damage over 4 seconds.
  • Using the wiki formula, you add the DPS (5000 + 300 = 5300) and average the duration ((4.3 + 4) / 2 = 4.15).
  • So when I equip the belt, the DPS should go up by 300, duration go down a little, and total damage should still be 21,995 (a tiny bit higher).
  • Since the character page seems to be showing 1 second worth of damage, a DPS increase of 300 should simply increase the value it shows by 300.
  • But no, it actually increases the value shown on my character sheet to ... 11k (double the previous 5.5k).
  • I can't think of any plausible way for it to arrive at that value. Even assuming the character sheet is simply using an incorrect formula, I can't figure out what what formula might be.

To add to the confusion, my Shield also gives 150 poison damage over 2 seconds.
  • Without the belt, that should be 5150 DPS for 3.15 seconds and the character page should simply increase by 150. Nope, it increases to 9.8k.
  • And with the belt it only shows 8.5k (less than either one individually).

So either item on its own increases the displayed value way more than the wiki would suggest while both at once decreases it.

What gives? Were the poison mechanics changed as some point for the wiki to be marked as outdated? Is the character sheet simply wrong?
Edited by SilentSin 5 years.
Buttsplice
Fallen
1 | 0
What's the deal with kurast 3000 ba?
Syade9112
Cultist
20 | 2
Hello,
is there a way to find out how many accounts does exist for an email address and also their names?
I would like to get all my account names sent to my email. Is it even possible? If yes, where should i request it?
ixvid_
Cog
230 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I am lvl 50 and cannot enter The Pit level 2, do I have to kill Baal on normal to start chalange 1?