Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Rysmurph wrote:
Pub wrote:
Rysmurph wrote:Does socketting items with runes raise the item's required level BEYOND that of the actual rune's? What am I missing?

MO'd a unique helm up to a required level of 113 (my current level) and began putting resistance runes (Mal, Gul, etc.) in the sockets. To my dismay, this raised the required level to somewhere in the 120's. I don't see anything about this in the rune descriptions, or anywhere. The helm is now unusable, which saddens me :(

What's happening? I don't have enough gold to keep playing around with oils of disjunction so I figured I'd just ask.

Each rune has a required level. Slap in a 100 req level rune into a socket and the item has the bonus of the rune ontop of a minimum 100 req level.

I see now. For those not in the know: If an item has required lvl 49 and I add 64 lvls via mystic orbs, the new required level is 49 + 64 = 113.
If I add a lvl 51 rune to the item, the new level to wear it is 51 + 64 = 115. So, any rune requiring 49 (the item's base requirement) or less will not change the requirements of the MO'd item.

Lesson: put your runes in your items BEFORE MOing them to the maximum that your current level allows. Oops :(

There you go! Only time you want to MO before the runes is with properties related to enhanced damage and defense. Naturally gear is capped at 200, but if you mo as close as possible to it and oil of luck it, and then put in jah runes, the jah runes help go above that 200.
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
Sacred Armor paladin skill says -40% movement speed. Is that my speed or enemy (target) speed?

I was just trying to decide if I want hoplites or scourges so I was looking at the other skills in those trees and that one was a bit confusing.
Kac_zoR
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hi guys. What will happen when I cube scroll of resistance with Sunstone of the Twin Seas?
Gamdol
Cultist
21 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
On the Backstab Naginata skill it says 'Crushing Blow while cloaked'.

What does 'while cloaked' mean? Is that Shadow Refuge?
dongflexer
Bone Archer
77 | 8
Is
Zohar (Xis)
the only option available to get the Cherubim oskill? Item Affixes says it isn't available as a craft oskill
HohoHaha
Pit Knight
106 | 10
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
TheError wrote:Is Nova Shot (druid projectile bow skill) considered a spell? I think so because my tooltip with Scroll of Kings charm with more attributes and less spell damage was lower. If so that might mean fire spell damage would work too.

Character screen has a history of displaying skill damage wrong, since old vanilla D2 days. It adds spell damage bonuses to attacks by default, even if it doesn't work. In your case, fire spell damage would do nothing for Nova Shot.
sqoshu
Destroyer
7 | 0
1. Do Crushing Blow even work on bosses and superuniques? When I fight enemies that tend to have the healthbar down the screen and I am hitting them, there is never a CB proc, even tho I'm a bow druid and I have a passive chance to deal one.
2. Are "sacred" uniques only obtainable by dropping them? I have T4 EQ at the start of Hell, but I feel like my damage isn't that good. Are there any places at the beginning of Hell (A1, A2?) where I can farm "sacreds"?
3. Are mercenaries bugged? I got one from A5 and he just can't die, even if he facetanks a boss, while I die super quickly. He has obviously more hp than me. If that is the case, why somethimes he tanks everything allright, but other time he just gets randomly one-shoot?
4. How can you dodge Pit Fiends projectiles? I am running around like crazy but I always get hit, sometimes even if I hide behind a wall. Also, how to effectively deal with undodgable bullshit like teleporting red knights in A2 and blue ones in A3 Durances? Is it just stacking HP and mowing them down while kiting?
Edited by sqoshu 5 years.
JSTM
Sasquatch
62 | 3
Is it still possible for your minions to cause Bremmtown bonus to not work?

I heard it used to be possible for your minions to take the buff that limits the time to 2 minutes but I don't know if that's the case anymore.
ajulasilotr
Acid Prince
49 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Since
Fauztin's Visage
Fauztin's Visage
Field Plate (4)

Defense: 268 to 540
Required Level: 11
Required Strength: 32
Item Level: 19
+(11 to 20)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(6 to 10)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+50% Enhanced Defense
+250 Defense vs. Melee
+50 to Life
Poison Length Reduced by (21 to 25)%
Physical Resist 1%
Socketed (2)
Defense: 890 to 1668
Required Level: 37
Required Strength: 63
Item Level: 36
+(21 to 30)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(11 to 15)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+100% Enhanced Defense
+500 Defense vs. Melee
+100 to Life
Poison Length Reduced by (31 to 35)%
Physical Resist 2%
Socketed (4)
Defense: 2232 to 4107
Required Level: 61
Required Strength: 219
Item Level: 59
+(31 to 40)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(16 to 20)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+150% Enhanced Defense
+750 Defense vs. Melee
+175 to Life
Poison Length Reduced by (41 to 45)%
Physical Resist 3%
Socketed (5)
Defense: 3642 to 6678
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 438
Item Level: 85
+(41 to 50)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(21 to 25)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+200% Enhanced Defense
+1000 Defense vs. Melee
+250 to Life
Poison Length Reduced by (46 to 50)%
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (6)
doesnt give Minion Damage/Life (as in the old guide for Summon Barb) and there is not a single Runeword/Unique that gives those stats - what would you guys use until I can craft a decent one (or find a Sacred Unique)?
WatchMeRage
Prowler
16 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Does anyone know if Flamestrike Oskill scales better than Brimstone Oskill??