Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Nheleo
Lava Lord
97 | 12
Scalewinged wrote:
Nheleo wrote:How to cal speed FPA of Superbeast with another class weapons instead of Pal, thanks!

What do you mean?. Currently Superbeast have all weapons available. If you want non-pal class weapon - just check base items and pick any weapon with same speed modifier that you using. For example: barb-only Labrys have WSM 25 (and it's the only weapon with such WSM) pick closest to it - these are Maul (24) and Great Maul (28) So your breakpoints will be abit higher IAS needed than superbeast with Maul or reasonably lower than superbeast with Great Maul.. Then only way is visual testing.

i understood, thank so much bro!
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Nheleo wrote:
Scalewinged wrote:
Nheleo wrote:How to cal speed FPA of Superbeast with another class weapons instead of Pal, thanks!

What do you mean?. Currently Superbeast have all weapons available. If you want non-pal class weapon - just check base items and pick any weapon with same speed modifier that you using. For example: barb-only Labrys have WSM 25 (and it's the only weapon with such WSM) pick closest to it - these are Maul (24) and Great Maul (28) So your breakpoints will be abit higher IAS needed than superbeast with Maul or reasonably lower than superbeast with Great Maul.. Then only way is visual testing.

i understood, thank so much bro!

Btw mistyped abit. Higher WSM mean slower weapon and so require more IAS
giasone
Fallen
1 | 0
Deadly strike work for catapult shot and flameburst shot?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
giasone wrote:Deadly strike work for catapult shot and flameburst shot?

Sure, just like every other WDM skill. But you're probably not building those with a physical damage weapon, so it's unlikely to do anything useful, because deadly strike only multiplies phys damage (before conversion).
HeaT_
Rust Claw
83 | 5
Siosilvar wrote:
giasone wrote:Deadly strike work for catapult shot and flameburst shot?

Sure, just like every other WDM skill. But you're probably not building those with a physical damage weapon, so it's unlikely to do anything useful, because deadly strike only multiplies phys damage (before conversion).

damn, i guess i'm building it wrong then... like REALLY wrong. didn't realize that's how it worked HAHAHA. at least that inefficiency didn't hamper my progression too badly. but technically if you are building those skills with a phys damage weapon then it will help.

question about "target takes additional damage of x", what does this mean, like what type of damage is the target taking, when is this applied, etc.

thanks!
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
HeaT_ wrote:question about "target takes additional damage of x", what does this mean, like what type of damage is the target taking, when is this applied, etc.

Someone wiser might correct this but I think it's pure flat reduce, which means no other than -enemy resist (auras, skills) affects it. There used to be a bug about it applying twice with Doom (assa, amulet proc), I think it's fixed now along with Banish.

Edit: BTW sorry I need to vent:
TTAD reminded me the shit I just don't understand in ARPGs. For example in Grim Dawn, there are two stats: -enemy res % and -enemy res, both work as -% but only latter isn't applicable with other sources and doesn't show it's a fucking %. Median has done neat work getting rid of those but there is still work to be done.
Maertsy
Rust Claw
87 | 8
@HeaT: TTAD is flat phys dmg, separated from your weapon dmg. TTAD will not be multiplied by anything (except for phys pierce which is rare) . The dmg only deals on your melee attack. Means if you have 100 TTAD and hit enemy once with Canage or Divine Judgement, then it gives only 100 flat phys dmg, since all other projectiles are strike not attack. You dont have to care about TTAD, it's useless.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Jampula wrote:
HeaT_ wrote:question about "target takes additional damage of x", what does this mean, like what type of damage is the target taking, when is this applied, etc.

Someone wiser might correct this but I think it's pure flat reduce, which means no other than -enemy resist (auras, skills) affects it. There used to be a bug about it applying twice with Doom (assa, amulet proc), I think it's fixed now along with Banish.

Edit: BTW sorry I need to vent:
TTAD reminded me the shit I just don't understand in ARPGs. For example in Grim Dawn, there are two stats: -enemy res % and -enemy res, both work as -% but only latter isn't applicable with other sources and doesn't show it's a fucking %. Median has done neat work getting rid of those but there is still work to be done.

GD has three resist reduction stats. -X% resist (stacking flat), Y% reduced target's resist (non-stacking %), Z reduced target's resist (non-stacking flat), applied in that order. This same thing applies to every debuff in that game (though most don't have all 3 types, e.g. "target's damage" is only %), it's plenty consistent except for the fact that there's a spare % on the stacking type that's a bit confusing.

examples of each from the devotion tree: Solael's Witchblade, Viper, Rhowan's Crown

Maertsy wrote:@HeaT: TTAD is flat phys dmg, separated from your weapon dmg. TTAD will not be multiplied by anything (except for phys pierce which is rare) . The dmg only deals on your melee attack. Means if you have 100 TTAD and hit enemy once with Canage or Divine Judgement, then it gives only 100 flat phys dmg, since all other projectiles are strike not attack. You dont have to care about TTAD, it's useless.

This was correct until Gavin fixed it a few patches ago.

TTAD is now (again) a second hit added to every weapon damage missile that connects with the target.
sunstrider
Cultist
20 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi all

I wanted to combine the occult effigy "Path of brutality" (found in 2.7) with my ring Giants knuckle, putting both in the cube doesnt work. Any ideas why?
McLovin
Lava Lord
90 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
sunstrider wrote:Hi all

I wanted to combine the occult effigy "Path of brutality" (found in 2.7) with my ring Giants knuckle, putting both in the cube doesnt work. Any ideas why?

The ring needs at least +1all ?, if it has +0 all it doesnt work.