Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
niqqa
Rust Claw
81 | 4
Keywing wrote:I'm back again XD

So, I've struggled getting a direct answer one way or the other
Are the elementals in sewers pure elemental damage as a spell or do they deal weapon damage?
I noticed my defense rating said I had a 7% chance to be hit by storm but the other projectiles hit me every time.

Non WDM missiles (so called spells) hit always, unless you have avoid. Generally you don't need defense in this uber level. They do attack if in melee range but that shouldn't be your main issue in there.
Mountaincreature
Sasquatch
60 | 1
How is trading in SP done? Could someone explain to me how to trade items with others? Is that ok to talk about here? Starting to have a collection of good rare su but cant find the ones Id really like to try out. Thanks
Keywing
Monkey King
254 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
niqqa wrote:

Are the elementals in sewers pure elemental damage as a spell or do they deal weapon damage?
I noticed my defense rating said I had a 7% chance to be hit by storm but the other projectiles hit me every time.

Non WDM missiles (so called spells) hit always, unless you have avoid. Generally you don't need defense in this uber level. They do attack if in melee range but that shouldn't be your main issue in there.

So stacking the ever loving crap out of my resists is a good plan to make it more safe?
Keywing
Monkey King
254 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Mountaincreature wrote:How is trading in SP done? Could someone explain to me how to trade items with others? Is that ok to talk about here? Starting to have a collection of good rare su but cant find the ones Id really like to try out. Thanks

The only real way I know of to trade with people in SP is by...Going to multiplayer.
If you want to use the character stored on your PC you'll have to join or host a TCP/IP game under "Other Multiplayer"
That style of multiplayer uses the files on your PC instead of characters stored on the server.
Asteroth
Azure Drake
169 | 4
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Keywing wrote:
niqqa wrote:

So stacking the ever loving crap out of my resists is a good plan to make it more safe?

Elementals in sewers have 1000 resistance pierce, so no. Don't bother stacking res. R/W and damage (run walk for dodging, damage to kill them faster)
Asteroth
Azure Drake
169 | 4
krex87 wrote:Trying to decide between a blood or storm amazon (looking for something new). I have the sets for both builds plus some other random SUs that should be interesting to play around with.
Can't find any guides on the storm zon, can it be an uber viable build? Mostly looking for a character that can do fauz without too much trouble (going relatively slow on p1 is okay, i just hate dying and corpse recovery) - should i try blood or storm first?

Go Bloodzon. Stoya made a guide in the old forum that showed it off and it was a hell of a fauzt farmer iirc
krex87
Cog
205 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Asteroth wrote:
krex87 wrote:Trying to decide between a blood or storm amazon (looking for something new). I have the sets for both builds plus some other random SUs that should be interesting to play around with.
Can't find any guides on the storm zon, can it be an uber viable build? Mostly looking for a character that can do fauz without too much trouble (going relatively slow on p1 is okay, i just hate dying and corpse recovery) - should i try blood or storm first?

Go Bloodzon. Stoya made a guide in the old forum that showed it off and it was a hell of a fauzt farmer iirc

Thank you for the reply. I also have an interesting bow druid spec i want to try (most of the set/SU items i've got has been from my trap rat druid so i already have 500 sigs on him). I got the SU druid bow, and some good reanimate gear.. would bow druid be way better at fauz or could a ~100sig blood zon be comparable in your opinion? I saw the prior post about poison flash points adding to acid f's life and i didn't think of that before :). Oh and i also just found the SSU ancient armor.. looks sweet and I feel like bow druid can easily get enough str to wear. Thanks.
krex87
Cog
205 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Keywing wrote:
Mountaincreature wrote:How is trading in SP done? Could someone explain to me how to trade items with others? Is that ok to talk about here? Starting to have a collection of good rare su but cant find the ones Id really like to try out. Thanks

The only real way I know of to trade with people in SP is by...Going to multiplayer.
If you want to use the character stored on your PC you'll have to join or host a TCP/IP game under "Other Multiplayer"
That style of multiplayer uses the files on your PC instead of characters stored on the server.

I have the D2SE launcher installed and that's how i play median ult, but i use plugy (i.e. the plugy box is checked). If i uncheck that and hit "start plugin" like i normally would to launch median, can i access the mp server and create characters independent of my SP chars... and no risk of affecting the SP chars? so much time spend on SP chars.. don't want to risk.
Warren1001
Monkey King
259 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Yes, krex. That is precisely how I alternate between SP and MP.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
you create a new character , give it the item from shared stash , save&exit -> upload the new character.d2s on-line , give your link to the person you want to trade . expect a link from that person with the character that has the item you need , download it , put it in diablo saves folder , open game with that character , put the traded item in the shared stash . job done .

nothing illegal into this . you trade an item for an item