Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
Primarch wrote:So I’m trying to hit all my speed breakpoints for my lightning Zon. Anyone know what the hardcaps are or have a link?

First, you need speedcalc app. Second, get d2stat
Then it depends on weapon you choose because many weapon have different innate skill IAS value. Check base item then look at their speed value
Ex 1. grand scepter have innate -20 WSM. So you open speedcalc and put 20 to "skill IAS" column. The table below the column is the remaining amount of IAS you need to reach the breakpoint.
Ex 2. war scepter have innate -10 WSM. Put 10 to skill IAS and blablabla
In short you put inverted value of innate speed to skill IAS column.

FCR, FBR, FHR? Use speedcalc -> choose your weapon type.

What "other item IAS" column stand for? Its the "X% increased attack speed" that explicitly spawn on gear/charms.

Use d2stat to check your current stats. Just remember that d2stat dont calculate your weapon "skill IAS" so dont copy those value blindly to speedcalc.
darkstorm
Core Lord
384 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
will it be possible to play older median version on the sin war whilst sigma is released?
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
darkstorm wrote:will it be possible to play older median version on the sin war whilst sigma is released?

ofc no
swish31
Fallen
1 | 0
Good Day to everyone!

I just started playing D2SE last 2 weeks ago,

I would like to know why the Catalyst of Disenchantment is not working at all for me?

Yes I didn't put the Uniques that comes from farming at Grisw.

I tried various uniques (both Unidentified & Identified)

Somebody can help me? Any requirements (Act,Killing boss, level requirement) before I can use CoD?

Thanks and Best Regards!
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
So, I'm not entirely clear on what 'sacred' means for a magical or rare item. I know that sacred uniques are among the most powerful items in the game, but what does sacred mean for blues and yellows? Is it just an 'item tier 7', or is there something more to it?

Furthermore, I've seen pros talking about pushing your block chance up to 75%, but I can't seem to get past two or three percent. How can I get my blockchance higher?

Vendors in-game appear to only ever sell tier 1 items, with higher tiers only being available through gambling or as loot. Is this intentional?
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
You can treat sacred as the 7th item tier that can only be found as drops.

Max block is a late game thing, you need charms for item stat requirements so you can put all your points into dex and then boost it high with +% dexterity modifiers either from abandoned crafts/jewels/pamethysts and/or item mods. How much dex you need depends on your class (check defense and block under concepts in docs)

You can upgrade vendor items with a cube recipe (check docs).

swish31 wrote:I would like to know why the Catalyst of Disenchantment is not working at all for me?

Doesn't work for gift box items.
Jmadman311
Imp
5 | 0
To clarify, someone a page or two back that on the page for Sacred Uniques, the three for each item type are SU, SSU, and SSSU. But...why? What's the difference? Are the ones in the middle and right columns hands down better than the first column? Do they drop more rarely? Can you only get them to drop in certain areas?
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
cowking wrote:You can treat sacred as the 7th item tier that can only be found as drops.

Ah, thought as much.

Max block is a late game thing, you need charms for item stat requirements so you can put all your points into dex and then boost it high with +% dexterity modifiers either from abandoned crafts/jewels/pamethysts and/or item mods. How much dex you need depends on your class (check defense and block under concepts in docs)

Okay, so it's not something I should worry about in Terror, then.

You can upgrade vendor items with a cube recipe (check docs).

That's... rather beside the point. Arcane Crystals are hard to get, and it seems very odd that vendors don't sell items that drop just outside the town.

Doesn't work for gift box items.

Swish31 specifically said that they weren't using gift box items. Apropos of nothing, does Griswold drop gift boxes in Terror, or just in Hatred?
Malkail
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
K so I made Nasrudin and uptiered it, but the stats did not increase? Is that its best stats or do I need to uptier then change it to a runeword. Tk suggested it for mid range gear, but I find Thunderdome much better. So just wondering if there is a way to make Nasrudin better?
stanbsl
Sasquatch
67 | 1
Malkail wrote:K so I made Nasrudin and uptiered it, but the stats did not increase? Is that its best stats or do I need to uptier then change it to a runeword. Tk suggested it for mid range gear, but I find Thunderdome much better. So just wondering if there is a way to make Nasrudin better?

You can't upgrade a runeword's stats. On 121 you can make the better version:
Nasrudin (Xis)