Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
revolut1oN
Lava Lord
94 | 2
cowking wrote:
revolut1oN wrote:Yo, I'm having problems leveling Assassin from about level ~70 onward. My avoid is just not enough to protect me in A3 Terror and defence is obviously very low. Ideas? Maybe some good sin type that can easily lift me up to the endgame where (as ive heard) assassin starts to shine?

What kind of sin are you playing?

Very common cause of death in A3-A5 is poison, since it can nullify your sustain from LL or LOSIM, or ~instantly drop your hp to 1 due to low health. Put some Perfect Turquoises in your gear. Maybe MO poison length reduction in your jewelry. Having -res or some shit is useless if you're dead. MOing reanimates in honorific boots/gloves w/e can also take some heat off you.

Other than that, don't do stupid things like walk/run towards manglers instead of using blink, or not blinking away when holy shield procs. Make sure your FHR is at least 86.

No no no mate. I'm not newbie at all, obviously I have all res maxed (79) and good stuff including T6 Naginata and Character Orb with ~20% LL. I'm playing pure version nagi, maxed ways, laserblade and PB, 1 point crucify and shadow refuge + backstab and 2.6 sec blink. But still my killspeed seems somewhat low even with about 5-8k dps, not to mention that random elite monster can 2-3 hit KO me (only 1500 hp) My defense is so low (t2 jitans) that im only running and blinking around. Can't afford better armour as 1) it wouldnt change much, no defense skills in sin tree 2) i wouldn't be able to use T6 nagi. So far as sin I prefer to run only as it allows me to better control the battlefield, my defense is too low anyway to make use of it. To conclude - what kills me is mostly physical. Projectiles from Nivas are also super deadly, dunno what kind of damage is that.

edit: actually i didnt think about maxing FHR, will try that.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
revolut1oN wrote:No no no mate. I'm not newbie at all, obviously I have all res maxed (79) and good stuff including T6 Naginata and Character Orb with ~20% LL. I'm playing pure version nagi, maxed ways, laserblade and PB, 1 point crucify and shadow refuge + backstab and 2.6 sec blink. But still my killspeed seems somewhat low even with about 5-8k dps, not to mention that random elite monster can 2-3 hit KO me (only 1500 hp) My defense is so low (t2 jitans) that im only running and blinking around. Can't afford better armour as 1) it wouldnt change much, no defense skills in sin tree 2) i wouldn't be able to use T6 nagi. So far as sin I prefer to run only as it allows me to better control the battlefield, my defense is too low anyway to make use of it. To conclude - what kills me is mostly physical. Projectiles from Nivas are also super deadly, dunno what kind of damage is that.

Sure assassins don't get any def skills, but there is still a huge difference between 0 and ~10k def. Blinking gives you enough mobility, just walk.
Upgrading Jitans wont change much? Gives you more defence, proc, dr, and most importantly damage which helps you put those pesky mobs to hit recovery.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
revolut1oN wrote:No no no mate. I'm not newbie at all, obviously I have all res maxed (79) and good stuff including T6 Naginata and Character Orb with ~20% LL. I'm playing pure version nagi, maxed ways, laserblade and PB, 1 point crucify and shadow refuge + backstab and 2.6 sec blink. But still my killspeed seems somewhat low even with about 5-8k dps, not to mention that random elite monster can 2-3 hit KO me (only 1500 hp) My defense is so low (t2 jitans) that im only running and blinking around. Can't afford better armour as 1) it wouldnt change much, no defense skills in sin tree 2) i wouldn't be able to use T6 nagi. So far as sin I prefer to run only as it allows me to better control the battlefield, my defense is too low anyway to make use of it. To conclude - what kills me is mostly physical. Projectiles from Nivas are also super deadly, dunno what kind of damage is that.

Take all points from wots and put them into shadow refuge (a few points into QoB too). This not only gives you %DR but also velocity, so you can walk instead of run.

You can put -req jewels in T6 splint mail if you're having str problems (low defense stops being meaningful in dest ubers like dunc, where 10k = 0, 50k = a lot). It also adds a lot of elemental damage. Do you have -100 fire res?

When you're lvl 85, you can gamble and roll a rare amu with max +400 life.

Niva bolts are magical or physical.

Probably the easiest way to roll through hatred and terror is full honorific +PDR gear, but it hits a hard wall in dest, so I don't recommend it.
Edited by cowking 8 years.
keitel
Thunder Beetle
53 | 6
I ve found Scales of the Serpent. What would be the best use of this item?
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
It's useful for any melee or ranged build to be honest.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
revolut1oN
Lava Lord
94 | 2
Why does my melee Stormblast/Iceburst/Runemaster Barbarian's damage grows up very much after I equip jewelery with +%spell damage? It shouldn't work at all for WDM based skills.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
revolut1oN wrote:Why does my melee Stormblast/Iceburst/Runemaster Barbarian's damage grows up very much after I equip jewelery with +%spell damage? It shouldn't work at all for WDM based skills.

It'a called LYING Character Sheet for a reason.
That spell dmg counts on direct melee hits only.
Aphex
Cultist
23 | 3
Can Death Projector reanimates bypass heroic shields?
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
No. It deals either Physical or Magical damage. Can't remember exactly.
Aphex
Cultist
23 | 3
Segolia wrote:No. It deals either Physical or Magical damage. Can't remember exactly.

Well, that's a pity

I found a use for it anyway

Edit: Got the trophy via projector kill, new farming meta