Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
I really like those pet wolves the Barbarian has. Somebody told me not to max it, but how many wolves could I potentially get if I invested a lot of points into it just for fun? The pet wolves seem like nice tanks and I like the way they move around so fast. Can I try it out in the early game and then switch my skills later on? Also thanks for the tips. I also want to make a barrage and ecstatic frenzy bowazon even if it's walking that dangerous line. I'm also tempted to make a Javazon build with a shield. Something with high defense and a high percentage of block chance.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
DreamTeam wrote:I really like those pet wolves the Barbarian has. Somebody told me not to max it, but how many wolves could I potentially get if I invested a lot of points into it just for fun? The pet wolves seem like nice tanks and I like the way they move around so fast. Can I try it out in the early game and then switch my skills later on? Also thanks for the tips. I also want to make a barrage and ecstatic frenzy bowazon even if it's walking that dangerous line. I'm also tempted to make a Javazon build with a shield. Something with high defense and a high percentage of block chance.

U can respec and reskill ur char infinite times by using balledona extract pot.
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
DreamTeam wrote:I really like those pet wolves the Barbarian has. Somebody told me not to max it, but how many wolves could I potentially get if I invested a lot of points into it just for fun? The pet wolves seem like nice tanks and I like the way they move around so fast. Can I try it out in the early game and then switch my skills later on? Also thanks for the tips. I also want to make a barrage and ecstatic frenzy bowazon even if it's walking that dangerous line. I'm also tempted to make a Javazon build with a shield. Something with high defense and a high percentage of block chance.

There are better options beside it. I just don't like Stances because i can't auto attack with Left click. To offset the loss, i maxed the other skill.
And btw, i can have like 8 wolves, they soak damages, and they adds thousands of physical damage (you can leech this damage).
The downside is that the damage act like external damage, will not count for skill conversion. Fortunately, i have 600+ pdps axe which help me a lot.

For that bowazon, be sure to stack Uninterrupted Attack to 100% before Terror Act 2 (sewer mob will rekt you if you dont leech, you can't leech if you're not attacking). And use the
Herald of Skartara
Herald of Skartara
Reflex Bow (4)

Two-Hand Damage: (23 - 29) to (37 - 48)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 11
Required Dexterity: 103
Item Level: 29
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
1% Chance to cast level 3 Phalanx on Kill
1% Chance to cast level 6 Celerity on Kill
15% Attack Speed
Adds (11 to 15)-(21 to 30) Damage
+(35 to 57)% Enhanced Damage
10% Magic Find
Socketed (2)
Two-Hand Damage: (63 - 77) to (93 - 108)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 30
Required Dexterity: 150
Item Level: 40
2% Chance to cast level 7 Phalanx on Kill
2% Chance to cast level 10 Celerity on Kill
25% Attack Speed
Adds (25 to 35)-(41 to 50) Damage
+(81 to 103)% Enhanced Damage
20% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
Two-Hand Damage: (124 - 142) to (173 - 204)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 48
Required Dexterity: 290
Item Level: 67
3% Chance to cast level 11 Phalanx on Kill
3% Chance to cast level 14 Celerity on Kill
35% Attack Speed
Adds (36 to 45)-(51 to 70) Damage
+(126 to 149)% Enhanced Damage
30% Magic Find
Socketed (5)
Two-Hand Damage: (168 - 187) to (230 - 263)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 57
Required Dexterity: 570
Item Level: 85
4% Chance to cast level 13 Phalanx on Kill
4% Chance to cast level 20 Celerity on Kill
40% Attack Speed
Adds (51 to 60)-(71 to 90) Damage
+(149 to 171)% Enhanced Damage
40% Magic Find
Socketed (6)
until you find better one
Kylrath
Bone Archer
75 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
madgod wrote:How do i get a MOTW oskill for a weapon switch for my barb.

Get sacred rare Mammen Axe , use any shrine you have and start rolling. (I use shrines i dont really need).
2 MOTWS mammen axe socketed with 3-3 nih rune and your are good to go :)
Hi !
I´m new to this and i wanna do the Blackroad Challenge, but i cant summon King Koth on Mt. Arreat..... Anybody tell me how to do this?
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
CryingDutchman wrote:Hi !
I´m new to this and i wanna do the Blackroad Challenge, but i cant summon King Koth on Mt. Arreat..... Anybody tell me how to do this?

Kill the summoner in the Arcane Sanctuary and cube the book he drops with your class charm to get the dark portal skill. Killing one of the ancients on Mt Arreat will give a red overlay that lasts for 30 seconds. During this time you may use the dark portal skill to open a portal to Koth. This same red overlay will appear when killing other specific enemies in the game and portals can be opened to reach other ubers. Do note that if play a morph build, the dark portal skill won't work unless you unmorph and wait for the cd first. The summoner may drop the book only in destruction, I'm not sure though.
Fumbles wrote:

Kill the summoner in the Arcane Sanctuary and cube the book he drops with your class charm to get the dark portal skill. Killing one of the ancients on Mt Arreat will give a red overlay that lasts for 30 seconds. During this time you may use the dark portal skill to open a portal to Koth. This same red overlay will appear when killing other specific enemies in the game and portals can be opened to reach other ubers. Do note that if play a morph build, the dark portal skill won't work unless you unmorph and wait for the cd first. The summoner may drop the book only in destruction, I'm not sure though.

okayyyy.... i already killed the ancients... will that be a problem?
CryingDutchman wrote:
Fumbles wrote:

okayyyy.... i already killed the ancients... will that be a problem?

Also: the summoner does not drop a book :/ does this need to be done in terror or hatred? did it in terror, no book ( no book in killing him the first time either).
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Just tried (realm) and it drops in destruction.
Fumbles wrote:Just tried (realm) and it drops in destruction.

thanks