Mangler
458 | 51
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
what body-in-town mechanic removes is the need to run in circles for 10 minutes luring mobs away from your body so you can recover it and then die instantly again. This is a good thing. all cheese mentioned in previous posts already existed.
kiki22vu
KOSOVAR
573 | 45
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Auto corpse recovery would only make sense to me if town portals would get removed comepletely. Atm with the new map layouts it need some adjustment cuz there is a long way to travel, but the removal of tps is a thing i would love to see with this new corpse change.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
perhaps an interesting idea would be some circle areas that enable town portals to be cast while everywhere else its locked out.

but i mean even a lack of portals still gives the player infinite lives, its just that without portals you have to walk the distance every time but your progress is still saved. for some ubers it can work but it would still need recover to full from the boss
UncleGrimjerk
Monkey King
268 | 31
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
mxlcurious2 wrote:
Snakieee wrote:
mxlcurious2 wrote:
Revelations wrote:
mxlcurious2 wrote:
UncleGrimjerk wrote:But when you quit and rejoined your tp's went with you.

Which is why you play in a GROUP. ^^

Implying everyone that plays only plays in groups...

If you solo you are a loser... by definition XD jk, no but seriously, this game was meant to be played as a group, because that is what is fun, and that is where more stuff drops.

If the game was meant to be played as a group there wouldnt be single player. Beside I myself tend to play alone or with close friends due to the fact i cant stand most people and hate trying to commuicate through text. Also it inherently puts less stress on the servers from people joining, leaving and rejoining. I support it.

They went through all this trouble to make multiplayer, and servers, and increased loot drops, and you go and play solo ._. It's all about the group up, and fight evil boyo ^-^ No one ever played DND alone.

Median--as designed by Brother Laz (Praised be he of the paisley neckerchief)--was intended to be a single player mod.
Median--after Marco took over (Blessed be the leg day skipping runtkin)--shifted the emphasis toward multiplayer, while trying to keep single player reasonable. Which has to be a balancing act of the first water.

On balance I like the auto recovery. I think that the amount of good it does saving the sanity of lesser players--and relieving server stress (which theoretically should mean fewer crashes)--is worth the price of a little exploitative behavior on the parts of people who will find cheese no matter where it is hid. The only real effect on the community at large is reducing the value of some very difficult to acquire charms. Boo hoo. So the l33t boomsy badasses won't make as much TG this season, I'm cryin' a river over here.
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
kiki22vu wrote:Auto corpse recovery would only make sense to me if town portals would get removed comepletely. Atm with the new map layouts it need some adjustment cuz there is a long way to travel, but the removal of tps is a thing i would love to see with this new corpse change.

The Aftermath Mod has this feature and i liked it, played this Mod few patches in the past, but they having some clever ways also for stop rushing through some specifiec areas, by aura totems that checking the quest stage, or gear checks and an aura that let you speedrun like a spacerocket, but the area before needs to be cleared, because any small hit will instagib you

Aftermath has also a ton of life replenish on life pools and theres far lesser 1 shot scenarios in the game, the mod feels like an long adventure travel and is a complete other playstyle as in MXL

scenario 1) you die by an uber boss > corpse respawn in town > ! if you going to use any tp that alrdy opend, then you loose some of your power by a curse for 1 min, how about that ? and theres still the option to walk back into the area ( exp/gold loosing for death penalty - stops on zero, seems not to be a constant option )

scenario 2) no tp exists in the game anymore ! your char rips, you have to walk back into the area and long ways, this getting boring after few tries, with crap gear, ppl will rage quit, like in old days xD gear check bosses getting frustrating like that very fast, without having the right gear but you want to get the charm done // example run diablo quest in destruction and most ppl dont know how to do it without getting swarmed and spammed to the wall by his blast waves, ppl gettting rage quit, when they have to run 20 times into the river to walk back to the chaos sanctuary xD

fazit, i like the corpse respawn in town and it has some potential fun to it aswell, but it leads also to cheese some bosses, but it always was in there, just in other form, so what ? maybe something like scenario 1 could be an option
suchbalance
Team Member
1758 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Tp removal won't change anything. What happens in those mods without tp when you die to a boss, for example Hell Unleashed? Do you just quit the game and try once more in a new game for a fair fight? No you just take a long jog from town to get back in there.
diabetiq0
Vampiress
38 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I really don't understand why people agaisnt the corpse recovery removal or why they ask for tp removal. If you are new, it helps you to learn quicker than before. If you are an experienced player it saves time when you make a mistake or a misclick. I know that lots of people liked this mod because of hardcore aspects and lots of us learned some things in hard way yet that shouldn't be the cause of not liking QOL things that helps the new players. I remember that at my first triune, i died maybe 50 times trying to recover my corpse.

I didn't do ureh as i cannot find the entrance and if there is a serious change, i might be completely wrong so bear that in mind. My only concern with these changes would be the kingdom of shadow uberquest since this change makes it completely joke. Normally you cannot recover your corpse when you die so you had to run it from beginning, thus making the uberquests difficulty harder. But now every tp is checkpoint and the boss is pretty easy to kill so if that is intended with the entrance puzzle, i respect that since i didn't do it yet. But it seems its a lot easier now.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2978 | 439
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
I like it, very helpfull in hardcore mod.

The way i see it:
Helps for servers because less exits and rejoins - more stability.
Helps for item loss accidents
Helps SP community to avoid making TCP/IP games

About difficulty decrease - it's true in most cases, it does lower it down. You can do a lot of stuff with poison add on and simple rushes to bosses. Pounce, die, repeat. For not experienced players it might take 100 deaths to do duncraig. I think in the chain of deaths and repeats people will learn some tricks rather than ragequit and/or make topics in forum. And maybe some boss heal mechanics can be designed later.
Quash
Stone Warrior
30 | 1
It's amazing and I love it... Always hated corpse running.
mxlcurious2
Prowler
19 | 0
I guess if you think it is too noob of a game mechanic you can play Hardcore, or keep your mouth shut ;)