MXL 1.2 Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
monkey000678
Destroyer
6 | 0
Therferon wrote:I had no issues on MXL v 1.1

Today i updated game to v1.2 using launcher. But after 5 seconds i press play on launcher I get, Unhandled Exception Access Violation (c0000005).

So far i tried:

-Adding compatibility options and run as admin to game.exe diablo2.exe and launcher
-Disabling firewall and antivirus
-Manually reinstalling patch and launcher
-Try running as Direct 2d-3d-3dx glide
-Tried running as windowed and full screen

i also have this problem, i did everything in the fix thread about it, deleted everything and reinstalled, did the dep thing. i didn't have the problem in 17.5 launcher version, but the 17.5.1 update broke it for me. was crashing on start. after the dep thing now it crashes when i hit multiplayer.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
JudasBooth wrote:
Unda wrote:So was bonus dmg type randomised or bug?

From what you're saying, it appears to be some sort of desync between single player and multiplayer modes. All scepters I'm finding have damage synergy with str, instead of dex.

In fact, I just created a realm game and found this

This, therefore confirms that the problem has its roots in the single player version of the game. The realm, for whatever reason, appears to display the right information. 'Tis strange, no?

Looks like damage bonus is random (don't know if intentional or not). Did some testing in SP and TSW, this is what I got:

SP:
Shrine-crafted a random War Scepter and it was rolling with either a STR bonus or a DEX bonus.

TSW:
Used Oils of Renewal to reroll a random Magic Scepter and it too was rolling with either a STR or DEX bonus.
JudasBooth
Imp
4 | 0
Solfege wrote:Looks like damage bonus is random (don't know if intentional or not). Did some testing in SP and TSW, this is what I got:

SP:
Shrine-crafted a random War Scepter and it was rolling with either a STR bonus or a DEX bonus.

TSW:
Used Oils of Renewal to reroll a random Magic Scepter and it too was rolling with either a STR or DEX bonus.

Damage bonuses for scepter type weapons are listed as "Damage Bonus: (X/256 per Dexterity)%" for all tiers and types of scepters in the item tables of the official documentation, so all indications are this is definitely not the intended behavior. In any case, it looks all the more like material for the next patch.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge

May have been mentioned previously but strange names still appearing. I've found one other item like this and it was also an amulet.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Sorc Feedback spells still won't damage Forest Keepers in the Torajan Jungles once they use their buff.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
there are two skills with the id of 1037 (first one is Psicrown), the second one is a mistake and should be 1046
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
If I respec my stormzon and max out asterism, then put points into Thundercrack, my defense does not increase; the synergy bonus is not being applied, at least on paper.

To clarify, the bonus defense stat on asterism DOES go up, but my defence on my character screen stays the same as before putting points into thundercrack.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
The mana cost on Storm Crows is way too high. If left as a 1 pointer, the skill ain't doing much damage due to low knife count. If smaxed so I can reach it's full potential, I get over 100 mana per shot, which is ludicrous.

Even with 20% mana leech, I need to carry mana potions, thing that I never needed to do yet. Something like 33% decrease would make it fine by me.
suchbalance
Team Member
1758 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Zennith wrote:If I respec my stormzon and max out asterism, then put points into Thundercrack, my defense does not increase; the synergy bonus is not being applied, at least on paper.

To clarify, the bonus defense stat on asterism DOES go up, but my defence on my character screen stays the same as before putting points into thundercrack.

It's just a D2 issue. It fixes itself if you rejoin/die/a buff on you expires etc. You can also mitigate it by putting points in thundercrack first.
kissofaries
Daystar
674 | 8
Solar Flare "Ring of Fire" only has 6s duration, but the state for Dragon spells is still 10 duration.