Discuss Median XL!
romanN1
Core Lord
397 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Too much detonators in Realm of Sin. Azmodan has way too much HP. He dies slow even when attacked by a fully geared yaggai barb.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Probably not great discovery but melee necro single target damage is garbage.
Leveling as one, killing diablo in destruction, 400 damage scythe, full str, 7k damage carnage, it took literally 15 minute of smashing diablo to kill it..
Same goes for all easier ubers, that you try while completing destruction. Bosses take forever, and these that you have to kill fast (like jday for exampl) are lietrally impossible.
It feels like playing holy paladin before DJ buff. Great aoe clear, tanky char, no ability to kill bosses.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
You want all the above + the great boss killer ? What about balance then ? Is your AR good enough ? Bosses probably have some avoid too.

And Azmodan is fine, considering the goodness of reward + trophy. Used hit and walk around tactics since those mobs are untargetable and some of atacks i could not tank. Went down rather quick.
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
aerial wrote:Probably not great discovery but melee necro single target damage is garbage.
Leveling as one, killing diablo in destruction, 400 damage scythe, full str, 7k damage carnage, it took literally 15 minute of smashing diablo to kill it..
Same goes for all easier ubers, that you try while completing destruction. Bosses take forever, and these that you have to kill fast (like jday for exampl) are lietrally impossible.
It feels like playing holy paladin before DJ buff. Great aoe clear, tanky char, no ability to kill bosses.

Your post reminded me funny story with one player during 1st mxl 2017 patch, it was the one where umos were ''accidently'' overpowered and one player with his melee nec was paying 40tg for crystal of tears umo, few people started to make jokes about it, others were angry at him and his response was that he wouldn't be strong without em 8-) If I recall correctly from next patch where most umos were nerfed, not many players made melee nec, but maybe you will figure something out.

PS. Truth is after umos been nerfed not many casters either
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
The problem is lack of boss killer skill, not the overall damage. If you double necro damage, hell quadruple it, give him 3000 damage scythe. It is still going to be shit vs bosses. You need skill that has certain mechanics good vs boss, usually hits it crapload of times (while having small aoe so can't be used for aoe clearing).
It isn't just necro problem, many melee classes share it.
Holydin was good example, how giving him a tool to kill bosses, skyrocketed potential of that tree, suddenly you could do everything, and progression felt great (maybe little too easy even).

Anonymous: wrote:You want all the above + the great boss killer ? What about balance then ? Is your AR good enough ? Bosses probably have some avoid too.

And Azmodan is fine, considering the goodness of reward + trophy. Used hit and walk around tactics since those mobs are untargetable and some of atacks i could not tank. Went down rather quick.

Paladin can do it, why necro cant?
Same goes for bunch of casters.
Unless you want balance the game around rerolling classes/trees to complete certain tasks. Like before holydin had to reroll to for example unholy caster to get some charms.
But even then it already isn't balanced, because there are classes that have single build that can do both aoe and single target.
Imo necro would be fine even if his aoe capabilities were nerfed, since it is really good at it. But it really lacks boss damage.
I know you can do dagger with ancients hand craft, but we are talking about leveling when you play normal classic scythe necro and using normal skill tree.

As for my necro, i had points in dex, 500% ar on weapon, used bane all the time to debuff diablo. I could tank him and his adds forever, just killing it took 15min of standing on top of him.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Warmonger

There's 2 items named like that, a TU Barbarian Spatha, and the new item.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Well, i just took Destruction Diablo down with necro using set and kali rw for gloves. Took about 1 mp3 song from my playlist - so about 3-4 mins. 35k AR and 6k-9k damage while buffed. Most of the time it gives a feeling like boss is not taking any damage maybe its avoid or very high damage reduction ?

As for personal feedback - only playing ssassin on tsw. Almost accidently overleveled right before that lvl 90 challenge. Most of my walkthrough was straight forward goal. Had to farm normal Mephisto and NIthlakh for crystals, ended up lvl 63 in normal. Act 2 reached while being lvl 80. This got me worried, ignored most of mobs and ran asap towards act 3. Done challenge at lvl 87.
Used 2 shapeshifter merc and surprise he soloed almost anything for me. With gears t1-2 he does fine even in terror.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
I get c0000005 on exit
probably been reported before, since I saw people mentioning it on discord
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Seems like there's an invisible building or something here, can't go to the right as if theres a wall of some kind in the A3 torajan jungles before UL.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Tremor was cut in half and it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes. Rain of fire also reduced by 20% and barely anyone plays caster. What gives?