MXL 1.3/Temporary Sigma Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
Ruid
Invader
8 | 2
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Grats on getting the game up and running. I really appreciate all of you for all of your dedication and hard work. Great Job!

I am using the launcher through Windows 10 and Glide.
I am Playing a summon Barb. To summon I need to stand still. The shift key doesn't do anything. I re assigned it to no avail. It doesnt work no matter where I put it I can't stand still. (I did test the shift key in chat and it does work)
BUT, the Enter Key does stop my Barb from walking so I can cast/summon. The problem is after summoning you have to hit escape to close the Type function, which then puts all of you key presses into chat. Also sometimes chat mode kicks in and all key presses go into chat and your key presses stop working as game controls. Totally unplayable. If this is a stupid FU on my part please tell me how to rectify this.

Also I play using a left handed mouse, I physically cant use a right handed one. So I use the F1-F9 keys and Insert, Home, Page Up, Delete, End, Page Down, as my main keys for all Characters. The End Key is now used by the Game for assigning keys, so its not available. This Ruins the 3x3 key setup for easy memory for a set of keys. Any way to give the Delete key back to the game would make my life so much easier.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
boozek wrote:Very often entrance to lower/higher levels are not working, you can click but nothing happens.

This has something to do with having a skill on LMB. Using Move Only on LMB makes them work.
garth_hendy
Stone Warrior
33 | 0
I was playing just fine last night, closed the game, opened just fine.

Today though it won't launch from the launcher: https://imgur.com/x3eaAGh I installed in to a clean D2 folder and installed from the launcher only, no work arounds or anything.

Turns out I had to restart my PC for some service changes I had to do anyway, and the game works. I guess you get this error randomly and have to restart until it works.
blankname
Prowler
16 | 3
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place or if it's been reported already. The attached amulet appears to have a missing +13% All Resist affix. My cold/light/poison res goes up by that amount and fire goes up by 32 (19 on item + 13). I remember this kind of thing happening with old MXL versions when a new one was released, maybe it's happened again.

This is in Sigma 1.0.0
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
hi

ppl getting random disconnections, atleast around all 5 minutes, they drop from there games

if this not has been written here alrdy, just in case !

best regards to fix this, hopefully as soon as possible :!:
GoDLloyD
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Not sure if this belongs here, since this is Sigma related, but Sigma has no bugs/feedback/suggestions thread yet.
I'd like to suggest an option to revert the mouse behavior when opening tabs to how it used to be, since I open tabs to check my stats/skills pretty often during combat to do my statting/skilling "on the fly" and I find it highly confusing the way it is now, since the Character always changes the direction, since the cursor is in a different relative position and I also often happen to put points into stats or skills I don't want, because the game counts it as a click when I'm holding down the mouse button and then open up a tab, before releasing it.

Best Regards
GoDLloyD
YummyTaters
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
LaughingMan wrote:
blood-doll wrote:I can't assign alt to a hotkey. It used to be "show items" but then i accidentally took it off and can't reassign it. This is game breaking since I can't possibly get used to it being anything else -_-

edit: is there a way to restore default hotkeys? i tried deleting some files without success

Had the same issue can someone here please at least write us what is the default number value in the preferences.json file?

I just wanted to report that I have experienced this as well.
alexhsg
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
feedback: it plays fluid lik ever. i like the new easy start. its a while but i remember it was way harder before. the concept now works better because its allways better when a game starts easy and gets harder in a softer line than like a eve online. even for returning players like me its better this way. easy cheesy start. so for new players its just perfect. good choice to get new ppl in this mod
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
YummyTaters wrote:
LaughingMan wrote:
blood-doll wrote:I can't assign alt to a hotkey. It used to be "show items" but then i accidentally took it off and can't reassign it. This is game breaking since I can't possibly get used to it being anything else -_-

edit: is there a way to restore default hotkeys? i tried deleting some files without success

Had the same issue can someone here please at least write us what is the default number value in the preferences.json file?

I just wanted to report that I have experienced this as well.

just use hotkeys in the qwert / asdf line much easier with some practise
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
The enemies that protect LAM Esen (dunno if unique mob or not) are simply insane, even on NM difficulty already. They cast that shit cold spell mephisto used to cast. Except it casts it like it's a minigun. 1 hit = 2 k life gone. Possibility to stunlock you, and 1 cast per attack. Not fun at all considering that shit covers more than half the screen.

Also: I didn't notice it at all since I played a totemancer, but that sprint mechanic is probably the worst thing ever implemented in any video game ever.
What it's probably meant to achieve: Inserting an "O-SHIT!" button for every character to get out of dire situations easily.
What it actually achieves: Frustration. Plain old simply frustration. Because in regular gameplay, you want to run all the time anyway. But what it does is reminding us every time you use it that this was not supposed to be in the game. That you remember how you easily ran through the first few acts in MXL 2017, or even Diablo 2 cLoD. But a 5 second sprint is just plain ridiculous.

I don't know if I remember correctly, but I think one of the devs mentioned that you wanted to rework the walk/run mechanic because reaching the end of the stamina is limiting the character in a way that's not desirable. So WHY in the seaven seas do you implement something that limits the player even further?! It doesn't make any sense at all.

And what's worse is the fact that it's even more punishing once you die somewhere in the world. Not only do you have to wait 5 seconds (I don't mind that change at all, since it helps reminding the player to let the poison attacks do their work) but when you go back it just seems like an eternity, and when you press ctrl down you are constantly teased by the game in a fashion such as: "Hey, see how fast you could move? But I'm not letting you, so fuck you!"

And let's not talk about how annoying it is for any ranged char or glasscannon. Let's also not talk about how fast Heretics still are, even so much that you're unable to run away nor approach them.

So yeah... aside from totemancer, which isn't affected by that new sprint mechanic, and only suffers from a small activation radius of the totems, I probably won't play any other build this patch. I think I need to take a break from Median after this. So yeah, cya in a couple of months.