So about that K3K

Discuss Median XL!
User avatar
Bagboy_Brown
Grubber
314 | -22
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Update:

So, I managed to farm everything in Teganze. Cost a lot of gold and a lot of time, but hey, I'm gonna find some cool stuff here, right? Nope. You're hard pressed to get so much as a health pot to drop, let alone any gear. I found this Cemetary though with "Symbol of Time" in it, but of course I can't do anything with that because I don't have ... whatever it was asking me to use.

Summary: Teganze is a noob trap.
Mirtazapin
Rust Claw
82 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
The easiest and in my opinion most efficient farming place is nihlathak.
An average run with decent amount of magic find will give you:
2 sigs
1-5 tiered uniques
0-3 sacred uniques
0-3 set items
On realm i did about 100 sigs an hour with cubing random su and sets to sigs. On singleplayer the player x command enhances this place by far. Depending on your build i demand to clear the whole nihlathak area. The time/drop ratio is by far better than farming teganze, dunc, k3k, ta or fauzt.
Second best place is ta. Well with endgame equip and the right build this can change, but as soon farming any place is hard it makes it slow and not really regarding. The higher drop ratio does not equilize the time you need for it. At the end the time/drop ratio is the only thing that counts. Do any farming place for maybe 2 hours, count the drops (sigs, su, tu, sets, great runes), calculate the average drop per hour and see what is the best place for your char/build to farm.
User avatar
Bagboy_Brown
Grubber
314 | -22
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Mirtazapin wrote:The easiest and in my opinion most efficient farming place is nihlathak.
An average run with decent amount of magic find will give you:
2 sigs
1-5 tiered uniques
0-3 sacred uniques
0-3 set items
On realm i did about 100 sigs an hour with cubing random su and sets to sigs. On singleplayer the player x command enhances this place by far. Depending on your build i demand to clear the whole nihlathak area. The time/drop ratio is by far better than farming teganze, dunc, k3k, ta or fauzt.
Second best place is ta. Well with endgame equip and the right build this can change, but as soon farming any place is hard it makes it slow and not really regarding. The higher drop ratio does not equilize the time you need for it. At the end the time/drop ratio is the only thing that counts. Do any farming place for maybe 2 hours, count the drops (sigs, su, tu, sets, great runes), calculate the average drop per hour and see what is the best place for your char/build to farm.

Niihlathak is pretty easy for me so I guess I'll farm that more tomorrow. Gotta get to work though, have a good night, folks! :D
Battery
Thunder Beetle
57 | 1
Try to farm easier area with more MF.

The right balance of clear speed, MF will leads to more drops.
User avatar
GreyRook
Pit Knight
106 | 1
Hm. I've found farming Nihlathak to be very difficult due to the massive number of elite monsters thronging his level. Maybe it's just me, but I found K3K to be both easier and more rewarding. Unlike the Cow Level, which is hard and gives out next to nothing for rewards.

Bagboy_brown wrote:Symbol of Time

The Symbol of Time requires you to have beaten the Judgement Day uberquest, which gives you the ability to summon minions who can dispel the invulnerability of both the Symbol and the enemies in Toraja.
User avatar
Bagboy_Brown
Grubber
314 | -22
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
GreyRook wrote:Hm. I've found farming Nihlathak to be very difficult due to the massive number of elite monsters thronging his level. Maybe it's just me, but I found K3K to be both easier and more rewarding. Unlike the Cow Level, which is hard and gives out next to nothing for rewards.

Bagboy_brown wrote:Symbol of Time

The Symbol of Time requires you to have beaten the Judgement Day uberquest, which gives you the ability to summon minions who can dispel the invulnerability of both the Symbol and the enemies in Toraja.

Yea, Nihilthak isn't bad for me. There's a couple things in there like Storm Shaman and something else that hit really hard, but honestly it's a pretty easy farm for me. K3K is a pain as trap rat cuz you can't focus the totem unless u tank all the immunes while u jerk out some eggs and try to run away before u die and if u didn't place enough u gotta get back in there and place some more and it's just a fucking shit show. Definitely not what I would call efficient.
User avatar
SarahAustin
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Revelations wrote:>Sees someone complaining about troll mobs in Median
>Realizes he's talking about K3K

Definitely do not do anything past K3K if that is enough for you to make a rage post.


True, sounds like a sad whiner who doesnt get it that Median XL isnt some easy mode mod.
User avatar
GreyRook
Pit Knight
106 | 1
Bagboy_Brown wrote:Yea, Nihilthak isn't bad for me. There's a couple things in there like Storm Shaman and something else that hit really hard, but honestly it's a pretty easy farm for me. K3K is a pain as trap rat cuz you can't focus the totem unless u tank all the immunes while u jerk out some eggs and try to run away before u die and if u didn't place enough u gotta get back in there and place some more and it's just a fucking shit show. Definitely not what I would call efficient.

Yeah, it would depend on your character and build. I've never played a Druid, so I don't know how they play.
User avatar
Bagboy_Brown
Grubber
314 | -22
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
GreyRook wrote:
Bagboy_Brown wrote:Yea, Nihilthak isn't bad for me. There's a couple things in there like Storm Shaman and something else that hit really hard, but honestly it's a pretty easy farm for me. K3K is a pain as trap rat cuz you can't focus the totem unless u tank all the immunes while u jerk out some eggs and try to run away before u die and if u didn't place enough u gotta get back in there and place some more and it's just a fucking shit show. Definitely not what I would call efficient.

Yeah, it would depend on your character and build. I've never played a Druid, so I don't know how they play.

Well, I had a barb, a sin & a druid and the only viable class was the druid. Even then, quill rat struggles horribly with 90% of the ubers and destro baal. So if we're counting viable classes, i'm 0 for 3. Guess I'll make a paladin in Sigma.
User avatar
Bagboy_Brown
Grubber
314 | -22
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
SarahAustin wrote:
Revelations wrote:>Sees someone complaining about troll mobs in Median
>Realizes he's talking about K3K

Definitely do not do anything past K3K if that is enough for you to make a rage post.


True, sounds like a sad whiner who doesnt get it that Median XL isnt some easy mode mod.

Sounds like someone who only plays that hack job SP trash.