but why did you remove the automatic run?

Discuss Median XL!
Hisoka
Skeleton
2 | 0
<3 thanks for the reply. I am confused: In the trailer it looks like there is no running, only reeeeeeeaaaallly fast awkward walking!
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
You can activate run (or sprint, that's how they call it) for a brief period of time and this action requires from you to hold the sprint button as well (the same way like you're holding an alt key to show items lying on the ground). This "feature" was supposed to add a new depth into the game and to address useless walk/run mechanic of d2. For me it looks like a fix that nobody asked for, but that's my opinion.

If you need a bit more details regarding this innovation, you can scroll down to a Movement Speed section there.
Jammy
Mangler
480 | 126
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Jesus, so much whinging.. :drama:
JonAC
Prowler
18 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
This discussion seems silly. If you need to move faster during early leveling just use Oil of Renewal on boots til you get 40% move speed
Its really that easy and boom you move fast again. The only times you should be running is between packs of mobs, which the stamina bar lasts long enough for.
La_minore
Rust Claw
85 | 4
JonAC wrote:This discussion seems silly. If you need to move faster during early leveling just use Oil of Renewal on boots til you get 40% move speed
Its really that easy and boom you move fast again. The only times you should be running is between packs of mobs, which the stamina bar lasts long enough for.

What about navigating Caldeum then? Sure it does not annoy you to run all the way from the bottom of the map to the top corner for Quov Tsin/Ureh. But it annoys others.

If they ever bring automatic run with larger stamina pool back, please don't even run, except between mobs.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I feel like that sprint feature was a hidden buff to caster chars. Because both melee and ranged wdm build don‘t regenerate stamina when firing missiles/ attacking. But casting is different and while you cast you do regenerate stamina which makes casters a little bit more mobile.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jammy wrote:whinging
Almighty1337
Sasquatch
66 | 0
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
we wouldn't even be talking about it if Teleport didn't have a nasty 3 seconds cooldown
wc_reiniger
Thunder Beetle
50 | 1
just play druid and use coldhunger :D
i enjoy playing with windforce + 50% movespeed windrunner.
also some adraenalin rushes are pretty good to boost your frw.

i like faster running, so i decided to go this way, you should do the same.
just select the chars/items for what you like.

but i know, complaining is easier :D
JonAC
Prowler
18 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I like the fact that running super fast is locked behind progression (Aquiring Adren rush, Windrunner) . You shouldn't be a fast paced crackhead at level 1. Seeing your character start coming together around the level 90-100 mark and improving in speed/damage/tankiness is quite rewarding. I'm a fan of the change as it makes content slightly more punishing which is always a welcome challenge.