352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Hey,

so i was thinking to myself. Since xis rune requires level 120, and level cap is 150(soft cap is 140 still), you dont need ethereal items now right?

Since you can mo normal items but you cannot mo eth items.

eth items gives %50 implicit ed and %35 max ed on top.

While normal items gives %55 ed with oil of luck. And you can mo it as well. So if you use 2 ed mo's than it becomes %85 ed. Which is same value for a perfect eth item with perfect base and max sockets.

So my point is there is no usage of eth items now? I mean sure leveling is grindy but you can achieve a perfect eth item ed value with a normal item now if you are level 128 or above.

Am i missing something here? Doesnt this makes eth items useless?
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Glamdring26 wrote:Hey,

so i was thinking to myself. Since xis rune requires level 120, and level cap is 150(soft cap is 140 still), you dont need ethereal items now right?

Since you can mo normal items but you cannot mo eth items.

eth items gives %50 implicit ed and %35 max ed on top.

While normal items gives %55 ed with oil of luck. And you can mo it as well. So if you use 2 ed mo's than it becomes %85 ed. Which is same value for a perfect eth item with perfect base and max sockets.

So my point is there is no usage of eth items now? I mean sure leveling is grindy but you can achieve a perfect eth item ed value with a normal item now if you are level 128 or above.

Am i missing something here? Doesnt this makes eth items useless?

Moot point. Not only does that implicit ED carry far more weight than ED mo’s but nearly every Xis runeword already has the maximum ED allowed. Unless I’m mistaken, you can’t exceed 200% ED with MO’s. Or does that not count with runewords?
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
You can mo base items before making them rw's so it exceeds 200 limit.

But i did some calculations about elxis(rebel) and talxis(shark) runewords. I used ancient armor for armor and hand of god for weapon.

Normal, oiled, %55ed + 5 ed mo = 130% ed hand of god with shark runeword gives 483 damage
Eth, %0ed hand of god with shark runeword gives 519,75

So even a %0ed base is better with weapons.

For armors:

Normal, perfectly rolled, oiled, %55ed + 5ed mo = 130% ed ancient armor with rebel runeword gives 16.376 armor
Eth, %0ed Ancient armor with rebel runeword gives 17.622 armor

So evena %0ed base is better with armors.

There is less difference with the mo's but eth items are still better.