Minion survivability

Discuss Median XL!
Ananochi
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Hi guys,

I'm playing the standard Neutraldin, just like everybody else. I'm lvl 110 sitting in A4 looking at Diablo / Chaos Sanctuary.

I have max'ed both Vessels, Summons and buff skills. My problem is that, more or less, all my minions get 1-shot by the bosses, e.g. Maghda. Obviously I have put in a lot of effort to maximize minion survivability through gear, but that does not seem to change a thing. Right now I have +100% life and +60% res on minions through gear.

How do you pure summoners fare? And further, succeeding in keeping your beloved pets alive? :?:

Ty in advance.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
if you do not have points in the holy/unholy tree it is hard to have strong minions without honorific items / crafts , as they get boosted by hard points into those trees . since you are already above level 100 , you can easy farm and equip crafts that boost your minions (Magical shrines for more minion life and resistances / Tainted Shrines for minion damage and attack rating)

you may also equip gear (weapons) that boost the minion damage via paladin spells sinergies . example : if you equip the TU Grim Fang short sword , then your minions attacks will also inflict poison damage from Plague .

there are 4 ways to play a neutraldin : caster (you choose spells oskills for dealing damage from behind your reanimates and merc) , lazy (you boost the most damage you can get for the vessles and wait for them to kill stuff) , melee (again , you chose some melee oskills for dealing damage and boosting your defense - example : earthquake + Bear Stance) , summoner - the path you have chosen

back in 2010 i had miniguides for 3 of the 4 options above , during the updates that came along over the years , i have resumed to just 2 of them (caster and lazy) up until mxl 2017 which i am curently updating to Sigma , but most probably i will do a miniguide for the other 2 neutraldion options too .

i'm also taking into consideration creating a full guide to include those 4 types above . we'll see
Edited by ChuckNoRis 5 years.
MY4SG4
Thunder Beetle
50 | 6
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Try Craft Jewels aswell before RW
Jewel + Rune + Oil of Craft + Arcane Crystal/Shards →
Rune + Arcane Shards (-1) + Crafted Jewel with added bonuses/

Ist: +(4 to 6)% Bonus to Summoned Minion Life
Vith: +(2 to 4)% Bonus to Summoned Minion Resistances
rustycz
Prowler
15 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
i have summ barb and want to know if i need to increase their AR, seems like they often do not hit the monster but i want to know exact number, is it possible to calculate it? i tried to put 6x thur rune in my gear but i cant tell the difference (even the difference is 300% :mrgreen: )

by your experience, is necesary to have extra minion AR?
Ananochi
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Thanks for all the answers guys. Guess I have to farm for a lot of shrines!