Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
your comments on oskills description made ma laugh , cry and facepalm at the same time .

make accurate skill descriptions , if you insist to do that . not subjective ones. . you clearly don't know a lot about them and your comments are missleading . resume at saying what they do , what damage modifier / mana required / .

comments like "not really sure what the point of this skill is" while there are enough builds that are overpowered using them , are just out of place if you want to make a public list of oskills . personal impressions about oskills you don't know , are not to be put there imo . (the wyrd description was the most fun to read)

you should really do more work on descriptions and provide exact information about what those oskills do . not providing exact info , makes your list not better then the incomplete info/description everyone can see in the docs . (i can help you here if you wish)
nealn
Abomination
141 | 14
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
chuck, you need to learn a little respect. your comment here is really not constructive--it's just plain insulting.

if you got a problem with the descriptions i've written then either make your own list or take it up with an admin.

if u're honestly trying to be constructive, but just too stupid to know how to do so without being insulting, then here's what you can do: actually link to the "many overpowered" build guides that showcase the use of the oskills and give me a short explanation on how it works.

as for "accurate" skill descriptions, the gifs, and screens of the ingame skill description cover that for the most part. as for technical info (such as exactly how many strikes per sec does tantrum do), i don't have access to that info, nor does it seem necessary. if you know and want to field me such info, by all means post a reply in this thread.

again, making this list is a lot of effort. my effort, in particular. I might point out that that an admin, rishab, and the laz's successor, marco has seen the list and neither seems to have the problems with "accuracy" that you do. in fact, there are a bunch of other ppl who have seen this list. it has over 500 views and you are the only one who seems to have a problem with "accuracy."

I have to wonder if your problem isn't with something else?

again, unless ur gonna be constructive, your help is not welcome here.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
nealn wrote: then here's what you can do: actually link to the "many overpowered" build guides that showcase the use of the oskills

Incoming: "you can find a guide in my miniguides compilation"
nealn
Abomination
141 | 14
Great Popularity Badge
he better tell me which build, in particular, it is and explain why it's so OP. if he can't provide a convincing explanation, i don't give a shit
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
nealn wrote:chuck, if a skill needs that much extra skill pts just to do even reasonable dmg, let alone high dmg, that's the very definition of inefficent
you put hard points into the regullar skills in order to get higher damage , don't you ? you use a 10 -pointer tempest in late game or a smaxed one ? you want more damage , you get more points into the skill . you can't do great with a few points into the skill . it's that obvious

[blue]let's pwn the game with 1-pointer spells .hello Flamestrike[/blue]

what a fuckin idiot

it seams you're to damn stupid to waste my time explaining you the obvious . no worries , i will ignore whatever else you'll write .

why did i bother to write that wall of text for this moron and explain him what those oskills do ?

[blue]no worries , he'll make a fine list with them :[/blue]
nealn wrote: Cherub strike .. not really sure about why to use it..
Ohman not really sure what the point of this skill is
Wyrd is sorta like pounce in a way, i guess
can't wait to see more of those . he seams to know a lot about oskills . not
Edited by ChuckNoRis 7 years.
nealn
Abomination
141 | 14
Great Popularity Badge
chuck, did you even look at any of the pics of the in-game descriptions? with hawk talons, for instance, why should i rewrite that it converts physical to magic dmg, when you can read that for yourself in the screenshot of the ingame description? are you assuming that players reading this are illiterate or blind?

don't waste your time updating your response. i won't be adding any of the descriptions you posted. it's either info that is already there, or just plain wrong and misleading.

for instance:

same as for Apocalypse , it needs multiple sources and lots of points into it in order to be efficient .

chuck, if a skill needs that much extra skill pts just to do even reasonable dmg, let alone high dmg, that's the very definition of inefficent.

another example:

@Wyrd : the skill is often used by (melee) builds to deal heavy damage from a safe distance .

if you want to attack from a safe distance, why are you playing a melee build? just play ranged or caster.

in fact, i think the only useful piece of info you managed to provide was that atmg strikes 12 times/sec.

as for ohman, why is the necro with
Tzeentch

Tzeentch
Necromancer Scythes

'TahaTahaQor'
Runeword Level: 100
4% Chance to cast level 27 Punisher Barrage on Kill
20% Chance to cast level 40 Punisher Bolt on Striking
Adds 63-125 Damage
(17 to 21)% Mana stolen per Hit
-(10 to 15)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(126 to 154)% Enhanced Damage
5% Deadly Strike
Hit Causes Monster to Flee +5%
not hit IAS breakpoint and spamming parasite, instead? if he is still dying to weapon swap, why not use voodoo shot? both are homing (which means the actual number of strikes per sec is likely to be the same or even higher on average when lack of spammability due to mana cost is also factored in), both have better wdm multipliers, neither has high mana cost problem, and can be spammed faster than ohman. even with high mana regeneration, it still costs 9000 mana to cast. ur not gonna be spamming ohman.

i'm not that new to the game, chuck. i know what on striking procs are....i'm not even sure you bothered to read my comments. i mention on striking procs throughout the comments.

question still remains, though: how is this OP compared to multihitting skills native to each chars skill tree? is it really even decent, let alone OP, relative to those skills? i doubt it.

if it were that powerful, wouldn't i see it all over the forums? in old forums i remember a lot of mention of rathma's chosen + veil king (back when it was poison immune) to cheese ubers. obviously OP. mentioned often because of how OP it is.

no one else seems to talk about ohman. i think you might be the only one that thinks it's OP. and if you're the only one, it's very likely that it's not.

imo, u are misleading others on how powerful oskills actually are. i think u are confusing powerful for interesting. many of those builds are interesting because they use wildly different skills not seen in skill trees. but again, interesting and powerful are 2 different things.

again, don't waste any more of your time or mine--i won't be including any of your advice in my list--so i'd prefer it if u refrain from posting in my thread at all.
Chrysamere
Pit Knight
100 | 0
I can give free
Demacian Justice
if you need for "spin to win"
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thanks for doing this nice to see gifs of the skills will definitely be an asset to the forum.

Gl! If you need items for testing maybe make a list and people can help you out.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
ChuckNoRis wrote:can't wait to see more of those . he seams to know a lot about oskills . not

You know the game so well, you created tons of miniguides using oskills that were forgotten or unused, nice job doing this. I was pretty sure it would be you who would create such thread, considering the fact how long you're playing Median and how many classes/builds you tried. You, being a SP player with all charms and gear would've tested once again and easily described all popular oskills in the mod and, thereafter, probably earned many greetings from newbies who want to explore MXL.

What do we have now? A player who does not know much about the oskills, but doing his best to list, sort and describe the skill list which is rather hard to gather all in one without some tricks/deep knowledge. I admire his work and the OP looks very cool even with all those remarks and mistakes.

On the other hand, we have you, who is acting like a complete jerk, insulting the guy who is definetly less experienced than you with almost no reason to do so. If I didn't know you have been writing retarded feedback to newbies since the old Laz forumer, I would have thought that you just lack of patience. So stfu and get what you deserve.
nealn
Abomination
141 | 14
Great Popularity Badge
Chrysamere wrote:I can give free
Demacian Justice
if you need for "spin to win"

i'm only playing sp atm, so i think we'd have to arrange some kinda private tcp/ip game or something. if u know how, and would still be willing, i'd appreciate getting one long enough to make a gif and take a screenshot. i'd give it back after, if u want.

If you need items for testing maybe make a list and people can help you out.

that's a good idea, shnurr. i'll add that later.

even with all those remarks and mistakes

what mistakes? can you point these out and give me correct info?