I like this mod.... but

Discuss Median XL!
WolfOfOdin
Skeleton
2 | 0
It's too easy. Not even half way through act 1 and I already feel like a god as a Necromancer. I can spam my abilities, without losing mana. Everything melts before me. I can't get behind that, I like a challenge. I don't like a lot of the conveniences like map reveal, but I can look past those because there are a lot of good changes. However, I can't push forward because when I am not challenged I get easily bored, especially with a game I have had for 20 years.

So please tell me... does it get difficult at all? I really don't want to find out for myself because I don't want to invest time when the mod is boring me.
darkstorm
Core Lord
384 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
WolfOfOdin wrote:It's too easy. Not even half way through act 1 and I already feel like a god as a Necromancer. I can spam my abilities, without losing mana. Everything melts before me. I can't get behind that, I like a challenge. I don't like a lot of the conveniences like map reveal, but I can look past those because there are a lot of good changes. However, I can't push forward because when I am not challenged I get easily bored, especially with a game I have had for 20 years.

So please tell me... does it get difficult at all? I really don't want to find out for myself because I don't want to invest time when the mod is boring me.

The main purpose in MXL is to prepair to and deal with uberquests. They can be hard( however, they used to) .
I suggest u to try MXL v.1f9b to compare it with the current one - you can realise after if the feeling is focused on modern balance or mereley the mod it too easy 4 u.

what type of necro r u playing?
lordnecro
Sasquatch
62 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
get to level 105+ in singleplayer/hardcore then go nephalem in hell like sunless sea... it gets hard
Grimdude
Skeleton
3 | 0
Maybe play a bit further than Act 1? Because yeah it definitely gets more difficult than Act 1 Normal mode.
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Normal is the tutorial
Nightmare is where it starts
Hell ubers is where it gets hard.
If you want a challenge, you came to the right place. You're gonna spend a few months or more if you want to beat all content.
SirJean
Rust Claw
89 | 0
WolfOfOdin wrote:It's too easy. Not even half way through act 1 and I already feel like a god as a Necromancer. I can spam my abilities, without losing mana. Everything melts before me. I can't get behind that, I like a challenge. I don't like a lot of the conveniences like map reveal, but I can look past those because there are a lot of good changes. However, I can't push forward because when I am not challenged I get easily bored, especially with a game I have had for 20 years.

This is a nice mod if you want to have something harder than LOD just play longer you will see.
Not to be rude or anything but you only played half of act 1 and you wonder if it's a hard mod?
Try atleast to finish Normal difficulty before wondering if it's the right mod for you. Even if I say to you that Late Game is very enjoyable and hard if you don't even reach 10% of the game there is nothing we can discuss about!
Icegod101
Djinn
534 | 17
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
play farther than that and I can guarantee you'll be ripping your hair out around Late Terror/Hell at least once or twice
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Map reveal is optional. Don't like it? Don't use it ;) Also the game will get harder and harder as you progress, especially when reaching a new difficulty level, you should notice a considerable increase to the difficulty.
floowsnaake
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
For me it's the opposite it's to hard xD
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
I'm real excited for the day you try duncraig.