Whats your Scorc build/experience

Discuss Median XL!
Kaltherion
Dark Huntress
11 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Grasshopper wrote:
Kaltherion wrote:I did a Mana Psn/Light sorc.

Immersion destroys bosses. Arcane torrent is really good at clearing everything in front of you. My sorc is only level 115 (I'm an altaholic and made a diff build) but it had absolutely no issues with any of the ubers up to that point. Was very solid and at some point I look very much forward to taking the mana sorc beyond where I have it now.

Interesting that you found it good, but Immersion is based on lost mana so it seems a tough build to play? If I understand correctly, that means having a large mana bulb and keeping it as empty as possible (while Arcane Torrent would mean doing the opposite)?

With Antimass having a longer cd in sigma I thought that would be harder to do now? Can I ask how many points you put in Immersion / Arcane Torrent(and what in Poison/Light skills?).

Sure. My build is by no means perfect and mine is probably far from optimal.

I max immersion, 1 point in arcane torrent, 13 in mana sweep (remove cooldown), as much as I can into familiar, and 1 point in antimass.

Poison I put 5 points in vengeful 1 point in everything else in poison to get hive.

Lightning is 1 point in everything but warp armor I put roughly 23 points into

I left blade spirits at 1 point for a long time now I have about 5 (basically put leftovers in here)

Rewards are all 1 point into symbol, force blast. And chrono

I try to keep mana full during arcane torrent and if I need single target I'll antimass then immersion

My ele choice is probably not the best. Being able to have vit and dex all go into energy just sounded really good to me. And so far it has done fairly well. No idea how itll go when I hit higher ubers though
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I'm testing a sorc 'to destruction'.

Background: I started off to be a cold sorc but I couldn't decide how to build so I just let the points accumulate.

I played around with the stats buttons to see if there was a way to subtract - and ended up putting all my points in Dex :cry:

I was tempted to delete the character but I thought, let's just see how far I can get without doing anything else with stat or skill points.

Current status: Nightmare Act 2:
Level: 74
STR: 64 DEX:115 VIT:20 ENE: 47 UNUSED 250
Skills: 1 point in each skill in cold tree. 1 point in Immersion and 5 in Familiar. UNUSED: 68
Life: 2817 Mana: 1441

Gear: Utter crap.
I found a Lunarsong (2) near end of Normal. I made belt and boots honorifics but only MOd them with 30% elemental resist, more than I need. Lately I made Kali gloves and Lumen Arcana armour.
I MOd rings with 25% mana regen, but I still have to glug potions a lot.

Most of the time I was in whites or blues with no mods, some rares with few useful mods.

Skills used: Mainly Frigid Sphere and Shatter the Flesh when I have a few corpses and can spare the mana. I rarely use Abyss, it's mana-heavy and doesn't seem to do much damage.

I'm really surprised how easy this has been.

I'm not yet sure how to take it forward though (if at all) since Frigid Sphere looks like it doesn't scale up well with more points and at some point I would need to decide on the best 2nd (and maybe 3rd) skill trees. Arcane (mana sorc skills) is a possibility but I fnd the play style a bit hard work in termsof working out how much mana you got before deciding which skills work at the moment.
Edited by Grasshopper 5 years.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Grasshopper wrote:I'm testing a sorc 'to destruction'.

Background: I started off to be a cold sorc but I couldn't decide how to build so I just let the points accumulate.

I played around with the stats buttons to see if there was a way to subtract - and ended up putting all my points in Dex :cry:

I was tempted to delete the character but I thought, let's just see how far I can get without doing anything else with stat or skill points.

Current status: Nightmare Act 2:
Level: 74
STR: 64 DEX:115 VIT:20 ENE: 47 UNUSED 250
Skills: 1 point in each skill in cold tree. 1 point in Immersion and 5 in Familiar. UNUSED: 68
Life: 2817 Mana: 1441

Gear: Utter crap.
I found a Lunarsong (2) near end of Normal. I made belt and boots honorifics but only MOd them with 30% elemental resist, more than I need. Lately I made Kali gloves and Lumen Arcana armour.
I MOd rings with 25% mana regen, but I still have to glug potions a lot.

Most of the time I was in whites or blues with no mods, some rares with few useful mods.

Skills used: Mainly Frigid Sphere and Shatter the Flesh when I have a few corpses and can spare the mana. I rarely use Abyss, it's mana-heavy and doesn't seem to do much damage.

I'm really surprised how easy this has been.

definitely invest some pts into energy.
not only does it increase mana, but it also boosts spell damage by diminishing returns, which means the effects gets weaker with higher and higher energy, but while you have nothing invested there it increases damage a bit
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
void wrote:definitely invest some pts into energy.
not only does it increase mana, but it also boosts spell damage by diminishing returns, which means the effects gets weaker with higher and higher energy, but while you have nothing invested there it increases damage a bit

Yes absolutely - I'm still just seeing how far I can get before it becomes unplayable though. It's still playing well at level 74 although I have to stay on my toes watching the bulbs since life is low as well as mana.

I just thought it was a useful update on the state of the Sorc in this patch, whcih is kinda the point of the thread :D

If anyone has views on Frigid Sphere being viable I'd be interested to hear as well.

EDIT: You're probably right that I may as well put some in energy now - no point in being a masochist for the sake of it!