How to beat Quov Tsin as Melee

Discuss Median XL!
BTracer
Banned
99 | 3
HechtHeftig wrote:
Bagboy_Brown wrote:
Crosby4HyG wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:Get 90 max resists (easily achievable with Azmodan's heart, Iceshell, Wheel of Fortune, Topspin and lots of Perfect Ambers and Bloodstones (ignore poison resist for that uber)) and get flat damage reduction. You can get 90 from amulet and rings alone. 150 would be better, but not necessary

Thx for the tip, my phys resist is maxed but I'll get 90 of everything aside from poison and see what I can do.

Hint: it won't be much. I had 90% res and got face melted

Hint: Bagboy talks shit again.

As you can see in the video below, QT heals me, and it all it took was the elemental absorb from wheel of fortune, 90 all resist except poison and 135 flat damage reduction.

Funny you did't show gear - but really that's beside the point. How did you get 90 all res? Not enough sockets to get that much, have all the charms up to 125 - so how do you get 90%
masochista
Core Lord
395 | 28
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Then in a goddamn respec to wolf druid to maximize sword usage, or go ele druid and dump everything into whatever spell you seem suitable for you. There are million ways you can utilize your char with such gear and still you prefer to just negate everything casue you want to stay in specific build all the time. That's what median is about - using all your character, not build, powers to go through content
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
masochista wrote:Then in a goddamn respec to wolf druid to maximize sword usage, or go ele druid and dump everything into whatever spell you seem suitable for you. There are million ways you can utilize your char with such gear and still you prefer to just negate everything casue you want to stay in specific build all the time. That's what median is about - using all your character, not build, powers to go through content

If I wanted to play something else I'd have rolled something else. Not sure what you dont understand.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
BTracer wrote:Funny you did't show gear - but really that's beside the point. How did you get 90 all res? Not enough sockets to get that much, have all the charms up to 125 - so how do you get 90%

It's all explained in my guide, but it's not much so here you go:

Iceshell grants +10 max cold resist
Wheel of Fortune, Azmodan's heart and Topspin add +2% max resist to all resists.

So you have: 81 fire, light and poison resist and 90 max cold resist.

1 Perfect amber adds 1 lightning max resist, same goes for Bloodstones and fire.
So all you need is 9 Ambers and 9 Bloodstones, put them in sockets and you have 90 max resist for fire light and cold. You can ignore poison.
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
HechtHeftig wrote:
BTracer wrote:Funny you did't show gear - but really that's beside the point. How did you get 90 all res? Not enough sockets to get that much, have all the charms up to 125 - so how do you get 90%

Wheel of Fortune, Azmodan's heart and Topspin add +2% max resist to all resists.

1 Perfect amber adds 1 lightning max resist, same goes for Bloodstones and fire.
So all you need is 9 Ambers and 9 Bloodstones, put them in sockets and you have 90 max resist for fire light and cold. You can ignore poison.

No I understand. I'll just have to find make some trash boots to MO some DR onto.
stanbsl
Sasquatch
67 | 1
Anonymous: wrote:Trap rat is melee ?

:lol:
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
stanbsl wrote:
Anonymous: wrote:Trap rat is melee ?

:lol:

That's irrelevant. The same general requirements would have to be met by all classes. But if you wanna be technical, sure. You need to be a lot closer than a ranged character.
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
HechtHeftig wrote:

Before I waste a bunch of MO space, you're sure his Fire / Ice / Lightning beam also fires Physical Dmg? Doesn't seem right.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Yes. It's been like that for months.
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
HechtHeftig wrote:Yes. It's been like that for months.

Just wondering. That's ridiculous.