How to beat Quov Tsin as Melee

Discuss Median XL!
Ethario
Rust Claw
82 | 4
Why does flat DR work vs Quov Tsin, I thought that only helped vs physical hits ?

Also does it matter how much overcapped resist you have ? or does pierce immediatly use 90% res (if thats your max).
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Imperius wrote:Ive got a similar problem, i have 90 all res and 90 flat dr from rings and amulet but then my damage becomes not enough to kill him, it would take around 3 hours to kill him like that, i think its too much time to waste on a single uber.
I am using a lvl 121 poison druid with plague avatar and acid fiends maxed.
All my gear have +psn spell damage from mo's and -enemy psn spell res.
It have around 5k-8k damage with the specific gear and 26-32 using the normal gear.
Any hints for me, i really need that charm for my acid fiends.

Just to make sure you dont use Acid fiends when you face quov tsin. He will heal after killing you / your minions

Ethario wrote:Why does flat DR work vs Quov Tsin, I thought that only helped vs physical hits ?

Also does it matter how much overcapped resist you have ? or does pierce immediatly use 90% res (if thats your max).

Cause his beam is dealing also phys dmg.
No need to overcap your res. Just get them to 87% + fire light and cold
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
peilis wrote:
Imperius wrote:Ive got a similar problem, i have 90 all res and 90 flat dr from rings and amulet but then my damage becomes not enough to kill him, it would take around 3 hours to kill him like that, i think its too much time to waste on a single uber.
I am using a lvl 121 poison druid with plague avatar and acid fiends maxed.
All my gear have +psn spell damage from mo's and -enemy psn spell res.
It have around 5k-8k damage with the specific gear and 26-32 using the normal gear.
Any hints for me, i really need that charm for my acid fiends.

30k with main gear using poison skill feels pretty bad. I think your gear is not good. When you have this kind of issue it would be nice to know what gear you are using so we can actually give better and more precise feedback.

There's no way, everything is maxed out to poison and using all charms till 120 and 80% of the 120 ones, i think i am only missing this one and the triune one from the 120's.
My gear is everything you can get from psn some tus and some blessed.
I think poison was nerfed in this patch coz i remember having around 100k poison in the past.
But using iceshell, the cristal sword, the shield and the flat res rings and amulet the damage decrease to around 6k because i need to change my staff which is my biggest source of psn damage.
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
In the old days, we have some numbers of the pierce of the mobs... If I remember, for tank Tal Rasha you need at least 200% to all resist (pierce -200)... For Quov Tsin, I don't remember the exact number.... it was -300 or -500%... So, even if your screen shows 90% to all resist, but you only 200% to all resist, then you will be one shoted.

You need the 500% and 80% to max resist
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 328
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
MUS01 wrote:In the old days, we have some numbers of the pierce of the mobs... If I remember, for tank Tal Rasha you need at least 200% to all resist (pierce -200)... For Quov Tsin, I don't remember the exact number.... it was -300 or -500%... So, even if your screen shows 90% to all resist, but you only 200% to all resist, then you will be one shoted.

this isn't the old days anymore.
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Ubers are about damage but also strategy. If you spend too much time avoiding his attacks you can't spam yours efficiently.
Personnally for QT I like to run from one portal to another and place attacks along the way. When you reach the other side the beam ends so you can go back. You can also teleport half way... Hope this helps
OverSky
Pit Knight
101 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
MUS01 wrote:In the old days, we have some numbers of the pierce of the mobs... If I remember, for tank Tal Rasha you need at least 200% to all resist (pierce -200)... For Quov Tsin, I don't remember the exact number.... it was -300 or -500%... So, even if your screen shows 90% to all resist, but you only 200% to all resist, then you will be one shoted.

Why did you necro a 1 year old thread just to diss out false information man...
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
OverSky wrote:

Why did you necro a 1 year old thread just to diss out false information man...

Cause I'm playing in Ultimative 1.3 and I was thinking the quest wasn't changed. You know, some quest still remain the same: Assur in the old times he uses -400% fire resist. And in 1.3, for tanking his spells, he still seems get the same pierce...So I was thinking: hey, maybe the same thing with Quov Tsin... But, I've read after another answer in this trhead that even in 1.3 the quest was changed and I 've done it using Aerial's guide... I only don't read the changelog, I was playing using my (old) knowledge from previous versions... Now, I know that I mUst read some info...
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
Crash wrote:

Yeah... Many quest are very diferent from ultimative 1.0 to ultimative 1.3... Sorry for the missinfo..
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
MUS01 wrote:
Crash wrote:

Yeah... Many quest are very diferent from ultimative 1.0 to ultimative 1.3... Sorry for the missinfo..

No such thing as Ultimative 1.3.