Raising Resistance Cap

Discuss Median XL!
theidleone
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Hey folks,

I've got a level 122 barb with 77 all res, and I'm getting owned in Teganze. I've got over 1 million def and 11k life. I've seen some people out there with 80+ all res. Is that what it takes? What else am I missing?
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Absorbs would do you well such as Flame Medallion (last season teganze muppets were healing me rather than damaging me which was kind of annoying as bloodzon). Kill speed and LAEK could be another way to survive. Various other ways of getting dmg reduction could also work and more life is always welcomed. You can do teganze with 0 res if you want to. All you need is to kill them faster than they kill you so my solution in situations like that is: get more dmg :D
theidleone
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
demonshalo wrote:Absorbs would do you well such as Flame Medallion (last season teganze muppets were healing me rather than damaging me which was kind of annoying as bloodzon). Kill speed and LAEK could be another way to survive. Various other ways of getting dmg reduction could also work and more life is always welcomed. You can do teganze with 0 res if you want to. All you need is to kill them faster than they kill you so my solution in situations like that is: get more dmg :D

Hmmm.. I've got the Flame Medallion and I kill mobs in seconds (Iron Spiral does 9k, Sotrmblast does 5k), but every one of those orbs takes out a big chunk of my life. I've got 400 LAEK and 40 LOT, and my experience with Life Leach is that it's been nerfed a bit. Life on Attack is also hard to come by unless I bless my wep.
Soulfighter
Destroyer
6 | 1
You also get hit by phys and magic projectiles in teganza so getting slightly more max elemental res won't help much. The key is to just kill them very quickly, have a good movement speed and preferably not be melee. If you are melee then getting some summons will probably help. You'll still die every now and then anyway because of the trash servers or an unusual big pack in a tight corridor.

And life steal works very well, you can face tank p8 fautz as an xbox nec with it for example.
Edited by Soulfighter 5 years.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
Easy items to raise res cap:
+Azmodan charm +2 all
+Witch hunter helm +2 all
+Laz's Armor set +5 all
+Perfect gem + 1 each
+Tier4 Unique Round shield +2 all
malderun
Prowler
17 | 3
It's balanced arround 80 all res, but the magic and phys orbs will still own you.
In my 800 mf gear I farm it easy and it's 80 all res but 40 magic res and 50 phys but vesseldin is easy to farm it with just having to play doge ball. your dmg is plenty for single player to 3 player game. In my earlier gearing when I didn't have a huge life pool to be lazy with getting into a rythem doging and doing dps.

A good movement pattern along with your teleport over the giant intial ball toss when engaging new mobs you should be owning it in no time.
Wigmapool182
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
i agree the game is annoying i have 450% all resi and any elemental hitting me after lvl 115 rifts nearly 2/3 hit me if not1 hit.

Its the most annoying thing i have found bout sigma just dying constantly.

Even some of the bosses i dont get on 120 rifts, they 1 shot me and i got decent gear on my pala.
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
That place is very easy if you have summons since they take all damage for you, i can clean the level kinda fast with poison/summoner Druid, except for the poison resistent.
TheError
Rust Claw
82 | 1
Screen of Viz-Jaq'Taar
Screen of Viz-Jaq'Taar
Quilted Armor (Sacred)

Defense: (11132 - 11789) to (12317 - 12993)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 500
Item Level: 105
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(5000 to 6000) Defense
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (6)
is godly there for characters that don't have summons. It makes ball dodging much less of a hazzle.