PVP

Discuss Median XL!
OlDirty
Prowler
19 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Mainframe wrote:For the vast majority of players who tried PvP in D2LOD the game was an unbalanced shit show. For some, that chaotic mess was fun. For most, probably not. However, for the few well-geared players who created a GM dueling community with rules on itemization (limited absorb/max resist and HP regeneration), the game was surprisingly well-balanced. The huge pvp damage penalty (1/6th damage) went a long way to making this possible but the community adding caps on resist/absorb so that casters could be viable was huge as well. TBS, I would love to see pvp added, even if it was a complete shit show, just so that i could throw down against my friends.

This. I guess no one was ever invited to the good dueling private games? With all the hacked items and dupes public PVP was stupid but at least it was interesting to see what you could make work. How I miss my WW/Kicksin... But to be able to hostile and throw down will be pretty sick!
kingkoopa300
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
whist wrote:PVP will come back in a future patch, with a better integration.

So PVP will comeback? are the devs revamping? IDC about balance but make a duel portal to send players to a goldeneye knock off level lol. Honestly i just learned we can't PVP i'm a new player first ladder. I'm only a little sad because i tried to duel and learned it was gone... "you don't know what you got till is gone" lol. Anyways It's doesn't really bother me much but if you dev bring it back I hope you revamp the hell out of it.
HeroicDose
Lava Lord
94 | 1
whist wrote:PVP will come back in a future patch, with a better integration.

is this still on the table? it would be great to have even the simplest pvp
Cwhits
Skeleton
2 | 0
Omg I am new to median xl and I have not down loaded the game yet. Heard good things. I just wanted to make sure the game had pvp before I did because I am a nut for dueling in Diablo 2. Whist, that is a great idea with the dueling platform. It would be a good place to test pvp before integrating PvP fully into the main game. I always loved the freedom to hostile a player and they're only safe zone was town lol good times. If I can make a suggestion when it comes to balancing effects in the pvp part of it. Maybe instead of nurfing charas to make them equal just make the one chara skill dps w/e that's lacking slightly stronger to match they're opponents for balance. Example: if a certain player wears max absorb, create a runeword or item for the sorcerer that can penetrate the absorb, partial anti-sorb. this way we can still get optimal gaming and effects the game offers and nothing feels throttled down. Also as the games man you won't have to change much but just the one chara dps skills item etc. Then once this is all balanced please do integrated into the main game and u will have made us all very happy. Whoever came up with this median xl was a pure genius! Thanks so much u guys! Keep up the great work! But yes I love the pvp platform in D2 and I Believe this can be a better version of that plat form. I'm downloading the game now. That's my 2 cents on pvp
Cwhits
Skeleton
2 | 0
whist wrote:
Manu300000 wrote:This wont be fun at all. You can stack res and absorb vs casters, so they will heal you. And every magic damage build like bloodzon will dominate every game :-X

One of the motivations to bring back PVP in it's own separated game mode is that we can design rules specifically for PVP. Maximum resists and absorption for example could be reduced in PVP if we wanted to. Some skills not suited for PVP can be disabled, some item mods can be altered, etc.

Omg I am new to median xl and I have not down loaded the game yet. Heard good things. I just wanted to make sure the game had pvp before I did because I am a nut for dueling in Diablo 2. Whist, that is a great idea with the dueling platform. It would be a good place to test pvp before integrating PvP fully into the main game. I always loved the freedom to hostile a player and they're only safe zone was town lol good times. If I can make a suggestion when it comes to balancing effects in the pvp part of it. Maybe instead of nurfing charas to make them equal just make the one chara skill dps w/e that's lacking slightly stronger to match they're opponents for balance. Example: if a certain player wears max absorb, create a runeword or item for the sorcerer that can penetrate the absorb, partial anti-sorb. this way we can still get optimal gaming and effects the game offers and nothing feels throttled down. Also as the games man you won't have to change much but just the one chara dps skills item etc. Then once this is all balanced please do integrated into the main game and u will have made us all very happy. Whoever came up with this median xl was a pure genius! Thanks so much u guys! Keep up the great work! But yes I love the pvp platform in D2 and I Believe this can be a better version of that plat form. I'm downloading the game now. That's my 2 cents on pvp
naso4ki
Dark Huntress
10 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Still no PVP. Only PVE.
GamerReaper
Skeleton
2 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Too laggy for pvp
But the option would be nice as dueling is the main reason why d2 was so popular(fact)
Temptaz
Gravedigger
197 | 2
I brought this up way back and got shit on by all the fan boys as most ideas do here.
InvokeList
Thunder Beetle
54 | 15
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
whist wrote:One of the motivations to bring back PVP in it's own separated game mode is that we can design rules specifically for PVP. Maximum resists and absorption for example could be reduced in PVP if we wanted to. Some skills not suited for PVP can be disabled, some item mods can be altered, etc.

I hope Kills & Death counts will be separated in the PVE scoreboard on tsw.vn.cz NotArmory
Bayah
Cultist
22 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Hello,

One idea would be if possible, if there was a type of PVP set where the holder of this set could duel between other players with the same set. A set that eliminates all unbalance points.