Changes to early game customization

Discuss Median XL!
Schafusmatus
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
After having started to play again after a long time, I stumbled upon a few changes that made early game customization much less enjoyable.

Prices of MOs

I read the changelog and understand the thought behind making them more expensive. But I think this had a very bad side effect, as low level characters are not able to use MOs effectively now without investing much time into gold farming.
I know many will say that MOs are not needed in the early game for most builds and thats true, but the possibility to customize your character on such a high niveau (especially with honorifics), even on low levels, is something that made Median stand above other ARPGs, where deep character customization is, if at all, only a thing of the late game.

No downgrade recipe to create greys

Maybe I am blind or do not remeber correctly, but I am quite sure there was a recipe to create grey items from magic and rare ones, so you dont need to find a grey one of the desired type. For example, I am searching for a paladin helmet to create a lowlvl runeword, in the past I went to Gheed and gambled for the desired item and degraded it. Now I have to wait for one to drop, which could take long depending on the type of item I am looking for, so long actually that I am already high enough to wear stronger items, making the runeword obsolete. I suppose the barrier to runewords should be finding those runes and not finding the desired base item.
mortimer_85
Djinn
522 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Schafusmatus wrote:...

Oil of renewal will turn magic or rare item into superior grey item now.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
the prices of MO's is fine . it prevent making OP characters at early levels .
Schafusmatus
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
mortimer_85 wrote:

Thank you very much. The description text in the documentation wasnt clear to me. In the past this recipe was only used to improve grey items. But its a good change to have those recipes unified.
TastyTurtle
Prowler
17 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Schafusmatus wrote:
mortimer_85 wrote:

Thank you very much. The description text in the documentation wasnt clear to me. In the past this recipe was only used to improve grey items. But its a good change to have those recipes unified.

Not trying to be a dick, but what part of "Any quality weapon/armor + Oil of Renewal → reroll item as superior" was unclear for you? I'm curious.
Schafusmatus
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
TastyTurtle wrote:
Schafusmatus wrote:
mortimer_85 wrote:

Not trying to be a dick, but what part of "Any quality weapon/armor + Oil of Renewal → reroll item as superior" was unclear for you? I'm curious.

The grey text above the recipes:
Upgrade any item to regular quality or a regular item to superior. This also rerolls the socket count on the item.

Any item to regular isnt correct anymore, because its "any item to superior" now and in the past the recipe only affected grey items and I dont know if the wording was much different. There was a downgrade recipe called "affix burn" or something called similar.

I also never thought of "normal, magic, rare" to be in the same quality category as "crude, superior, etc.", but more like a subcategory of "normal" -items.
Maybe the wording for the second recipe should be changed to "Any weapon/armor" instead, would have made it more clear to me at least.

So it was partly due to my memories messing with my reading skills and the inconsistent descriptions of the recipes.
Crash
Madawc
6801 | 329
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
the affix burn recipe used to utilize the catalyst of destruction, but this catalyst was removed to help simplify the game and remove unnecessary recipes, so now its just oil of renewal to make something superior, yea