Farm Duncraig?

Discuss Median XL!
Chronos69
Prowler
18 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hello!
I've beein reading that Duncraig is a good farming place.
Finally I reached lvl120 and I'm able to go there.

But, oh, surprise... after 2 runs (slow, since I just reached 120) with my xbow necro... I got 0 sacred uniques/set items and 2 shrines...

So... What's the point with Duncraig? At 115-120 I used to farm k3k and I used to leave every run with 7-8 sacred uniques and like 10-15 shrines.

Then, apart of EXP for being a 120 zone, why is Dunc a good farming place?
If it's not... Where should I go then?
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I guess you just had bad luck. Happens from time to time.
bodhe
Destroyer
6 | 2
With around 450mf on my necro I get 8-10 set/su per duncraig run. Like Manu said its all rng. Some runs I get 2, others I have to go unload my inventory half way through.

You can take k3k up a couple more levels if it is faster for you and you're focusing on loot over xp. After a couple more upgrades/charms you will be able to run duncraig really fast and it adds up quick.
Celladoor
Rust Claw
85 | 0
I find Dunc kind of slow. But I play a bowazon and I CANT do “Duncruns” with other people just yet. There’s just too much happening on screen and people in these pub runs have s tendency to plow through the meat of the mobs and leave stragglers that I cant see that well(transparent ghost mobs) and they kill me, haha. But I DID just figure out how to farm this w a bowazon, Phalanx is your friend, it kills after you die from teleporting :)

But yeah, I get better drops(more frequently) in K3k @ lvl 122. I dont have much mf on my son yet tho as the priority is killspeed > mf right now. But it may have something to do with the density of mobs. K3k probably has at least 10x the sheer number of mobs so thats more chances for the rng to drop in your favor. Keep at it.

edit: lvl 122 not 132
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
A few bad runs is no big deal man, it's an RNG-based game so that's bound to happen on occasion. I've found by far my best quality items in Dunc and Fautz. Just gotta keep at it. It's also possible that you're not quite geared enough to clear Dunc quickly and efficiently, so K3k might be a better option until you are.
Vaultboy_Gary
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi i run duncraig uncountable times now with 620MF, and find nothing whats worth. Some ssu but just the shitti one with no uses. But all in all is the time investment vs. Outcome not worth. I play just on singleplayer...
Maybe my rng is really bad.
Wish you more luck then me ;)
Jovoman
Cog
234 | 3
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
In my opinion of you Play a very agil and fast Farmer class you wont need that much mf even om running on my barb 150 mf and its kinda fine when i run dunc or allround farming so a good killspeed agil fast walking char for e.g. pala with 3 sec blink or so you good to go tbh
Vaultboy_Gary
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I running very fast through duncraig! (Vesseldin) The drops of unique items are very high ... A lot of TU's! Thats not the point...
Maybe the chance of an ssu is in fautz or bremmtown higher than in duncraig? As a noob i dont know. I believe in the description of the duncraig lvl. Higher dropchance of sacred items. Maybe an expirienced player can get better answer...
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
Vaultboy_Gary wrote:I running very fast through duncraig! (Vesseldin) The drops of unique items are very high ... A lot of TU's! Thats not the point...
Maybe the chance of an ssu is in fautz or bremmtown higher than in duncraig? As a noob i dont know. I believe in the description of the duncraig lvl. Higher dropchance of sacred items. Maybe an expirienced player can get better answer...

in terms of quality items dunc is much better than fautz/bremm the chance to find some ssu like ancient armors,naginatas are much higher in dunc.
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
It is how it is, rng.
I found the collector / grandfather / battlemaiden at the spiders in astrogha cave, in fauzt i have found nothing "good" so far