Should the multilogging rule change?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.

Should the multilogging rule change?

It should not be modified.
60%
We need this little change to be free.
38%
We need a change but a different proposal (in the comments my proposal)
2%

Total votes: 48

rawr123
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
HechtHeftig wrote:Maybe because that's exactly what's wrong? You shall play the game! And not rush yourself to 120 and keep a tp open when doing bosses. Because that is unfair to casual players.

Do stuff like this in SP if you really need to do it.

If they can't rush themselves, they'll ask someone rush them, no difference. And unfair to casual players? People who play 10 hours a day farming is "unfair to casuals" if you apply the same sense lol.

What's this doing to you anyway that it's a big deal? Is it physically harming you? Mentally harming you? Not trying to start anything, but genuinely curious. ;-|

Though it doesn't really matter, it's easier to have someone rush you than rush yourself anyway lol.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
rawr123 wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:Maybe because that's exactly what's wrong? You shall play the game! And not rush yourself to 120 and keep a tp open when doing bosses. Because that is unfair to casual players.

Do stuff like this in SP if you really need to do it.

If they can't rush themselves, they'll ask someone rush them, no difference. And unfair to casual players? People who play 10 hours a day farming is "unfair to casuals" if you apply the same sense lol.

What's this doing to you anyway that it's a big deal? Is it physically harming you? Mentally harming you? Not trying to start anything, but genuinely curious. ;-|

Though it doesn't really matter, it's easier to have someone rush you than rush yourself anyway lol.

The argument is against the rules of multilogging, not specifically against rushing oneself.

Someone mentioned it prior, I believe, that if you begin to allow people to rush themselves, then it opens the door for even more abuse. Someone could "claim" that they're rushing a character, but actually just holding a tp with another, etc.

Better to allow none than try to monitor the validity of rushing vs. holding tp's vs. buff characters vs. boosting xp, etc.

Surely you can see how TP holding and/or for example, making a barb with buff gear solely for buffing your main character, or logging multiples of your own character into a game to buff drop rates or experience gain is against the rules and provides unfair advantages.

If you see an issue with this, then single player is wide open for you to use. On TSW, the idea is that you're playing online for a reason. Make friends. Do shit with other people in-game. It's quite silly if you just play with SP thought processes on TSW just to get TSW bonuses. I imagine you can see how this becomes unfair to casual players and/or players who don't use the same against-the-rules multilogging. Your argument of people farming 10 hours a day being unfair to casuals is irrelevant in my opinion. Some players choose to farm for 10 hours a day, other players physically can't do that. This is why trading exists and why builds don't require SSSSSSSSSU's to be viable. Runewords and crafts, crafts especially this ladder, have been a part of the game for quite some time to allow players who can't farm like this to build a character up enough to complete the challenges/ubers that they need to.

It's most often the "casual" players who pay-to-win by buying all the best stuff off of the people who farm more often (because their individual schedule allows them to do that), then whine and complain that ladder is dead and game isn't fun anymore because they have nothing to work for.

What I'm trying to say, in short, is that there are plenty of options for "poor" players to complete the challenges and bosses that they need to complete without having to farm forever. In the case that you might be playing a javazon, for example, and you can't find time to farm a Danmaku or are unlucky in finding one, then I'd redirect you to the Trade Section.

Plenty of options to accomodate "casual players" to make the game playable without unfair bonuses due to multilogging.

Make sense?
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Multiple stash pages > No multilogging.

Honestly I think this would be the best course of action. But, I can't honestly argue not being allowed two characters at the same time either. :/ I'm 50/50 almost. It's enjoyable to think of Median XL as a mmo, play by yourself, and with others when you choose to. I dunno, hard for me to decide. But I would lean on just getting Stash pages in, and rejecting multi-logging as a whole as it would make the experience more... Genuine.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Also, I forgot to mention earlier.. this post has a 99% chance of not mattering to any of the admins at all.
xPaiNxGoDx
Cultist
23 | 9
1st. Meh
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
LHawkins1 wrote:This post is so dumb.

There should be no reason to explain why this isn't allowed. GG on reporting yourself.

Many laughs were had.

But yeah, sums up my thoughts.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Heathen wrote:
LHawkins1 wrote:This post is so dumb.

There should be no reason to explain why this isn't allowed. GG on reporting yourself.

Many laughs were had.

But yeah, sums up my thoughts.

Sad thing is that I actually went on to explain why it's silly..
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
rawr123 wrote:If they can't rush themselves, they'll ask someone rush them, no difference. And unfair to casual players? People who play 10 hours a day farming is "unfair to casuals" if you apply the same sense lol.

Aside from what LHawkins said (which I fully agree with) you have to look at it from the dev's point of view. Multilogging means that the same player uses more ressources. What if 1 player for example logs in 4 times? What if everyone logs in at least twice? That would lead to a great increase in traffic which means the devs need more server capacity which needs to be payed for. Since this mod is free to play we're really lucky that we have the TG to get some money in for the servers.

I remember the times when Median was still hosted on d2maniacs. Sunny and IRONBEAST payed for the servers all on their own (and some others, who wanted to support them also payed for 1-2 servers). Yes, that was more than friendly. That was simply awesome considering there was no advertising on their homepage and on the server except for other mods hosted on the same server (for example if you played Zephyrus mod, you saw ads for Eastern Sun or Median or Johnnys mod... you get the idea. But that ad was only at the top of the outside-game chat). You can't expect something like this from anyone... paying more for your enjoyment. Just because you want to be able to rush yourself despite the fact that you can always find someone to rush you.

Heck, when I started playing median xl again I had 1 week before the ladder was reset. And still I were able to find people to rush me. People on private servers are friendly. That's why I love to play this shitty old game with a shitty old engine were a sweet sweet mod creates a small and friendly community.

All you do by rushing yourself a new character to 120 is destroying your own fun. We had this on d2maniacs and the ladders came faster to an end (alias empty) than nowadays.

Trust me, it's better the way it is.
Jammy
Mangler
480 | 126
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
HechtHeftig wrote:I remember the times when Median was still hosted on d2maniacs.

We all remember those dark days...
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
jamielynn7483 wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:I remember the times when Median was still hosted on d2maniacs.

We all remember those dark days...

Well, since I played on D2maniacs before playing Median I had many friends on this server. I only remember the good times on d2maniacs ;)