Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
did anyone test it with d2se installed and noticed any problems?
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Guide Badge
@Void: I have d2se and the MXL launcher installed and both work fine.

@Thread: However, one thing is odd. If I launch MXL through the launcher, whenever I have my inventory open I can hear a coil-whine kinda sound from my computer (not via headset but actual physical sound) and the pitch varies when I mouseover different items (same item = same sound). This doesn't happen if I launch through d2se or vanilla.

Running Win 7 Professional N on GeForce GTX 750 TI & Intel i5-4460
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Moasseman wrote:@Void: I have d2se and the MXL launcher installed and both work fine.

did you try running other mods tho?
Strigvir
Vampiress
38 | 1
Why does it require disabling desktop composition when D2SE works fine with that option on? EDIT2: I've read the changelog wrong. For me, enabling desktop composition hangs the game at start-up. This is not the case with D2SE however.

EDIT: the text looks like this for me:
► Show Spoiler

It's only in main menu, in-game one is more readable.
enjoy
Cultist
21 | 0
will try it out today, finally its own launcher!
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Strigvir wrote:Why does it require disabling desktop composition when D2SE works fine with that option on? EDIT2: I've read the changelog wrong. For me, enabling desktop composition hangs the game at start-up. This is not the case with D2SE however.

I got the exact same problem.

No desktop composition and the game starts fine (Much slower than D2SE however, instantly vs 5-10sec delay with MXL launcher)

With desktop composition on it just gives a white screen and hangs for 15-20min before starting the game.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Moasseman wrote:@Void: I have d2se and the MXL launcher installed and both work fine.

@Thread: However, one thing is odd. If I launch MXL through the launcher, whenever I have my inventory open I can hear a coil-whine kinda sound from my computer (not via headset but actual physical sound) and the pitch varies when I mouseover different items (same item = same sound). This doesn't happen if I launch through d2se or vanilla.

are you using the same video mode with both d2se and the launche when doing this?

ShadowDawn wrote:
Strigvir wrote:Why does it require disabling desktop composition when D2SE works fine with that option on? EDIT2: I've read the changelog wrong. For me, enabling desktop composition hangs the game at start-up. This is not the case with D2SE however.

I got the exact same problem.

No desktop composition and the game starts fine (Much slower than D2SE however, instantly vs 5-10sec delay with MXL launcher)

With desktop composition on it just gives a white screen and hangs for 15-20min before starting the game.

This is because glide has some problems. D2SE has a hack or wrapper that fixes it apparently. I'll see what I can do.

For the XP people, I have a portable XP version and tested it on it. Installs fine, but when I run the launcher I get same error. Will try to figure out if it can be fixed.

For the wine people, I'll build the launcher on wine once I fix most bugs and we get towards the end of beta.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
DeaTh
Cog
206 | 16
For the wine people, I'll build the launcher on wine once I fix most bugs and we get towards the end of beta.

^__________________^

PS You already voted today. You can vote again in 10 hours and 27 minutes.
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Zennith wrote:Got a weird issue and idk why the launcher is causing it, but... /fps isn't working for me in-game when using the launcher. D2SE allows me to /fps in game. But when I use the launcher to launch D2, /fps no longer works in game.

This is on realm, only differences is D2se vs MXL Launcher 0.2.2

I am using Glide on both D2SE and MXL Launcher.

Can anyone else confirm this so I know I'm not alone with this issue?

Sooo.. Am I the only one with the /fps issue? I haven't tested with the latest build, but I didn't see anything about it.

Edit: Is the /fps thing a glide feature, and if so, are they different versions of glide or something?
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Common Guide Badge
Quirinus wrote:

are you using the same video mode with both d2se and the launche when doing this?

Yes, Glide on both. The Glide settings are identical as well as far as I can see.

However, interestingly enough the sound stops occurring if I exit and re-launch Diablo via the launcher. It's back if I completely exit the launcher and then launch again.