Rings and Randomness

Discuss Median XL!
Kronos
Prowler
16 | 0
Hi all,

Couple of questions about the "randomness" of the game:

Do certain items (esp some SU/SSU/SSSU and the Tribute sets) only appear in certain places / Uberquests?
Or it the game truly random when it comes to these items?
I know you can just have bad luck finding certain things but sometimes I wonder if certain items can only be found in 1 or 2 locations.

The doco is not 100% definitive: as we know certain items can be found only in certain dungeons (eg Triune for cycles)
But, does the same rule apply to Sets or Uniques?

I have never found a Bad Mood Ring, Ballantine's 1827, or Orc Torque Torc.
They are like hen's teeth to find, I am keen for Bad Mood.
Since they are all from the same "set" I was wondering if they were limited to specific locations??
I know you get higher ring drop rate at Fauz but is that the only place to find these 3 .... ? No luck at Fauz so far anyway.

And I have 2 of the Cowboys set but, same question - is there a better spot than others to get them?
I cannot even remember where I picked up those two, it was so long ago....

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Big thanks for those taking the time to answer some of my other posts too, I have been playing for a while but not really frequented the Forum until just recently (now I wish I had early....). So using this as an opportunity to ask on a few questions I have had.
Ben-
Team Member
346 | 354
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Mind Badge
Brainstormer... cool ideas and theories
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
theres no specific place to find bmr/ballantine/orc torque, they will drop anywhere where su can drop (apart from bosses like kab/athulua etc)
no specific place to find certain sets or certain unique
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Median XL Team Member
the rings/jewels/amulets that are listed last have the lowest drop chance. (last = last by reading order, so you read it left to right, 1st row, then the row below it)

those are not "ring sets", they just happen to be listed in the same row by chance, because there's 9 other rings before them and each row can have only up to 3 items before being too wide for a 1280x1024 resolution page.

some sets (I mean the set items in them) are more rare than regular sets (Cowboys from Hell, All is One [Community Set], and maybe a few more from the ones that aren't normal).
class-only items drop less often, higher type items also drop less often (eg. Sash vs Plated Belt) - this is so for set items as well.

obviously, as it says in the docs, some places have biases towards dropping sets (K3K) or sacred items (Duncraig). both help you get more set items, since set items are actually sacred items.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
its all on luck buddy.. or u will have to go for trade and get it from someone who have it for sale..
DacianDraco
Cog
212 | 17
Fauztinville remains the best place for Jewelry, it has drop bias and the density helps a lot, it's fairly easy with rainbow damage, but don't count on always getting Sacred Jewelry. Anyway it's a good place to trasmute Signets of Learning and get shrines. As for realm only set pieces, they're just hard to find in general, the ones of lower item type drop more "often" (jk), but good luck with finding the xbow.
Kronos
Prowler
16 | 0
Thanks all.... nice info...... just a case of sticking at it, farming, and holding out for the rarer items.
Had to ask though....