Few questions about starting

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Mericat
Skeleton
2 | 0
hey there!
just a few questions since, after many years, i finally want to join median XL:

1. there is a new version coming in 6 days, so is there any reason to start now, or should i wait another 6 days to start playing?

2. with the new version, is LoD 1.1.3c still the version i need? just downloaded a 113c LoD installer and would like to know if i can keep it for the newest version

3. are summoners viable? more important - viable as beginner? i often enjoyed to start a-rpg's using a summoner to get some work done (hate getting rushed, but love getting carried by my army ;) )

thanks for all (actually helpful) answers :)
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
1) If you haven't played recently or aren't familiar with gameplay it wouldn't hurt. Your progress won't be compatible with the new patch though.

2) Yes.

3) Yes. For leveling and most ubers they are fine. There are a few end-game areas where they are not so good, so respeccing to another build and using different gear is commonplace. Changes are expected with the new patch so be sure to read the patch notes when they're posted before deciding on a class/build.
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
self advertisement incoming: if you havent played mxl before, take a quick look at this guide:must read for new players is the "important to know" section, the rest is good to know but not necessary
https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=574
pantzirno
Prowler
15 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
You might want to try out Median XL 2012. It's the last version of the mod made by it's original author and most of the ideas carry on to Ultimative and 2017.
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Why would you tell him to play a previous version when we're trying to promote people to play mxl2k17?
Mericat
Skeleton
2 | 0
Helzopro wrote:Why would you tell him to play a previous version when we're trying to promote people to play mxl2k17?

i will join 2k17 to see the latest creation :)
it feels so "wasted" to start now, cause the patch then changes a lot stuff i bet and everything i reach and learn is pointless
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Mericat wrote:
Helzopro wrote:Why would you tell him to play a previous version when we're trying to promote people to play mxl2k17?

i will join 2k17 to see the latest creation :)
it feels so "wasted" to start now, cause the patch then changes a lot stuff i bet and everything i reach and learn is pointless

well its not, but id say it like this: keep waiting for the new one and it will feel even more exciting compared when u have already played it before it will take away the in my opinion fascinating exploring of the new stuff this mod offers
pantzirno
Prowler
15 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time

Because I didn't play MXL 2017 yet? It's hard to recommend something I haven't tried yet. I kept playing 2012 when Ultimative was out since the first versions were poorly balanced. Now Ultimative is just as good, but playing 2012 right now would feel less of a waste in the case of Ultimative being deprecated by 2017 since it's basically it's own thing.