601 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Hi All,
I wanted to see what the public opinion is on the adjustments made to the Diablo fight, asI feel like a lot of people are frustrated with it at early levels. In my opinion the fight is now too difficult on Normal and Nightmare difficulties, especially for melee classes.

Quick Rundown
Diablo uses his abilities so frequently and his skills hit like a truck. Even with max fire res, the big fire ring hits for half your life orb (and often double hits). As soon as you get within melee range he starts casting his lightning beam. His flamestrike AoE is also close to twice the size of the visual and it locks you in place, good as dead (though to be fair it has a pretty obvious animation). If you use portals nearby, you usually get flamestriked before you can break free from the bone prison.

I will say this though: I think the fight is a great example of what a Hell-mode act boss ought to be... you have to be properly geared and have solid gameplay tactics in order to succeed (kinda like Hell-mode Baal). It's an exciting early-endgame fight, but I just think it's asking too much in Normal and Nightmare modes. Especially for those players with much less gameplay experience.

What are your thoughts?

EDIT: after thinking about this more and reading comments, I think what it comes down to is the fire ring AoE just needs it's damaged reduced further on Normal and Nightmare modes. Flamestrike is easier to avoid and the lightning beam is a slower damage, but the fire ring is pretty much unavoidable and hits extremely hard, even with max res.
Edited by Semigloss 4 years.
FuriousBEAR
Cog
204 | 11
nothing wrong with it i think, you just need to move a bit more.
Anhe1
Acid Prince
47 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I like this rework. That wasn’t really cool to have act bosses which are “extremely easy” so you can kill them with holding rmb. Now it forces you to move, do some tactics which is nice

Looking forward to see meph/duri/andy reworks just to make fights more interesting
Edited by Anhe1 4 years.
Crash
Madawc
6801 | 329
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
cap light/fire res and you can still hold rmb
whatthewhat
Imp
4 | 0
Normal and Nightmare Diablo can be clear by just capping resist but I think Hell Diablo should just be an Uber now. Most Uber are in the first 3 acts anyway and the only reasons to proceed to act 5 are to clear King Koth and get the resistance scroll so why not just move King Koth to act 4, maybe by creating a portal by killing one of the three unique monsters after activating the seals?
Gorghor
Bone Archer
77 | 4
Probably died 20+ times on every character I've made on each diablo, he's way too strong. His expanding fire wall just hits too hard, if you get 2 of them in less than 10 secs you're dead, it's not something that you can really avoid either. As mentioned he should be way easier on normal and nightmare.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
he is a bit overtuned currently yes, he will be kept still difficult but more in line with the surrounding content in next patch
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I would love to see some work done on the dark wanderer when you leave A3 town !

For Diablo himself, at this point, you should have maxed resistances. What sucks is the price on MO’s, considering you may have got bad RNG on resistance gems before. Having that covered, don’t facedive Lightning Inferno or camp under a Flamestrike and you should be fine. He is supposed to be a boss after all, a tiny bit of common sense ain’t asking too much
Neyhanis
Balrog
122 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Johnny Impak wrote:I would love to see some work done on the dark wanderer when you leave A3 town !

For Diablo himself, at this point, you should have maxed resistances. What sucks is the price on MO’s, considering you may have got bad RNG on resistance gems before. Having that covered, don’t facedive Lightning Inferno or camp under a Flamestrike and you should be fine. He is supposed to be a boss after all, a tiny bit of common sense ain’t asking too much

About NM Diablo for sure, but yeah normal Diablo could use a tiny bit of tuning-down, some builds definitely struggle a bit
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
601 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Crash wrote:cap light/fire res and you can still hold rmb

80% max res is a lofty goal by a4 Nightmare (nearly impossible in a4 norm), and it will not allow you to RMB facetank this fight.

I don't think it's fair to assume players have found/farmed enough perfect bloodstones and +max res gear by this point either. Yes it's possible, we all know that, but it's not realistic...