Screen freezes

Discuss Median XL!
sevzzen
Vampiress
38 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Recently downloaded median xl ultimative since my PoE account got banned and unfortunately im experiencing screen freezes quiete frequently. im on compatibility mode xp service pack 2, tried glide wrapper and the 2d render option, also cleaned pc with ccleaner and i got no viruses halting my performance on any game since i can play anything on this pc. if anyone has had this problem and could throw in some tips i would be more than thankful
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
what u mean screen freeze? does ur computer screen freeze or just the game? do u get any kind of error? what version of Mxlu are u using? What version of d2 are u using? any other 3rd party software that u might be using?
we need info !
Food
Core Lord
360 | 32
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Hi and welcome.

As Rishab said, please give us all the information you can so we may be able to better help you.

Based on the few information you gave us I'd say first of all make sure your graphics drivers are up to date, that never hurts.
Then, you can try using DDraw display option, it's usually the fastest.

If you want to use Glide, please configure it in the following way:
  • under "settings" panel: select only the checkboxes labeled "window-mode", "keep aspect ratio" and "centered". The game usually works better in window mode. Make sure VSYNC is disabled, set the fps limit to 58.8 and static size to "no".
  • under "renderer" panel: select the most texture memory that doesn't exceed your video card memory (max is 108MB) and set buffer-texture-size to 1024x1024, select 32-bit and disable bilinear filtering, then quit glide configuration
  • back in d2se window, check "-ns disable Sound". This disables in-game sound but improves performance by quite a big margin.
sevzzen
Vampiress
38 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
d2 was patched for 1.13c, i dont get any errors, its only d2 that freezes and not entire pc, most recently mxlu, and i am not using any third party applications except the glide wrapper which i have used loads before median xl ultimative Edit: most recent graphics drivers too and os is windows 8.1
Food
Core Lord
360 | 32
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
I thought you were using d2se, but that's not the case. As I said, DDraw is usually the fastest drawing mode, so you can run d2vidtst.exe, located inside your diablo 2 install folder, and select DDraw as your drawing mode, or you can configure glide wrapper as I described.

To run diablo 2 without sound (which helps performance when using the glide wrapper) right click on the shortcut you use to launch the game, and in the target add -ns at the end, so it looks something like "C:\Games\Diablo II\Game.exe" -ns
sevzzen
Vampiress
38 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Tried everything and it still freezes, gonna try and re install everything and if that doesnt work i'll use an older pc so i wont have any potential problems with newer os
suchbalance
Team Member
1758 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Try compatibility with SP3 instead, tick the "run this as administrator" property of both game.exe and DiabloII.exe in your diablo folder and also add -ns to the target of your diablo shortcut.
sevzzen
Vampiress
38 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Clean install seems to have made it work
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Awesome..
Welcome to the world of median.. sadly there is no exit... trust me, i have been looking for 6 years now...